Next stop 5 rounds! i wish the Nazi anti gunners in power of NJ will stop saying nj citizens, we are its subjects and just here to bend over and take it up the butt. Sorry for my language but unless they all kick the bucket which we can all hope for right? lol next is 5 rouns then gun will be taken. Save money move out of this shit hole called NJ.

• Like 2

Unbelievable, can't even win a temporary stay. The Judge is a coward. I doubt he even gave it much thought. There is nothing "unusual" about a 15 round magazine, it is legal in the vast majority of these states, the Judge either didn't give a dam, hates guns, or is too ignorant and was swayed by the word "Large"...This should have been a no-brainier.

• Like 1

Not so fast... they anticipated this and they've already kind some kind of appeal in the works: 

ANJRPC TAKES EXPEDITED APPEAL

AS LOWER COURT REFUSES INJUNCTION

IN MAGAZINE BAN CHALLENGE

U.S. District Judge Refuses to Enjoin Magazine Ban

ANJRPC Ready, Invoking Expedited Procedure Seeking to Halt

The New Law While Appeal is Pending

Expedited Decision on Injunction Pending Appeal

Anticipated Around Late October

Consider Holding Onto Your Magazines Until Then –

ANJRPC to Issue Detailed Guidance at That Time

September 28, 2018. A U.S. District Judge today refused to issue a preliminary injunction, or an injunction pending appeal, halting enforcement of New Jersey’s magazine ban enacted in June. See a copy of that legal decision here

However, the district court’s decision is not the last word on the matter. ANJRPC counsel were ready for the contingency and have already filed a notice of appeal, and they anticipate filing the papers Monday seeking an expedited decision halting the law during the appeal. 

Despite finding that the banned magazines are “in common use,” the district court in its decision disregarded the Supreme Court’s clear command in Heller that such arms may not be banned. The court decided that the magazine ban does not “substantially affect [individuals’] ability to defend themselves” even though the Second Amendment does not permit a State to pick and choose which arms it deems sufficient for self-defense.  The court then denied Plaintiffs’ Equal Protection claim, applying an improperly low Constitutional standard, and denied Plaintiff Takings claim, finding that requiring a person to spend substantial money on modification does not require compensation.

An expedited decision on the request for an injunction pending appeal is anticipated in late October or early November. ANJRPC intends to issue detailed legal and practical guidance for gun owners by that time. We ask that gun owners continue to be patient while we pursue every available procedure to halt enforcement of the new law. Gun owners who choose to hold onto their magazines until then should be prepared to take immediate action with their magazines prior to the December 10 compliance deadline, if necessary.   

As we enter this critical time-sensitive phase of the magazine ban lawsuit, ANJRPC wishes to thank the law firm of Cooper & Kirk, and attorney Dan Schmutter, for their extraordinary efforts anticipating every possible contingency and being prepared in advance to take immediate action to protect gun owners. ANJRPC also wishes to thank NRA-ILA for its ongoing extraordinary support of this case.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE CASE! 

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don’t already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.

About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey’s oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.

Please watch for further updates and alerts.

<click here for the online version of this alert>

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Not so fast... they anticipated this and they've already kind some kind of appeal in the works: 

ANJRPC TAKES EXPEDITED APPEAL

AS LOWER COURT REFUSES INJUNCTION

IN MAGAZINE BAN CHALLENGE

U.S. District Judge Refuses to Enjoin Magazine Ban

ANJRPC Ready, Invoking Expedited Procedure Seeking to Halt

The New Law While Appeal is Pending

Expedited Decision on Injunction Pending Appeal

Anticipated Around Late October

Consider Holding Onto Your Magazines Until Then –

ANJRPC to Issue Detailed Guidance at That Time

September 28, 2018. A U.S. District Judge today refused to issue a preliminary injunction, or an injunction pending appeal, halting enforcement of New Jersey’s magazine ban enacted in June. See a copy of that legal decision here

However, the district court’s decision is not the last word on the matter. ANJRPC counsel were ready for the contingency and have already filed a notice of appeal, and they anticipate filing the papers Monday seeking an expedited decision halting the law during the appeal. 

Despite finding that the banned magazines are “in common use,” the district court in its decision disregarded the Supreme Court’s clear command in Heller that such arms may not be banned. The court decided that the magazine ban does not “substantially affect [individuals’] ability to defend themselves” even though the Second Amendment does not permit a State to pick and choose which arms it deems sufficient for self-defense.  The court then denied Plaintiffs’ Equal Protection claim, applying an improperly low Constitutional standard, and denied Plaintiff Takings claim, finding that requiring a person to spend substantial money on modification does not require compensation.

