Sign in to follow this  
Lambo2936

Quintons rules RE steel?

Lookin for a quick answer. Havent gotten an answer after numerous emails. Was supposed to hear from president regarding the rules but i guess there are none and i never heard back.

Steel plates allowed? Only at 200 like R14 orrrr is the 50yd line ok? Rifle only? Handguns too? Cant get an answrr and guy who gave me the tour had NO idea. Going now to put in application if i get an answer from them in person. If steel is a no go or only at 200 like range 14 then no point in joining there right now.

The following is excerpted from Quinton’s Club rules (Complete copy can be found on their website under the  membership dropdown).

...C. RIFLE / PISTOL RANGE RULES

6. Personally-owned steel targets may be used if targets are set at least 10 yards from the firing point. They must be shaped so that the actual bullet impact area is flat and placed parallel to the firing line. All steel targets shall be removed from the range when the shooter is finished.

That 10 yards distance does not appear in any of the documents I received during orientation earlier this year.  I'll scan and attach the 2 pages that deal with steel targets.  The thickness of the steel and distance from the firing line varies based on what you are shooting. 

Scan0002.pdf

The “rules board” at the actual range says minimum 15 yards for pistols and 100 yards for rifles 

edit: oops sorry didn’t click on link in regular guy’s post above..... but that’s what I read on the sign and was told by ken (president)

3 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

That 10 yards distance does not appear in any of the documents I received during orientation earlier this year.  I'll scan and attach the 2 pages that deal with steel targets.  The thickness of the steel and distance from the firing line varies based on what you are shooting. 

Scan0002.pdf

Thanks for sharing this!
Wonder why they are so inconsistent in what they publish. Kinda misleading.. Asked all over and nobody could give me a damn answer, either. Not even the guy who worked there. Never got the promised email from the president either... lol.
Obviously 10 yards is unsafe even for a handgun so why they would even put that in the rules is kinda beyond me. 15 Yards is cool for a handgun, but i was hoping for 50 for rifles. I Guess they are just being safe. 100 is better than 200, but can't do any cool youtube-drills-type-shooting at those distances lmao. Gona get a dueling tree rig for shizzle though.

I saw that 10 yards distance and believed it must be a typo. I do seem to remember 15 for pistol and 100 for rifle, but I couldn’t find any documentation for it (at least looking from my lazy boy last night).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Obviously 10 yards is unsafe even for a handgun so why they would even put that in the rules is kinda beyond me. 

USPSA dictates 23' or 26' minimum dependent on whether there is cover at the shooting position. IDPA rules dictate 10 yards minimum.

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

USPSA dictates 23' or 26' minimum dependent on whether there is cover at the shooting position. IDPA rules dictate 10 yards minimum.

No shit. At 10 yards id imagine people get pelted with fragments regularly, no?