Mrs. Peel

Movie Recommendation: Take Shelter

Hmmm... I can't figure out how a film buff like me missed this terrific little film all these years (it was released in 2011)! But, I just saw it on channel 13.... and apparently Netflix and some other services have it for rent if you're interested.

It's a rather quiet yet very taut and absorbing film. Directed by Sam Nichols and starring Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain, the story has elements of psychological drama and horror story along with a major "prepping" angle that I'm sure some of you will find particularly interesting. You could say it explores the fine line between being prepared and being paranoid. I won't give the ending away... (I hate when people do that!!)… but it kept me guessing right up until the last scene.  

I highly recommend it. :good:

• Like 1

OMG  . I know  people have different taste of movies. My wife and I hardly can watch the same film.

HOWEVER we both agreed that Take Shelter is THE WORST movie we ever watched. She quit mid movie and like a fool, I was waiting for some dramatic improvement. I wasted 2 hours and one minute of my life + 2 dollars for youtube. Netflix does not have it. I rate everything from a scale of 1 to 10. This movie was a 2 .