Sign in to follow this  
Displaced Texan

Alloy wheel repair/refinishing in South Jersey

Can anyone recommend a shop that repairs and refinishes alloy wheels?

Looking for a shop in South Jersey. 

I hit a crater on the NJTPK, and damaged 2 wheels. I bought a replacement set, but would like to have the originals repaired and standing by for ready service spares. 

I’d appreciate any recommendations or advice.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

@1LtCAP I have an Infiniti G37 with a wheel that is damaged. I can't rotate my tires since that wheel shakes at high speed when placed on the front. Would it be cheaper to just buy a new wheel on  Ebay?

My wheels are hard to find, but I bought a set through these guys: 

https://www.autorimshop.com/

They had them in stock, and shipped within a few days. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

@1LtCAP I have an Infiniti G37 with a wheel that is damaged. I can't rotate my tires since that wheel shakes at high speed when placed on the front. Would it be cheaper to just buy a new wheel on  Ebay?

depends. the repair usually runs between 140 and 200 bucks.........depending on how badly they're messed up...

Can you file a claim for the wheel damage with the NJTP?  I filed one years ago for a county road pothole here in Burlington that took out about 10 cars.  They paid for a new tire and rim. Total cost was just over $500.  Just wondering if it's still possible to do.

I’m going to file. 

Damage to my car was 2 wheel bearings, and 2 wheels. 

I’m going to file for the bearing repair, 2 of the 4 wheels I bought, and realignment. 

Here is the link I found to file a claim. 

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/riskmgt/tort.shtml

53 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Go for it. Good luck.  Can’t have all the taxes we pay going towards funding a sanctuary state.  Maybe they should start repairing the infrastructure and taking care of the tax payers.

Bahahahahaha! Like that’s gonna happen. They’ll let this state crumble to the dirt before they take care of the taxpayers. 

I hope they do reimburse me, but I’m not too optimistic they will. 

what you need is pictures of the crater. when i worked in blenheim, there was a pothole eating vehicle wheels. 75 yards before the shop i worked at. one lady dropped her car off to have the spare mounted, while she walked back to take a picture. she filed a claim with the picture. they were out the very next day repairing the hole. she said they reimbursed her too.