An expedited decision on the request for an injunction pending appeal is anticipated in late October or early November. ANJRPC intends to issue detailed legal and practical guidance for gun owners by that time. We ask that gun owners continue to be patient while we pursue every available procedure to halt enforcement of the new law. Gun owners who choose to hold onto their magazines until then should be prepared to take immediate action with their magazines prior to the December 10 compliance deadline, if necessary.   

As we enter this critical time-sensitive phase of the magazine ban lawsuit, ANJRPC wishes to thank the law firm of Cooper & Kirk, and attorney Dan Schmutter, for their extraordinary efforts anticipating every possible contingency and being prepared in advance to take immediate action to protect gun owners. ANJRPC also wishes to thank NRA-ILA for its ongoing extraordinary support of this case.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE CASE! 

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don’t already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.

About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey’s oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.

Please watch for further updates and alerts.

<click here for the online version of this alert>

And they will lose this also.

1 minute ago, reloaderguy said:

And they will lose this also.

In NJ? Entirely likely. Then on to the Supremes. None of this will be fast.

In the meantime, find a nice, water-tight container to bury your mags. Or take a boating trip. Whatever. Get creative.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

In NJ? Entirely likely. Then on to the Supremes. None of this will be fast.

In the meantime, find a nice, water-tight container to bury your mags. Or take a boating trip. Whatever. Get creative.

At this rate, I'm gonna need a pirate map just to find my shit.

• Like 8

Is this a good time to say I have a case or more of 15 rd AR mags to sell? Leaving this shit state with any luck by end of Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still running my “outlawed” magazines to PA as close to the deadline as possible, as I’m not playing any games while at FLETC. Will pick up as I make my final trip across the Delaware.

But I just did my drug testing for CBP/USBP, and submitted my updated medical tonight. After that, the final order is all that awaits... hopefully it is past 45 days, so I can go on the cruise. If not, I’ll have some extra money in my account when I head down.

Wish you guys the best of luck on the appeal, but I’m blowing this taco stand. Guns and the pup are coming with me... if the girlfriend decides to come, great. If not, easier on the move/choice of housing.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I’m still running my “outlawed” magazines to PA as close to the deadline as possible, as I’m not playing any games while at FLETC. Will pick up as I make my final trip across the Delaware.

But I just did my drug testing for CBP/USBP, and submitted my updated medical tonight. After that, the final order is all that awaits... hopefully it is past 45 days, so I can go on the cruise. If not, I’ll have some extra money in my account when I head down.

Wish you guys the best of luck on the appeal, but I’m blowing this taco stand. Guns and the pup are coming with me... if the girlfriend decides to come, great. If not, easier on the move/choice of housing.

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone that was at NJSAFECON heard Dan Schmutter on this subject.  To those few hundred people, THIS ISN'T NEWS...

It was covered in his presentation and during Q&A.

It's a chess game & the game's not over!

Rosey

• Like 5

They'll have the five round mag ban signed law before the ten round guess into full effect. This time next year the will ban all removable mags or just go for the gold and ban all semi automatic firearms. Their side owns the courts. It's a lost cause.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, jtd771 said:

They'll have the five round mag ban signed law before the ten round guess into full effect. This time next year the will ban all removable mags or just go for the gold and ban all semi automatic firearms. Their side owns the courts. It's a lost cause.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Don't give up so easy!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, reloaderguy said:

Then find someone capable of arguing the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not so much our side's arguing but more about the other sides lack of hearing. The judicial system around hear is tone deaf when dealing with 2A rights. No judge is going to defy the entire NJ legislature and governor and a state culture that has little if any interest in 2A rights.

• Like 2

My answer is to go for larger calibers and revolvers. Every 45 1911 is under 10 round (except those weird double stacks that have too wide grips) most 10mm are 10 round or less. In revolvers you can’t beat 44 mag and 357. Then there are most pistols sold for carry are under 10 rounds. 

The way I see it they are forcing us to more powerful ammo and to bring into the state more pistols that can be hidden and carried in consealed in public easier. Law of unintended consequences  is going to bite them.

-Jim

24 minutes ago, siderman said:

It's not so much our side's arguing but more about the other sides lack of hearing. The judicial system around hear is tone deaf when dealing with 2A rights. No judge is going to defy the entire NJ legislature and governor and a state culture that has little if any interest in 2A rights.

Yep, this judge wimped out...It isn't ANJRPC's fault, read the courts decision, it is a bunch of crapola justification. And folks bragging here about not donating to ANJRPC, probably pound their chest in the mirror about how they don't vote either, and are no better than this judge, IMHO of course :-).

• Like 8

1 hour ago, siderman said:

why not? they're higher on the food chain(technically)