1 hour ago, siderman said:

It's not so much our side's arguing but more about the other sides lack of hearing. The judicial system around hear is tone deaf when dealing with 2A rights. No judge is going to defy the entire NJ legislature and governor and a state culture that has little if any interest in 2A rights.

yea, but it'd sure be a shame if they wound up with some concrete boots... especially around here.

15 hours ago, reloaderguy said:

Then find someone capable of arguing the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe they have attorney's that are putting forth good arguments. It's that the judge simply wipes his ass with the Constitution. I hope this judges decision gets slapped down by a higher court!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Anyone that was at NJSAFECON heard Dan Schmutter on this subject.  To those few hundred people, THIS ISN'T NEWS...

It was covered in his presentation and during Q&A.

It's a chess game & the game's not over!

Rosey

No idea who you are talking about. Unfortunately game IS over.

11 hours ago, Combat Auto said:

Yep, this judge wimped out...It isn't ANJRPC's fault, read the courts decision, it is a bunch of crapola justification. And folks bragging here about not donating to ANJRPC, probably pound their chest in the mirror about how they don't vote either, and are no better than this judge, IMHO of course :-).

Correct. 900,000 more registered democrats so they win every time.

7 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

I believe they have attorney's that are putting forth good arguments. It's that the judge simply wipes his ass with the Constitution. I hope this judges decision gets slapped down by a higher court!

By that point the 15 rounders will still be illegal and Im not buying any 10 round mags.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JimB1 said:

My answer is to go for larger calibers and revolvers. Every 45 1911 is under 10 round (except those weird double stacks that have too wide grips) most 10mm are 10 round or less. In revolvers you can’t beat 44 mag and 357. Then there are most pistols sold for carry are under 10 rounds. 

The way I see it they are forcing us to more powerful ammo and to bring into the state more pistols that can be hidden and carried in consealed in public easier. Law of unintended consequences  is going to bite them.

-Jim

Screw pistol; calibers My primary is now a 20 Ga Shockwave with 4 buck. That should get me to my MSR with 10  round mags.

Why did I use such a lethal weapon for home defense is for my lawyers to answer.

This ruling makes my lawyers job easy. 

5 minutes ago, brucin said:

I don't know why it triple posted sorry.

@brucin- I just deleted the extra iterations, but did you know that you can do that yourself (for your own posts)? At the bottom of your post there's the word "edit". Just click on that and it puts you back into edit mode so you can clean up any mistakes you made.

Thanks when I posted it kept going back to the post page when it usually jumps to the original thread. I thought about editing my original post but thought I might lose the whole thing. Gun shy imagine that.

Makes it very easy for the state to defend lawsuits when there are only 2 at time. Almost as is NJ 2A groups haven't even bothered to look at what California has done. The old guard needs to go. Wasn't Anthony locked out of running for NRA board? Those in power will not give up their power. If lawsuits are successful they would lose their little bit of power as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 9/29/2018 at 7:15 AM, Combat Auto said:

Yep, this judge wimped out...It isn't ANJRPC's fault, read the courts decision, it is a bunch of crapola justification. And folks bragging here about not donating to ANJRPC, probably pound their chest in the mirror about how they don't vote either, and are no better than this judge, IMHO of course :-).

Boy is that a mouthful!  And very true too! 

For all to digest: 

There are folks here that go outta their way to be very judgmental of whatever our state NRA affiliate (ANJRPC) does no matter what the facts really are.  They won't JOIN for $40 bucks per year, and they pitch a bitch w/o understanding how the game(s) work.  Some do it for spite & "I told ya so" bragging rights, others do it because they're the type that just ENJOY complaining about SOMETHING, and still others do it out of naive ignorance.  We have to learn to fight the real enemy instead of each other.  And if you think ANJRPC's Dan Schmutter & Scott Bach are stupid enough to release their entire game plan OUT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN just because you think it's a good idea, well, there's a bridge in Brooklyn that you ought to buy....

The mag ban decision is being appealed TOMORROW.  That's the next step in this game we're forced to play.  This wasn't a surprise and the papers were already filled-out before the denial's ink was dry.  If you showed-up to NJSAFECON (a whopping 10 Bucks if you registered in July!) you'd already KNOW this.

There's a reason I busted my ass (along with a LOT of other serious Patriots) collecting funds for the lawsuits & ran events like sporting clays, hog hunts & pheasant hunts for the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners that made a profit.  CNJFO donated $2500 of that profit and the membership & supporters donated the other THREE GRAND ($3K)!   We also pledged to help the Cheeseman-Jillard case, and stand ready in-the-wings to do so at their call.  So please consider joining us for our next planned event(s) as they're announced or buy a worthy friend or relative a spot to help fight this tyranny! 

Hoping everyone had a safe & enjoyable weekend!  

Let's stick TOGETHER!

Rosey

L-R: CNJFO Shows & Community Outreach Committee Chair William Korman, Anthony Colandro, NRA Board Member & ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach, CNJFO VP David Rosenthal, CNJFO Communications Director Theresa Marchitto Inacker. $5,500.00 check represents CNJFO's match of up to $2,500.00 pledge plus contributions from members & friends totaling another $3,000.00, all of which will be earmarked to fund lawsuits filed on our behalf by our state NRA affiliate.

