Lambo2936

A 12G for shotgun sports

Oh ok ill call tanners and ask em, if not ill get it at cabelas. They are outta stock so itd take a week or so to come in. Either way im going to start with the stoeger and call it a day. Seems like its da chit and at that price point ill take the gamble. Worst case i lose 100$....

If you want me to help you smooth it out so it will last longer feel free to bring it over and I'll help you out, I'm 20 east of quinton. Pm me your number. 

If not don't just take it out of the box and shoot it. If you want it to last there are a couple simple things you should do first. BEFORE YOU SHOOT IT OR EVEN CYCLE IT.  You have to clean up the sides of the extractor groove with some sand paper. You do not need a Benelli extractor like the internet says you do, all of those posts are old and we learned since then. You also have to smooth out the action bar where it rides inside of the receiver and over the mag tube. Same thing, just use some fine grit sandpaper and knockdown the rough edges. Both of those things should only take you about 5 minutes. Finally clean off all of the oil that comes on it and use some mobile one 5 W 30 on everything that moves. Do not do any standing on the mag tube.

Also if you want to check out mine I'll be at Quinton on Sunday. There is a practice steel challenge Fun Shoot that you should come check out and bring some guns to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Pew Pew Plates and @louu.. no love for 930?

Thats @Ray Ray favoritest 

See my post from yesterday or the day before. Ask anyone that has been to at leat one half decent sized 3 gun or shotgun match if they seen any shotguns breakdown that day, when they answer yes ask them what kind of gun it was. There is a 99% chance they will say 930. I'm not talking shit, breakin balls or joking, this is just the truth. It sucks too because I really like mossberg as a company. My first gun was a mossberg 835.

1 hour ago, louu said:

See my post from yesterday or the day before. Ask anyone that has been to at leat one half decent sized 3 gun or shotgun match if they seen any shotguns breakdown that day, when they answer yes ask them what kind of gun it was. There is a 99% chance they will say 930. I'm not talking shit, breakin balls or joking, this is just the truth. It sucks too because I really like mossberg as a company. My first gun was a mossberg 835.

To be totally honest, I could not trust ANY semi auto shotgun with my life.  Even though my 930 has yet to fail, if (or when?) it does it would be at the worst time.

I have zero input to this thread, other than to get a 500 combo package that includes two barrels.

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

To be totally honest, I could not trust ANY semi auto shotgun with my life.  Even though my 930 has yet to fail, if (or when?) it does it would be at the worst time.

I have zero input to this thread, other than to get a 500 combo package that includes two barrels.

Not a bad idea, they are certainly affordable. Gona see what barrel options are included. 

11 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

If you want to go that direction (a Mossberg 500 to 'test the waters'), Howell Gun Works has been listing one on their Facebook page for $150.  if you want to add a tactical touch to it; RayRay has been begging someone to take a stock/forearm off his hands for a week on another thread here.

• Like 1

I used to have the same belief, but I've come to learn that in practice a pump is less reliable.  Not due to the shotgun itself, but under pressure they are prone to operator failure via short strokes.  So, maybe a pump is 99.9% mechanically reliable and a good auto is 99% mechanically reliable.  However, unless you wrap your hand around the bolt while you're shooting, you're not going to have stress induced failure with an auto.  In practice, it winds up making the pumps more prone to failure.  It's not the guns fault, but it's a failure nonetheless and both equipment and operator failure will kill you just as dead.

Zeke, as far as 930 love, none here.  I've seen it fail Jerry a bunch of times and while I wasn't at world shoot, I did see the video of Lena's breaking in half mid-stage over there.  If I recall correctly, it's because she wound up having to mortar it after a malfunction.  She cleared the malfunction and then the stage after the gun broke completely in half. 

15 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Pew Pew Plates and @louu.. no love for 930?

Thats @Ray Ray favoritest 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Zeke, as far as 930 love, none here.  I've seen it fail Jerry a bunch of times and while I wasn't at world shoot, I did see the video of Lena's breaking in half mid-stage over there.  If I recall correctly, it's because she wound up having to mortar it after a malfunction.  She cleared the malfunction and then the stage after the gun broke completely in half. 

