High Exposure

The New Improved Glock 19X - The Glock 45

I know, I know. It is confusing.

The Glock 45 is chambered in 9mm, has a full size frame and a compact slide like the 19X.

It looks like they listened to user feedback regarding the G19X and added front serrations and removed the mag cutout on the grip adding the Gen 5 magwell flare.

I want one of these desperately. I @blksheep does too. Maybe we can get a group discount :rofl:

Glock 22 is actually a 40 S&W

Glock 25 is actually a 380 acp

Glock 38 is actually a 45 GAP

Glock 40 is actually a 10mm

Glock 45 is actually a 9mm

Okay, let's be serious.  It's a gun nobody asked for and nobody wants.  Now, had they mated a G19 frame on a G26 slide then we can talk.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Didn’t Glock do 19Xs in black? Thought I saw a shot of one on one of the forums... if so, you just get forward serrations? Really? I’d get the 19X in FDE just to not have them.

Personally, I’m good without a 45. My single Glock will stick with the 30S (in .45 [emoji41]) for at least the next year. I’ll probably pick up a 41 to match when I move (passed the background, going for the drug test tomorrow, so might be sooner than I thought). Only other chance is if Glock wins the CBP trials... then I’ll likely buy a 26 and a 43 (they are moving to 9mm, so I’ll have options with the two smaller guns).

Personally, I want to see the 46 come to US market. Yea, the rotating barrel isn’t as common as other designs, but works great with my PX4. Would like to see Glock’s take on it. After that... put out a freaking Glock carbine! The Ruger is out, I know... but like the 46, I would love to see how Glock would do one. Unless their “innovation” is just making a gun previously out and assigning a new model number to it.

9 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Okay, let's be serious.  It's a gun nobody asked for and nobody wants.  

I disagree Ray. This model has the improvements that have been most requested by end users of the G19X. It is in fact exactly the gun a lot of Glock shooters asked for and wanted. 

Personally, I waited on the 19X because I wanted certain changes and had heard that Glock was receptive to some of the complaints out there regarding the 19X.

The new G45 addresses my desires in spades. It is the perfect host Glock for a comped barrel and slide milled for an RMR.

• Like 1

Yes. The 19x was the entry into the new service pistol competition for the military. One of the requirements was the notch for stripping stuck mags.

The Gen 5 was a civilian version of the M series pistols developed for the FBI solicitation. The Gen 5 is progression from those two processes. The military and FBI procurement processes are over, and Glock can now change it up for the civilian market and their needs.

13 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

I understand all that, but the differences between 19x and G45 are aesthetic only, there are no engineering or mechanic differences. Hence the question why did they designate an new model number for it? I guess it's just a marketing ploy.

It's not a 19X2 - it's a completely new gun!  lol

• Like 1

Making changes to an existing product that mirror demand from the consumers is  a marketing ploy? 

I always thought that was good CS and plain good business.....

Not just aesthetic changes. They are functional and ergonomic.

The front slide serrations are functional, especially with an RMR.

The front cutout was uncomfortable and unnecessary. It changed the way you gripped the pistol. 

16 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Making changes to an existing product that mirror demand from the consumers is  a marketing ploy? 

I always thought that was good CS and plain good business.....

Not just aesthetic changes. They are functional and ergonomic.

The front slide serrations are functional, especially with an RMR.

The front cutout was uncomfortable and unnecessary. It changed the way you gripped the pisto

G19 Gen 4, add front serrations, it became the G19 FS, add rmr cut out, it became the 19 MOS, etc, etc. The G45 adds Front serrations and deletes the notch, and is black. That's all I can tell is different. I don't see any mechanical or engineering differences that it would set it so far apart from the 19x that it deserves a new model designation. 

Personally, I think G19xG2 or G19xBlack or G19xLE would fit better.

15 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

It's not a 19X2 - it's a completely new gun!  lol

Honestly, this is why it took me forever to get into a Glock platform.  All these models and generations remind me of the saying "don't make 'perfect' the enemy of 'good'." 

I finally picked up a Glock 20 Gen4 because I wanted to scratch my 10mm itch.  Now am I supposed to believe that I have an "outdated" design of a gun that most closely resembles a sledge hammer?  I can't even tell the difference of between the G20 and a refrigerator except that I've noticed I can't shoot my refrigerator through my G20. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weekend_junkie said:

Honestly, this is why it took me forever to get into a Glock platform.  All these models and generations remind me of the saying "don't make 'perfect' the enemy of 'good'." 

Took me a while too... wound up getting a G19 Gen 5 - the mag cutout doesn't mess with my grip any and I do like the trigger more than the previous gens.  That plus the CAA Roni Stabilizer chassis made it a fun gun to have.  

FYI:

GLOCK 45 GEN5    10RD MAGS    FIXED SIGHTS
#PA455S201    MSRP: $699    RETAIL MAP: $539.00

GLOCK 45 GEN5    17RD MAGS    FIXED SIGHTS
#PA455S203    MSRP: $699    RETAIL MAP: $539.00

GLOCK 45 GEN5    10RD MAGS    AMERIGLO SIGHTS
#PA455S301AB    MSRP: $799    RETAIL MAP: $626.00

GLOCK 45 GEN5    17RD MAGS    AMERIGLO SIGHTS
#PA455S303AB    MSRP: $799    RETAIL MAP: $626.00

GLOCK 45 GEN5    10RD MAG    NIGHT SIGHTS
#PA455S701    MSRP: $749    RETAIL MAP: $573.00

GLOCK 45 GEN5    17RD MAGS    NIGHT SIGHTS
#PA455S703    MSRP: $749    RETAIL MAP: $574.00

• Like 1

Did a little information gathering. Rumor has it the G19x was supposed to be a limited edition run and the replacement was going to be the G45 model designation. But sales of the 19x have far surpassed expectations, so it will continue to be offered. I guess this is the reason for having almost 2 identical pistols with different model numbers - for now. It's also rumored that the G44 is a 17 slide on a 19 frame that is still in development.

25 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Where did you get it?

Every blue label dealer I called said it wasn’t released yet....

Shooters...and a coworker picked one up today from Howell Gun works..both Blue Label pricing

21 minutes ago, 70gto said:

what frame is it? is it a 19 frame that shoots 45 or is it the large frame like the 21?

It's a Glock 17 Frame with a Glock 19 Slide that shoots 9mm

• Like 2