Image may contain: 5 people, including William Korman, Anthony Colandro and David Rosenthal, people smiling

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Boy is that a mouthful!  And very true too! 

For all to digest: 

There are folks here that go outta their way to be very judgmental of whatever our state NRA affiliate (ANJRPC) does no matter what the facts really are.  They won't JOIN for $40 bucks per year, and they pitch a bitch w/o understanding how the game(s) work.  Some do it for spite & "I told ya so" bragging rights, others do it because they're the type that just ENJOY complaining about SOMETHING, and still others do it out of naive ignorance.  We have to learn to fight the real enemy instead of each other.  And if you think ANJRPC's Dan Schmutter & Scott Bach are stupid enough to release their entire game plan OUT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN just because you think it's a good idea, well, there's a bridge in Brooklyn that you ought to buy....

The mag ban decision is being appealed TOMORROW.  That's the next step in this game we're forced to play.  This wasn't a surprise and the papers were already filled-out before the denial's ink was dry.  If you showed-up to NJSAFECON (a whopping 10 Bucks if you registered in July!) you'd already KNOW this.

There's a reason I busted my ass (along with a LOT of other serious Patriots) collecting funds for the lawsuits & ran events like sporting clays, hog hunts & pheasant hunts for the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners that made a profit.  CNJFO donated $2500 of that profit and the membership & supporters donated the other THREE GRAND ($3K)!   We also pledged to help the Cheeseman-Jillard case, and stand ready in-the-wings to do so at their call.  So please consider joining us for our next planned event(s) as they're announced or buy a worthy friend or relative a spot to help fight this tyranny! 

Hoping everyone had a safe & enjoyable weekend!  

Let's stick TOGETHER!

Rosey

L-R: CNJFO Shows & Community Outreach Committee Chair William Korman, Anthony Colandro, NRA Board Member & ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach, CNJFO VP David Rosenthal, CNJFO Communications Director Theresa Marchitto Inacker. $5,500.00 check represents CNJFO's match of up to $2,500.00 pledge plus contributions from members & friends totaling another $3,000.00, all of which will be earmarked to fund lawsuits filed on our behalf by our state NRA affiliate.

Image may contain: 5 people, including William Korman, Anthony Colandro and David Rosenthal, people smiling

Werd 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Werd 

No, not "weird". I think he makes a fair point. There's too many armchair quarterbacks on these forums who sit back and criticize everything.

Personally? I figured this would be a long, drawn-out process. It's the nature of the state. Even the Republican judges in NJ don't mind going against SCOTUS precedents. Or, is THAT last point what you were referring to as "wierd"...? One-word posts are at times difficult to interpret!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

No, not "weird". I think he makes a fair point. There's too many armchair quarterbacks on these forums who sit back and criticize everything.

Personally? I figured this would be a long, drawn-out process. It's the nature of the state. Even the Republican judges in NJ don't mind going against SCOTUS precedents. Or, is THAT last point what you were referring to as "wierd"...? One-word posts are at times difficult to interpret!

No it’s actually werd

10 minutes ago, sota said:

werd. not weird. there's a difference.

Thank you, she’s not quite hip

• Like 2

9 hours ago, capt14k said:

Makes it very easy for the state to defend lawsuits when there are only 2 at time. Almost as is NJ 2A groups haven't even bothered to look at what California has done. The old guard needs to go. Wasn't Anthony locked out of running for NRA board? Those in power will not give up their power. If lawsuits are successful they would lose their little bit of power as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know there is irony that you’re both refusing to donate and also complaining about the lack of lawsuits, right?   Lawsuits cost money. They need donations to fund lawsuits. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2018 at 6:44 AM, siderman said:

No judge is going to defy the entire NJ legislature and governor and a state culture that has little if any interest in 2A rights.

This is the Money quote. I just read through the Opinion in the OP, and this line stood out:

...."New Jersey contends that because large capacity magazines do not fall within the Second Amendment's protections, the LCM law is lawful, and alternatively that the LCM law nevertheless reasonably fits to accomplish a significant governmental interest."

The "governmental interest" is to totally disarm us. This ruling is just one of the many steps, and based on the BS spewed in the ruling in the OP, I don't believe we will be successful in getting any injunction or the law overturned... They don't give a SHIT about the constitution!!!!!!

Are you pissed off enough yet?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

No it’s actually werd

Thank you, she’s not quite hip

She tries really hard & gets it about 99% of the time.  The Writer in her sees a missing "i", and the person you quoted (ME) gets the slang, lol.  

WERD!

:) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

She tries really hard & gets it about 99% of the time.  The Writer in her sees a missing "i", and the person you quoted (ME) gets the slang, lol.  

WERD!

We can only helper her Soo much.

jus sayen 

• Like 2

You know there is irony that you’re both refusing to donate and also complaining about the lack of lawsuits, right?   Lawsuits cost money. They need donations to fund lawsuits. 
Where did you get I didn't donate from?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

WERD!

We should give her some credit.  She’s lucky her AOL CD’s still work or she wouldn’t be online at all. 

• Like 3

WERD!

[emoji4] 

I see a wrong letter, meaning "being in agreement".

• Like 2