Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

9th circuit rules in favor of public open carry

This the case from Hawaii where George Young sued for his right to carry in public.  This is for open and cot concealed carry but the real shocker is this is the 9th circuit in SF.  I mean that’s a progressive Mecca.  I’m not really sure what it mean in the long term but interesting ruling nonetheless. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-court/u-s-appeals-court-upholds-right-to-carry-gun-in-public-idUSKBN1KE28C

38 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

This the case from Hawaii where George Young sued for his right to carry in public.  This is for open and cot concealed carry but the real shocker is this is the 9th circuit in SF.  I mean that’s a progressive Mecca.  I’m not really sure what it mean in the long term but interesting ruling nonetheless. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-court/u-s-appeals-court-upholds-right-to-carry-gun-in-public-idUSKBN1KE28C

Be nice if this somehow could benefit we Jerseyans, but,,,,,,,,,we can't even have a knife exposed to view around here. Sheesh.

Nice to see but it's another 3 judge panel with 1 dissenting so the standard process is going en banc, over ruled, then put in line with the other 2A cases lining up for the scotus to consider. Until the supremes actually take on a case I find it all too predictable and scripted to get excited about. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, capt14k said:

This is from a few weeks isn’t it? No new developments correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Months.  July to be exact.  And as far as I know there hasn’t been anything new. Still expected to be reviewed en banc and overturned. 

• Like 1

How does the court decide if they will rehear enbanc? Does it require a majority vote or something? 

Yes a majority of active judges. The ninth version of en banc is rarely in it's truest sense of all judges (29) but a panel of 11 judges.

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

Yes a majority of active judges. The ninth version of en banc is rarely in it's truest sense of all judges (29) but a panel of 11 judges.

11 hand picked to return the "right" verdict.

Don't be so sure this will be overturned.  If it is, they know it will go to the Supreme court, where if Kavanaugh is on the bench it will almost surely be overturned again, in our favor, thus making open carry the law of the nation. I am sure just like the carry case in Illinois that stopped there instead of allowing it to become the law of the land, California is hearing from NJ and NY to take one for the team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darrenf said:

Don't be so sure this will be overturned.  If it is, they know it will go to the Supreme court, where if Kavanaugh is on the bench it will almost surely be overturned again, in our favor, thus making open carry the law of the nation. I am sure just like the carry case in Illinois that stopped there instead of allowing it to become the law of the land, California is hearing from NJ and NY to take one for the team.

It’s Hawaii... but noted 

4 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

The en banc will be decided in California. It’s the 9th circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But the hole 9th depends on the enbanc.. you’re confusing dc. H I appealed for en banc. Whatever way the 9th rules it affects all in the circuit 

But the hole 9th depends on the enbanc.. you’re confusing dc. H I appealed for en banc. Whatever way the 9th rules it affects all in the circuit 

I’m not confusing anything. The en banc will gather in California. California is running the show. I understand the entire 9th is held to the decision in the 9th, and they will be compelled to fall on their sword so we here in NJ and our compatriots in NY are kept suppressed longer. They will drag this out as long as possible, and allowing this case to go to the Supreme Court will liberate us sooner, something they can’t abide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro