Lambo2936

A 12G for shotgun sports

16 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Weights are heavy and running makes me tired.. soo I don’t do that stuff.

yes.. a ride up to rtsp. We’ll put a kids movie on so you’ll be occupied.

Yay.

Ill check the details and find out. Maybe we could make something work, lmao.

I dont work out btw. Staying round takes work (or lack thereof). My work is my gym, haha. Lotsa carrying boxes, tools, whatever.

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I've seen many a person "ghost" load a shell into the tube and not click it in all the way, and the follower pushes it back into the lifter.  Both on pump and semi autos.  Not a double feed cuz it'll cycle, but it can potentially cause a double feed.

Human error, training can make it go away.

<-----bragging right now!

I have learned to run a pump shotgun well enough to not cause a "self induced malfunction".  Now, add the semi auto into this equation and good luck clearing it in ANY situation. 

Pump > Semi-Auto

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Human error, training can make it go away.

<-----bragging right now!

I have learned to run a pump shotgun well enough to not cause a "self induced malfunction".  Now, add the semi auto into this equation and good luck clearing it in ANY situation. 

Pump > Semi-Auto

Ray,

I don't understand why you make a semi auto malfunction sound impossible.  I've seen then cleared hundreds of times with other peoples guns in matches.  Most of them are cleared in 2-3 seconds or less.  If you train so hard that you will never fail a pump gun, why don't you also train how to clear a malfunction?  

This is all not taking into consideration that while a firearms mechanical reliability won't drop under stress, that doesn't mean your ability won't drop.  And you need more ability to run a pump gun under stress.

2 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Ray,

I don't understand why you make a semi auto malfunction sound impossible.  I've seen then cleared hundreds of times with other peoples guns in matches.  Most of them are cleared in 2-3 seconds or less.  If you train so hard that you will never fail a pump gun, why don't you also train how to clear a malfunction?  

This is all not taking into consideration that while a firearms mechanical reliability won't drop under stress, that doesn't mean your ability won't drop.  And you need more ability to run a pump gun under stress.

Excellent point, dually noted.  

33 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Gas O-Ring goes, you're toast.  Cheap/easy fix but it's a wear part.

I was looking for where the gas O ring goes on my 870 that has never malfunctioned on me, ever, and I just cant find where it goes.  Can you help me with that.

• Like 2

Firing pin breaks...you're toast.  

One of several different springs breaks...you're toast.

Action bar breaks...you're toast.

extractor breaks...you're toast.

Barrel lug breaks...you're toast.  (happened to my Mossie....remember?)

Need I go on?

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

No, you have made it abundantly clear that 870's are the most reliable.

Unless it happens to be a recent one......with the poor quality machine work that causes it to jam....

• Like 2

Just now, W2MC said:

Unless it happens to be a recent one......with the poor quality machine work that causes it to jam....

Okay, I'll give you that.  Remlin has turned a corner though, Chatter on another forum indicates they are making better Marlins now.  Still not legendary JM marlin Q, but very reliable and fit/finish is better.

I've got one of each (Rem, Mossie, Browning, Stevens, Winchester) and I've owned others (High Standard, for example),.....they all have their good points and their bad points.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 10:05 PM, Krdshrk said:

Gas O-Ring goes, you're toast.  Cheap/easy fix but it's a wear part.

Still have the original O-rings (the gas seal) in a pair of 11-87 SP's. Clean the gun after shooting a lot so they don't dry and get crusty and crack and you're fine. Should one fail, two or three wraps of Teflon plumbing tape suffices to make a gas seal and the gun will function. 

• Like 1

I have a few extra 11-87 o-rings on hand, but my slug gun was my father’s 11-87... which he bought in 1987. All those years of hunting (inside a heated barn, then out in the elements... not to mention actual shooting), and I changed it out in 2009 just because I wanted to put a new one in. Very rare for them to go, unless you pull them off/put it on roughly (tear the rubber).

Worst case, gun will still operate in a sort of straight pull action. Unless you are shooting doubles, not the end of the world.

I’ve hunted with 11-87s for years, and my home defense shotgun is an 870 Police. When I got into trap, I bought a Mossberg SRII (when it was back at Mossberg for a cracked stock, I did shoot my Ithaca 37 with 20” once or twice). I liked it, as it did fit me well... but sold it a few months back. Got rid of it for some personal reasons, but looking at it, I just should have used my field 11-87 for trap. Why screw around with different triggers/controls, when I can use a similar gun for trap, and gain added proficiency with the few other guns I also shoot?

I haven’t actually had a day where it was decent out and was able to go... but I want to try going over to Salomon’s a few times over the next month. Not that it will go bad, but have a bunch of Gun Club sitting in my ammo supply. Might as well use it up.

7 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

Benelli? ive got one...you know this mannnn. Ethos 12 gauge with 28" barrel. Runs flawless. Have yet to have a hiccup in 3 years

Like zero hiccups! I mean none, nada, nilch, nin!

@Lambo2936 he’s only shot that gun once in 3 years 

• Like 1

Lmfao. Theres some good lookin shotguns out there man. If i ever make it big ill buy me a bunch and use em as wallpaper :D:D:D but for now i have two kids i need to try to keep alive so i think im gona try out the stoeger and maybe if a good deal pops up ill snag an o/u with a longer barrel.

Mentioned to my folks that googlin this towns code brought up nothing as far as discharge laws so gona talk to the PD tomorrow. Theres a slight chance i could get away with chootin here, excited as hell. Buncha trees thats reserved as a swamp for water retention behind the house so i can put up a backstop in the trees and all.. only issue is noise so ill likely have to stick with 22 toys.. but.. still better than nuthin!

9 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Lmfao. Theres some good lookin shotguns out there man. If i ever make it big ill buy me a bunch and use em as wallpaper :D:D:D but for now i have two kids i need to try to keep alive so i think im gona try out the stoeger and maybe if a good deal pops up ill snag an o/u with a longer barrel.

Mentioned to my folks that googlin this towns code brought up nothing as far as discharge laws so gona talk to the PD tomorrow. Theres a slight chance i could get away with chootin here, excited as hell. Buncha trees thats reserved as a swamp for water retention behind the house so i can put up a backstop in the trees and all.. only issue is noise so ill likely have to stick with 22 toys.. but.. still better than nuthin!

Discharge ordinance, must ask..

apparently @67gtonut has propensity to negligently discharge. Dunno, but I’m alarmed!

Anyone have a Franchi in general? How's it handle, how well does it eat shells, any mechanical issues, love it/ hate it, Etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have Franchi Affinity, love it.. Used it for trap. so far no malfunctions, since I only load one shell at the time I cannot comment on FTF but no FTEs yet. Loaded with light or heavy loads it eate everything.
The new one comes with larger port, large bolt release button ( similar to aftermarket ones) and large bolt handle. Oh and I forgot to mention predrilled receiver. It looks like gun was prepared for 3 gun..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1