1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

Enfield 2-band'er, cal. .577, fires a 555 gr Minnie Ball that's gone through 3 men standing in front of each other.  Rate of fire is 3-4 well-aimed shots per minute.  This is a fine gun made of wood & steel.  A gun any American should be proud to have.  And you all should know how to operate it.  Feds don't even consider it a firearm.  Millions in circulation.  Go to PA & buy em' by the case.  Buy yer musket caps (high hats) there too.  If the SHTF don't come-a-runnin' to me to teach ya how to play w/ EXPLOSIVES as you already should KNOW.....

Jus sayen.......

Sounds cool. I want one. Whats a good one run at? One that wont blow up in my face, that is? 

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

That would easily be squashed by the courts.  They opposition knows that.  Where does one get a 5 Rd magazine for a 1911?  Or a Glock?

They do not care, not every firearm has a 10 round magazine available yet that passed so magazines are permenanty modified in a those cases ,  therefore they can just say magazines can be modified to 5 lol ......fairness and logic are not part of the process 

2 hours ago, pjd832 said:

They do not care, not every firearm has a 10 round magazine available yet that passed so magazines are permenanty modified in a those cases ,  therefore they can just say magazines can be modified to 5 lol ......fairness and logic are not part of the process 

I read somewhere that Cuomo wanted a 5 Rd limit in NY.  He was advised that because there are no commercially made 5 Rd magazines for most guns he would lose the whole thing.  Ergo their "rationale" behind coming up with 10 Rd magazines loaded with no more than 7.

11 hours ago, GRIZ said:

That would easily be squashed by the courts.  They opposition knows that.  Where does one get a 5 Rd magazine for a 1911?  Or a Glock?

That doesn't matter. They know they can ram it down our throats, the fudds still won't care (can't use more than 3, who needs 5?), and when the traitorous lower courts fuck us again, they know it'll be years before they get bitchslapped back to 10. In the meantime, they'll make sure that a few otherwise law abiding gun owners end up arrested and in jail for 7 years for "high capacity magazine posession", life ruined, and unable to own firearms again. The guy who breaks into a house and rapes someone is safe though, he gets a year and probation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I read somewhere that Cuomo wanted a 5 Rd limit in NY.  He was advised that because there are no commercially made 5 Rd magazines for most guns he would lose the whole thing.  Ergo their "rationale" behind coming up with 10 Rd magazines loaded with no more than 7.

That was struck down by the district court.

19 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Sounds cool. I want one. Whats a good one run at? One that wont blow up in my face, that is? 

Italian replicas are fully functional & can be had for a lot less than originals.  $800 or so gets you a brand new replica.  Used can be had for a LOT less.  You may also wish to check for Zouave .58's (think carbine).  A friend gave me one (Zouave) as a gift.  300 yard competitions with these are normal :)   Dixon Muzzleloading in Kempton, PA is a stocking dealer.  Tell them Dave Rosenthal sent you.  http://www.dixonmuzzleloading.com 

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Screw that! I will never resort to a black powder rifle!:mad: Defy!

HA!  I'm not sayin' give up the fight!  NO WAY, NO HOW!  I just merely stood-up for us old coots that still shoot the Holy Black.  Someone posted a pic saying, in effect, "NJ will be happy when all we have is black powder".  Then I identified the rifle in question.  THAT's ALL I DID, so apologies if I "TRIGGERED" you, lol!

Here's a peek into my head:

It is better to know HOW to use something, even if you don't own it, so IF the need ever manifests itself you'll KNOW instead of not knowing.  Analogy:  You're at the range and someone new to black powder is shooting close to your lane/port.  He/she does something that puts everyone at risk--like leaving a can of powder or a powder measure at the firing line were an errant spark from a discharge could mean trouble (an explosion on the firing line).  If you KNOW what NOT to do (even though you don't own a black powder firearm) you can chat with the shooter & schmooze the potential risk away w/o making a scene.  Maybe even make a new friend that lets you shoot his/her gun (so you have all the FUN & none of the MESS that black powder is known for)? 

Another analogy:  Shooter has a new-to-them M-1 Garand & isn't sure how to load a clip into the rifle OR how to load loose ammo into an en-bloc clip.  Gets the clip into the rifle W/O HELP but gets light hits on the primers & rifle no go BANG.  You chat him/her up and watch them load another clip, and when they do so the gun's Op Rod is operated slowly as the first round is chambered.  Like they're actuating a bolt gun.  Even if YOU don't own one, you've correctly diagnosed the trouble as operator error.  Not letting the Op Rod slam home means the extractor hasn't fully seated over the case, and the bolt face is a tiny bit away from the case when it's "in-battery".  The "fix" is to show the owner how to "slap that bitch so it behaves" and the extractor engages & jumps-over the rim of the .30-06 cartridge so the firing pin can do its' job.

Welcome to the world of being me, a Chief Range Safety Officer.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

• Like 5

On 10/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Smokin .50 said:

HA!  I'm not sayin' give up the fight!  NO WAY, NO HOW!  I just merely stood-up for us old coots that still shoot the Holy Black.  Someone posted a pic saying, in effect, "NJ will be happy when all we have is black powder".  Then I identified the rifle in question.  THAT's ALL I DID, so apologies if I "TRIGGERED" you, lol!

