On 11/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, oldguysrule649 said:

On the gunforhire podcast #390 from this week, Scott Bach suggested, perhaps too optimistically, that a court decision might come as soon as Thanksgiving. Not.   So the countdown to Dec 10th continues.  16 days and counting.  With each passing day more and more of lawful citizens will morph into felons come Dec 10th.    Disgusting state of affairs.

This is an easy one. The decision will be released late on Friday, December 7th. This way everyone will have forgot about it by Monday morning. Typical judiciary hoopla.

22 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

This is an easy one. The decision will be released late on Friday, December 7th. This way everyone will have forgot about it by Monday morning. Typical judiciary hoopla.

I might need to stop at a range to use them all one last time on my way to PA.

54 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Serious thought.  If that work out that way, it creates an impractical amount of time for law abiding citizens to react. 

What recourse do the citizens at large have against such irresponsible behaviors?  

Technology issues causing a redo is a very weak argument.  They need a sense of urgency and held to a standard. 

Similarly, not that representation cares, but given the time this has taken, how about petitioning/demanding the legislature defers enaction?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

Serious thought.  If that work out that way, it creates an impractical amount of time for law abiding citizens to react. 

What recourse do the citizens at large have against such irresponsible behaviors?  

Technology issues causing a redo is a very weak argument.  They need a sense of urgency and held to a standard. 

Similarly, not that representation cares, but given the time this has taken, how about petitioning/demanding the legislature defers enaction?

They have given us time.... argument 

17 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

You were given 180 days as per the legislation. Court challenges do not effect the  legislation timeline, unless of course you win. Which isn't going to happen, hence the reason for the last minute decision release - no time to appeal or apply for an emergency injunction. 

You were given 180 days as per the legislation. Court challenges do not effect the  legislation timeline, unless of course you win. Which isn't going to happen, hence the reason for the last minute decision release - no time to appeal or apply for an emergency injunction. 

Or who gives a damn about their Unconstitutional Laws.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

Cmon....if you weren't planning the last five yrs for this you've lost touch with what NJ has become over the yrs. NJ license plates will no longer have Garden State but will soon be issuing Nanny State plates.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

This was my thinking as well.  Hence, all my >10 round magazines are now all vacationing in Pa.  As a matter of principle, I am not modifying, destroying, turning in, ....  anything ever.  The more of my property they force me to exile, the greater my resentment, and in turn, desire to purchase a home elsewhere.

I got all my standard capacity and 15 round AR mags all boxed up, ready to ship to FL. If nothing happens by next week, off they go for an extended vacation in the sunshine state until I move out of this hell hole.

4 hours ago, JHZR2 said:

What recourse do the citizen at large have for getting a unconstitutional law signed in June and shoved up our asses?

Want recourse? Are the 1 million gun owners in the state willing to march and protest on Trenton waving 15 rounds mags in the air, demanding repeal and recourse??

Didn't think so.

• Like 2

YAKNOW? although i'm not willing to give up my business.......it takes me 30-45 minutes to drive the 8 miles to work. i can drive from de to work in that time i think. might be time to look.

we're not gonna win here. the system's rigged against us. while we're outnumbered, our groups refuse to work together. the fudds(for the most part) don't give a shit about us, 'cause the shit that affects us doesn't affect them(in their perception). we keep doing the same stupid shit over and over, expecting different results.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

The fudds are next...i cant wait.....   

The Fudds are now. They’re just too dense to know it. No F2F sales, the looming clamp down on ammo sales. And the cancelled bear hunt wasn’t pro-Bear it was anti-gun. He stopped just short and in the interview about it saying he wants to cancel all hunting. No, their time is now too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m not going to comply. I don’t care who knows it.  If anyone has questions they can face me like a man. My address is 354 Stockton Street in Princeton.  

Quite a spread you have there. Maybe we can shoot some clays there sometime. 

• Like 2

This whole thing brings in my mind the image of sheep led to slaughter house by a pig.They go behehe and complain a bit but keep following the herd.

