You never know with today's SCOTUS how these decisions will be made. 

If I were a liberal on the third... I would establish grandfathering and then allow the law the stand. 

Otherwise, the entire thing is headed to SCOTUS and if accepted will be shot down. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluedog46 said:

Just so i get this. Mag capacity was 15 or 20 rounds before this? And now they lowered it to 10? Is it supposed to be like NY where you are supposed to sell the higher cap ones out of state or get rid of them or is there an exception? 

It was 15. Now 10. 

Only exception is if you’re law enforcement or you want to be a felon. 

Wait, first we have to bend over, and now we have to do oral? As far as the 9th's decision is concerned, remember Murphy said NJ would out California California. The magblocks I ordered are coming tomorrow, but being optimistic, I ordered some new springs too in case I can reconvert the conversion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluedog46 said:

I know i am preaching to the chior, but honestly. Do they really think that will make the state safer? Are they that damn stupid? 

No, they're not. They're committed to their idea that by pretending to know how to prevent 'gun violence' through the application of an ever tightening straight jacket on the legal gun owner, they can accomplish their goal of gun confiscation. They hate the idea of an armed citizenry.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Update:

They are requesting to "re-do" the oral arguments due to a record error? 

From the Email Today:

anjrpc_header-2-revised-b.jpg

U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE THIRD CIRCUIT
WANTS DO-OVER ARGUMENT ON MAG BAN APPEAL

November 15, 2018. Even though counsel for both sides thoroughly argued the magazine ban appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit yesterday, in a highly unusual event the Court contacted counsel late yesterday and requested re-argument of the exact same appeal on Tuesday, November 20 at 10 AM in Philadelphia. There was apparently a problem with the official recording of yesterday's oral argument, and a new hearing is needed so it can be properly recorded.

Gun owners are invited to attend the do-over oral argument before the Third Circuit. The address is: James A. Byrne United States Courthouse, 601 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.

Anybody going to the hearing to hear what the attorneys will be saying???

Cap, not sure how your post relates to the gun mag ban.  Did you intend to post it in the Cheeseman thread?  There is a recent update there from him.

17 hours ago, capt14k said:

So Cheeseman hired a new lawyer. Were they representing themselves originally? Where is the one other lawsuit at? When are all the other ones being filed? After the new AWB is passed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

regards

The reality is we're sunk on the magazine thing, like everything else in NJ. The supreme courts hasn't taken a 2A case in years and probably won't start unless Ginsberg dies and Trump puts 1 more solid 2A guy on the courts. And with the news outlets reporting every crime involving a gun like it's something that's never happened before public option is against us and getting worse. (not that it's been good in this state since the 60's)

On the gunforhire podcast #390 from this week, Scott Bach suggested, perhaps too optimistically, that a court decision might come as soon as Thanksgiving. Not.   So the countdown to Dec 10th continues.  16 days and counting.  With each passing day more and more of lawful citizens will morph into felons come Dec 10th.    Disgusting state of affairs.

Guys and gals, we live in NJ, Murphy and his crew will not be denied. I picked up some magblocks for the CZ75, the only 14 rounders I own. Matter of fact, my first handgun purchase just over five years ago was my 96A1 in 10 rounds because my gut feeling was we were going to end up where we are now. Does anyone truly believe judges are impartial (except maybe Chief Justice Roberts)?

12 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

With each passing day more and more of lawful citizens will morph into felons come Dec 10th.    Disgusting state of affairs.

55 minutes ago, bennj said:

Guys and gals, we live in NJ, Murphy and his crew will not be denied.

Yep, and sadly the gun owners just continue to bend over and take it. Murphy and crew will push this all the way back to muskets, without a single peep from the masses.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:03 PM, oldguysrule649 said:

Cap, not sure how your post relates to the gun mag ban.  Did you intend to post it in the Cheeseman thread?  There is a recent update there from him.

regards

what cheesman thread