Sign in to follow this  
leo-польд

Can I get this thing for my Glock in NJ?

Not a stock, but a brace... but I’ve yet to see NJSP/AG view on braces for anything other than firearms (specifically related to the Black Aces DT). I don’t believe you’d have to pin it, as it isn’t a stock... but I would want clarification on that (opposed to making a “SBS” if NJ views it as a stock).

Other than that, a feature to be concerned about is if the shell around the slide would be considered a barrel shroud. Think a test case or letter from NJSP/AG would be the only way to decide.

720 grams equates to about 25.4 ounces. Is your Glock under 23.6? Must also be under 50 ounces, unless that is the only feature.

Magazine doesn’t matter, since it isn’t outside the pistol grip. Don’t put a threaded barrel on it, as it is another feature. Not a copy of a full-auto gun. Think those cover all the assault pistol features... can only have one of them.

Federally, have to be careful with a vertical grip on a pistol. Would require a tax stamp (AOW).

On 9/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, leo-польд said:

I believe if stock is pinned and not foldable it is OK? Not sure.

https://zahal.org/product/fab-defense-kpos-scout-conversion-kit-for-glock-17-19/

Only the Non-NFA version would be good as it's a brace.  Doesn't matter if it's folding or not

On 9/23/2018 at 9:25 AM, Ray Ray said:

I believe @Krdshrk has one similar.

Similar - CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer

On 9/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, Screwball said:

Not a stock, but a brace... but I’ve yet to see NJSP/AG view on braces for anything other than firearms (specifically related to the Black Aces DT). I don’t believe you’d have to pin it, as it isn’t a stock... but I would want clarification on that (opposed to making a “SBS” if NJ views it as a stock).

Other than that, a feature to be concerned about is if the shell around the slide would be considered a barrel shroud. Think a test case or letter from NJSP/AG would be the only way to decide.

720 grams equates to about 25.4 ounces. Is your Glock under 23.6? Must also be under 50 ounces, unless that is the only feature.

Magazine doesn’t matter, since it isn’t outside the pistol grip. Don’t put a threaded barrel on it, as it is another feature. Not a copy of a full-auto gun. Think those cover all the assault pistol features... can only have one of them.

Federally, have to be careful with a vertical grip on a pistol. Would require a tax stamp (AOW).

Stock version is NFA and would be a SBR which is not legal in NJ.  The Brace version is ok.  The 50 oz weight is only for the firearm itself, not any accessories.  My Extar EXP-556 is 48 oz.  If I add an optic to that, it's over 50 oz but that doesn't make it illegal.  The only feature on it that could be considered an Evil feature by NJ law is the Barrel Shroud - but that's the same thing as my CAA Roni Stabilizer.  

• Like 1