8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

NJS 40A:14-152.1 gives all NJ police officers police powers throughout the state.  So yes they are police 24/7/365.

Most federal leos have police powers in most state crimes in NJ.  What police powers states grant federal leos is really immaterial.  Federal leos at times make arrests that the US Attorney's Office decline prosecution.  These cases are usually prosecuted under state law.  Never saw any problems with this.

thanks man. 

so I was right. leo, although in wording is limited the same as the rest of us....in reality are not limited the same as the rest of us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluedog46 said:

I thought democrats thought we were all equal. Seems they think a law enforcement officer, off duty in their homes family's life is worth more than m y family? 

We tried twice ( 1800s, 1960s) to warn our northern brothers and sisters what would happen. Most would not listen. 

What are you trying to say?

I thought democrats thought we were all equal. Seems they think a law enforcement officer, off duty in their homes family's life is worth more than m y family? 

We tried twice ( 1800s, 1960s) to warn our northern brothers and sisters what would happen. Most would not listen. 

That's exactly what they believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, bluedog46 said:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
George Orwell, Animal Farm
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 7:15 AM, Combat Auto said:

Yep, this judge wimped out...It isn't ANJRPC's fault, read the courts decision, it is a bunch of crapola justification. And folks bragging here about not donating to ANJRPC, probably pound their chest in the mirror about how they don't vote either, and are no better than this judge, IMHO of course :-).

I have an issue with a lack of aggression and action on part of ANJRPC and NJ2AS.  Primarily on the basis that so much of what the state enacts either inconveniences, or could turn normal people who would be doing normal things in 47 or so of the rest of the states, into felons over minutiae.  There’s a level of protection against that, which even if not resulting in CCW or other doctrine, should be blatantly critical.  

I don’t know how many didn’t vote or didn’t donate.  Some data analysis may shed some light into notional scenarios at least. But some better game plans and definition of how much of a war chest is needed might help. Clear and definite communication.  Overwhelming cases.  

• Like 1

FWIW, I just spent $350 on some 10 round mags to prevent most of my guns from being turned into either clubs or paperweights in a few weeks.  I still need quite a few more, but at least I've taken care of some of them.  Going to box up all my so called "LCM's" and store them out of state until I can get out of here.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

FWIW, I just spent $350 on some 10 round mags to prevent most of my guns from being turned into either clubs or paperweights in a few weeks.  I still need quite a few more, but at least I've taken care of some of them.  Going to box up all my so called "LCM's" and store them out of state until I can get out of here.  

I know the feeling - made me sick to my stomach having to do the same.

Plus for me - considering that Beretta's 10 round mags cost more to begin with than their 15 rounders was doubly insulting...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Screw that! If it's a burden for someone to get a voter ID card It's more of a burden for me to spend that kind of money replacing my mags which I don't have. But then again the worthless organizations that challenge these laws don't point out those facts.

• Like 1

With the December 10th deadline quickly approaching, those of us that have been watching the legal aspects (e.g. injunction request, etc.) from the sidelines will soon be forced to act.  One option, I researched this morning was to store my >10 rnd mags at Gunsitters in Whippany.  I am a past customer of theirs, having stored all my firearms there while on vacation last year, and had a good experience with them.

I spoke with Eric at Gunsitters this morning specifically about their new magazine storage service.  For those of you who are Gun4Hire podcast listeners, Eric and Gunsitters should be very familiar to you.    In short, for $1.25 per mag per month they will legally store your magazines.  The process is to purchase the magazine storage via their website and they will email you instructions on how to box and mail your mags to them.  Upon receipt, they will check to make sure the mags are unloaded, verify the count, and store the box you sent them in their secure facility.

Lacking any relief from the courts; after December 10th you would have several options.  You could continue to store them there as-is long term,  have them modified to be compliant, or shipped to their PA facility where you could retrieve them and bring them to your new PA/TN/SC home(wishful thinking on my part). 

$1.25 a month per mag is just nuts unless you're leaving the state fairly soon. I'm sending mine to my sister in Fla. If I couldn't do that I'd take a hammer to them and throw them in the lake down the street or send them to murphy and let him do something with them. (with no return address) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BobA said:

Or get a safety deposit box at your bank. 

This was one of the other options that came to mind.  Getting a safe deposit box over the border in Pa.  Anyone do so or have any suggestions? It has been many years since I last had one here.

Or, another option, everyone can grow a pair and stand up for your legal rights:

Ex post facto law

An ex post facto law (corrupted from Latin: ex postfacto, lit. 'out of the aftermath') is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law. In criminal law, it may criminalize actions that were legal when committed;

Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the United States Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 (with respect to federal laws) and Article 1, Section 10 (with respect to state laws).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law

• Like 1

Or, another option, everyone can grow a pair and stand up for your legal rights:

Ex post facto law

An ex post facto law (corrupted from Latin: ex postfacto, lit. 'out of the aftermath') is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law. In criminal law, it may criminalize actions that were legal when committed;

Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the United States Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 (with respect to federal laws) and Article 1, Section 10 (with respect to state laws).

And you don't understand the basic premise of ex post facto. What it means is changing a law then charging you for your past actions that were legal before the law was changed. Changing the law and charging you for your actions after the law was changed does not violate the premise of ex post facto.

Ex Mag limit was 15 rounds and you had 15 round mags. No legal violation. They change the law to 10 round mags. They can not charge you for your previous possession of 15 round mags. They can however charge you for continuing to possess the 15 round mags after the law was changed. Not ex post facto.

Even easier you bought extascy or GHB when it was legal. You get caught with it today. You can't claim ex post facto.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

A lot of you are advising illegal activity. Don’t do that

Nothing wrong with tossing them in the lake...Unless it could be considered littering or polluting somehow. A safe deposit box could be considered that you still have control of them. I wouldn't suggest doing that.

3 hours ago, BobA said:

Get a box here. It’s really, really, really unlikely anyone will get a warrant for that. Most banks, if you have an account are free. Otherwise it’s about 12.00 a year. 

$12?  TD charged us $75/yr for not a very big one, and we keep a decent balance. 

Where so you bank?

22 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

Nothing wrong with tossing them in the lake...Unless it could be considered littering or polluting somehow. A safe deposit box could be considered that you still have control of them. I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Sometimes people get scared or nervous. Perhaps excited delirium. And they then feel the intronet is a safe space.

ya, litering is way bad bro. 

3 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Ex post facto law

seems to not do very well at stopping them. 

6 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

One option, I researched this morning was to store my >10 rnd mags at Gunsitters in Whippany. 

The process is to purchase the magazine storage via their website and they will email you instructions on how to box and mail your mags to them. 

Lacking any relief from the courts; after December 10th you would have several options.  You could continue to store them there as-is long term,

So, how will that actually be legal?

1) According to Nappen, you can't "transport" them since June, so are they having the package picked up at your house, because according to some here, as soon as you leave your house with them, you're a felon?

2) If they are being stored in Whippany under your name, doesn't that still count as "possession" in the state? How can they store them in their possession legally? Are THEY exempt from the law?

3) Whenever you want to retrieve your mags after Dec. 10th, don't you become an instant felon if you pick them up or have them shipped back to you in the state?

5 hours ago, BobA said:

Get a box here. It’s really, really, really unlikely anyone will get a warrant for that.

But, how are you going to transport them legally back and forth?