Sign in to follow this  
silverado427

Shooters Outdoor range

3 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Has anyone used their 100yd outdoor range 

I've thought about it, but being inside the concrete tunnels can be loud, specially when shooting .223. Plus, last time I asked, they won't let you shoot handguns down there (don't know if they changed that rule), and we like to bring both, so we've been going to Range 14. Easier on the ears and more choices of targets.

FYI, Shooters is having their 5 year Anniversary Sale next weekend, so if you're looking for some deals, you might find them.

7 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I'm a member at range 14,  The only thing I don't like are the cease fire times. It seems like their 20 minutes.    I don't have any problems with him , But the Guy in the tower is a piece of work.

Tbh i shoot steel at 200 and the 10 or 15 minute ceasefire is needed to get way down there with a buncha plates and back. I often have to jog back to avoid holding things up. I hate it when people slowly walk there and back and make everyone wait 5 minutes longer. The shooting periods are crazy short as is.

i think its 20 hot 10 ceasefire.

13 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Tbh i shoot steel at 200 and the 10 or 15 minute ceasefire is needed to get way down there with a buncha plates and back. I often have to jog back to avoid holding things up. I hate it when people slowly walk there and back and make everyone wait 5 minutes longer. The shooting periods are crazy short as is.

FWIW no running was the rule on any military range I've shot on and that's been a few.  No sense in having someone fall, sprain an ankle, or break a leg.  That would really hold things up.

1 minute ago, GRIZ said:

FWIW no running was the rule on any military range I've shot on and that's been a few.  No sense in having someone fall, sprain an ankle, or break a leg.  That would really hold things up.

Never been a rule at R14 AFAIK lol. Some of these guys turn 10 minute ceasefires into 15+. Given that they break em down into 30 minute groups of shoot/CF it bites into the already-short shooting time. Im extremely excited to join somethin down here, its entirely member ran and id have literally been the only person shooting rifle from what i saw the other day if i was shooting. Thats awesome and id gladly pay the fees for not having to lose all that time (its annoying, as they limit how many hrs you can shoot, as well...)

30 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

The only thing I don't like are the cease fire times. It seems like their 20 minutes.

21 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Yeah, that's what we've experienced. 20/10. Once we reset targets, we go back and reload mags for the remainder of the CF, so it's really not that horrible. I bring a mixed bag of targets (paper, cans, and water bottles), so by the time we reset, clean up and get back to the truck, most of the CF is done. Plus, we normal go for a minimum of two hours, so we'll get enough actual shooting time in.

• Like 1

Just now, Sniper22 said:

Yeah, that's what we've experienced. 20/10. Once we reset targets, we go back and reload mags for the remainder of the CF, so it's really not that horrible. I bring a mixed bag of targets (paper, cans, and water bottles), so by the time we reset, clean up and get back to the truck, most of the CF is done. Plus, we normal go for a minimum of two hours, so we'll get enough actual shooting time in.

I do the same minus reloading mags. Thats actually a nono, got yelled at for it once from one of the ROs. Was by my truck if that changes anything tho.

• Like 1

Just now, Lambo2936 said:

I do the same minus reloading mags. Thats actually a nono, got yelled at for it once from one of the ROs. Was by my truck if that changes anything tho.

That's where we reload, on my tailgate. Never had the RO say anything about it.

11 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Odd. Im young (24), so maybe he was just being a dick. Lol. Regardless looking like ill be joining a different range though.

Ha Ha... that might be it.

They don't mess around with us old farts... :)

The only time we had any issues with a RO was with my son, who was wrestling with the bolt on his Mosin, and the RO stopped over to see what was going on. Otherwise, they just walk by.

• Like 2