I still love my 930.  Safety broke on it - gotta fix that, but it's been reliable if I keep it clean.  Jerry and Lena must murder their 930's with rounds through and rough handling...  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

I used to have the same belief, but I've come to learn that in practice a pump is less reliable.  Not due to the shotgun itself, but under pressure they are prone to operator failure via short strokes.  So, maybe a pump is 99.9% mechanically reliable and a good auto is 99% mechanically reliable.  However, unless you wrap your hand around the bolt while you're shooting, you're not going to have stress induced failure with an auto.  In practice, it winds up making the pumps more prone to failure.  It's not the guns fault, but it's a failure nonetheless and both equipment and operator failure will kill you just as dead.

Short stroking is human error, which can be trained out.  

When a semi auto goes down, it's game over.

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

When a semi auto goes down, pull the charging handle... Mortar if necessary... Almost like clearing a malfunction on an AR.

2 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

https://www.facebook.com/227803927300671/posts/please-watch-the-whole-videoupdate-on-the-third-ipsc-shotgun-world-shoot-pretty-/1748553188559063/

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I still love my 930.  Safety broke on it - gotta fix that, but it's been reliable if I keep it clean.  Jerry and Lena must murder their 930's with rounds through and rough handling...  

Their guns do not get half of the abuse that people like me do to our guns. They get new guns all the time so the round count is actually low. I only have one 3 gun shotgun and it literally has pallets of shells through it. In the 4 years I've had this gun I've only had 5 malfunctions with it and each time all I had to do to get it going again was pull the charging handle. 3 of the malfunctions were from using bad ammo, 1 was from not cleaning it for a long time and the other was recently when I did a half ass cleaning and just dumped a ton of oil in it. 

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Couldnt the same be said for any handgun, rifle, etc? Tbh the few times ive had to check things out i grabbed both my AR AND my glock. Stuck glock in pocket just in case. Ya never know... 

1 hour ago, Purple Patrick said:

Non FB link? I can't find video of this

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don’t have Facebook either. Link worked for me.

Try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lena+miculek+shotgun+breaks&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

4th link down titled “Please watch the whole video.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louu said:

Their guns do not get half of the abuse that people like me do to our guns. They get new guns all the time so the round count is actually low. 

Not at all...  Did you see the video HE linked?  "That gun has been to I don't know how many matches, how many tens of thousands of rounds..."  - They don't get all new guns all the time...

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

When a semi auto goes down, pull the charging handle... Mortar if necessary... Almost like clearing a malfunction on an AR.

Clear a double feed in a semi auto in a defensive role, not gonna happen.  

On 9/26/2018 at 0:56 PM, Lambo2936 said:

Older than 1980? This one is already almost 40 years old according to the seller. Only issue is cant change chokes..

I would buy one that's 40 years old if it had a fixed IC or MOD choke. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, Lambo2936 said:

Looking into getting into trap/skeet/sporting clays. I dont know the difference, and know zilch about what shotty to get. A Beretta al390 gold sport popped up on mewe that looks beautiful. 30" barrel (including choke). Would something like that be able to be used for any of those or are they specific? When i join a club ill be looking to get into it, not comps but for fun. Im a short dude (5'5" with shoes on.. LOL). So i dont know if thats something i could even comfortably handle. IMO something shorter would likely be better.

I also want something i could potentially use for something like 3 gun or just general plinking if thats even possible to do. The beretta i saw is semi so thats a plus. Just wondering what i should be looking for, by no means am i set on that. Would rather buy 2nd hand and save $$, i may end up not even liking this stuff. 

Really liking quinton as long as they are friendly with steel targets. 

Check out the above thread.

I bought this gun a few months back and it has been flawless. It's light weight and cycles as fast as you can pull the trigger. I've put everything from light target loads to slugs through it and it ran it all. After putting a few hundred rounds through I still haven't cleaned the gun and it stills runs fine.

In one of my posts I mentioned a failure to feed but that turned out to be operator error.

I think that it would be hard to find a better gun for even close to the price.

• Like 1

I have never seen one, out of a Mossberg anyway.

This is a mossberg ^^

It can happen on any gun - Just cuz you've never seen one doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  I've seen many a person "ghost" load a shell into the tube and not click it in all the way, and the follower pushes it back into the lifter.  Both on pump and semi autos.  Not a double feed cuz it'll cycle, but it can potentially cause a double feed.

33 minutes ago, Ms. 12 Gauge said:

.... all this talking about shotguns makes me kinda think I need another... emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If they get too close together in the safe they can make babies.  That's where @Ray Ray's SxS with the Hi-vis sight came from :) 

• Like 2