Here's a peek into my head:

It is better to know HOW to use something, even if you don't own it, so IF the need ever manifests itself you'll KNOW instead of not knowing.  Analogy:  You're at the range and someone new to black powder is shooting close to your lane/port.  He/she does something that puts everyone at risk--like leaving a can of powder or a powder measure at the firing line were an errant spark from a discharge could mean trouble (an explosion on the firing line).  If you KNOW what NOT to do (even though you don't own a black powder firearm) you can chat with the shooter & schmooze the potential risk away w/o making a scene.  Maybe even make a new friend that lets you shoot his/her gun (so you have all the FUN & none of the MESS that black powder is known for)? 

Another analogy:  Shooter has a new-to-them M-1 Garand & isn't sure how to load a clip into the rifle OR how to load loose ammo into an en-bloc clip.  Gets the clip into the rifle W/O HELP but gets light hits on the primers & rifle no go BANG.  You chat him/her up and watch them load another clip, and when they do so the gun's Op Rod is operated slowly as the first round is chambered.  Like they're actuating a bolt gun.  Even if YOU don't own one, you've correctly diagnosed the trouble as operator error.  Not letting the Op Rod slam home means the extractor hasn't fully seated over the case, and the bolt face is a tiny bit away from the case when it's "in-battery".  The "fix" is to show the owner how to "slap that bitch so it behaves" and the extractor engages & jumps-over the rim of the .30-06 cartridge so the firing pin can do its' job.

Welcome to the world of being me, a Chief Range Safety Officer.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Rosie, you made my day!  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M4BGRINGO said:

Rosie, you made my day!  :)

Glad to be of service Mike!  And FWIW, that's what the "Forward Assist" is for on an AR-15 or similar platform :)   It replaces the Op Rod that the Garand & M-1A both use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mossy500 said:

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/glock-19-magblock-10-15-9mm.html

Wanted to find out if anybody else has tried this product? I bought one, and I could only load 9 after blocking a 15-rd mag.

I have some i just picked up, will try it on my glock mags and report. Will be pissed if all my 15s become 9s. The block may need to be shaved down a bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

I have some i just picked up, will try it on my glock mags and report. Will be pissed if all my 15s become 9s. The block may need to be shaved down a bit.

yeah man - brings it down to 9. if it's different for you, let us know.

3 hours ago, Mossy500 said:

180 days from when it passed, so Dec 10 2018.

Expect longer lines at the post office on Dec 9...

If we tell the clerk the box contains only magazines, will it qualify to ship at the cheaper book rate?

• Like 6

On 10/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, Mossy500 said:

yeah man - brings it down to 9. if it's different for you, let us know.

On 10/8/2018 at 0:34 AM, Lambo2936 said:

Hey Lambo - did you get around to attaching the magblock? How did it go?

1 hour ago, Mossy500 said:

Hey Lambo - did you get around to attaching the magblock? How did it go?

Haha perfect timing. I did all of mine last night/today.
The H&K VP9 ones turned my mags into 8rd mags. I Had to shave them down 1/4"+ just to fit 10 rounds with a bit of slack so that the mags actually fit. Even then, they go in but not as easily as they used to. Had to use a belt sander to shave down the block and the little retaining piece of plastic that holds the bottom plate on.

Had the same issue with pretty much all of the other blocks (Sig P226 required i cut the loop on the spring that holds the base plate). The glock one also had to be sanded down a bit but nowhere near as much as the VP9 ones.
What should have taken an hour or two at most took like 6 hours of taking apart mags, sanding down plastic components and then putting the mag back together until it comfortably fit 10 rds while making sure it wont fit 11..
Unfortunately it doesnt seem like there is an alternative but if there is, id suggest anyone reading this go that route. The ones from magblocks.com kinda sucked.... 

I bought 3 magblocks for my Beretta 92 15 rnd mags when all this crap started just to see how they worked. I put 2 in the factory mags and one in a Mec-Gar mag I had. I believe they're disclaimer on the site now say you may need the universal limiter kit was because of my findings. CS there said they must have cut their 10/15 limiter for the 92 short because I got 11 rounds in my factory mags and 12 in the Mec-Gar even though the count index on the limiter said 10.. They were nice about it and sent me 3 replacement universal magblocks which I cut long and trimmed to fit 10 rnds. Sounds like Lambo had a similar problem. I wouldn't order the precut blocks again.

• Like 1

problem is what happens if one gets round checked? our range has half of pine hill pd as members, plus retired cops, plus some of Gloucester twp pd...…...
New range. Refuse to allow them to check your mags without a warrant.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

oh I don't. I had a retired leo ask me what I did about the limit as I was firing my tavor. I told him I opened em up and re-limited em to 10. he asked me how I opened em. I told him i'm a mechanic...there's no such thing as permanent to me. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

our range has half of pine hill pd as members, plus retired cops, plus some of Gloucester twp pd...…...

On duty or off duty?

48 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Refuse to allow them to check your mags without a warrant.

Go one step further, check theirs to make sure they are only 15s, and not 17s or 19s.

• Like 3