The problem is there are no real leaders to help your cause.There are guys like Alexander who says" there will be repercussions"

but nothing really changes.

The state needs a real challenge and only NRA can do it. Get yourself a leader who will deal with NRA as a group and tell the association there won't be any payed dues unless there is a fight. Get ALL the NJ gun law supporters and show NRA you mean business. If they will be convinced there is enough support for gun rights in NJ they will fight for you.

Bitching here won't help your cause.   

• Like 6

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

The fudds are next...i cant wait.....   

nonono you're wrong. they don't shoot evil black scary looking gunz. they're safe. 

if the bear hunt bullshit wasn't a wakeup call to them....then they're truly asleep

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Goldwing said:

Bitching here won't help your cause.   

That's what surprises me. There are quoted 1 million gun owner in the state (which actually sounds high to me), but even if it's half of that, and many are Fudds, how many are actually members here on the forum. Maybe Max can tell us the average numbers of posters on any given month. Maybe a few dozen???

This is a NJ based gun forum. Where are these thousands of gun owners fighting for their rights??

Crickets....

That tells me that probably 90% of gun owners in the state either don't care or have their heads in the sand. The few dozen that pop in here have no leverage in the state. Even over at Reddit at NJGuns, there aren't a lot of participants. Unless someone or some group gets their act together and rally the troops, like Mothers Demand Action can in their red t-shirts, this state is a lost cause.

To me it looks like the 2A groups in the state play "can you top this" instead of pooling all their resources and working together for a common cause. This dilutes all efforts...

It's really a sad state of affairs...

logistics question for those in the know. this mag ban will be overturned. i don't want to debate so just assume this is the case for the sake of the argument. i assume then that the state will then appeal to the full 3rd circuit, which i imagine will take months. in the meantime, and it's the "in the meantime" i'm worried about, the idiots in trenton will no doubt try to introduce new legislation to fix the many issues this bill has. my question is, what is the timeline for that? when is the next legislative session and how long can one expect before a new ban is passed? 3 months? 6 months?

i'm figuring once the ban is overturned it will take a week or so for the retailers to greenlight the shipping of mags and pistols with 15rd mags to nj again. if i put in for my permits by mid december, and it takes 30-40 days to process, i'd assume i have a good 1-2 months to buy this stuff, no?

18 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

That's what surprises me. There are quoted 1 million gun owner in the state (which actually sounds high to me), but even if it's half of that, and many are Fudds, how many are actually members here on the forum. Maybe Max can tell us the average numbers of posters on any given month. Maybe a few dozen???

This is a NJ based gun forum. Where are these thousands of gun owners fighting for their rights??

Crickets....

That tells me that probably 90% of gun owners in the state either don't care or have their heads in the sand. The few dozen that pop in here have no leverage in the state. Even over at Reddit at NJGuns, there aren't a lot of participants. Unless someone or some group gets their act together and rally the troops, like Mothers Demand Action can in their red t-shirts, this state is a lost cause.

To me it looks like the 2A groups in the state play "can you top this" instead of pooling all their resources and working together for a common cause. This dilutes all efforts...

It's really a sad state of affairs...

By last accounts the number of gun owners in NJ was actually closer to 1.25 or 1.5 million.  Granted the vast majority of those are likely folks who bought or inhereted a gun and are not active shooters.

Active shooters and i.e. folks who would make up forum members?  I would say 250k.

As far as here, we have about 9k registered members.

Of those... (based on google analytics data), we have about 1200 users who visit the site daily, and about 40k users who visit the forum at least once a month. (Keep in mind, we do have a regional reach and the forum attracts a good amount of traffic from the broader United States for research articles, etc... but yeah, about 40k users visited the forum "regularly".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BobA said:

The Fudds are now. They’re just too dense to know it. No F2F sales, the looming clamp down on ammo sales. And the cancelled bear hunt wasn’t pro-Bear it was anti-gun. He stopped just short and in the interview about it saying he wants to cancel all hunting. No, their time is now too. 

15 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

nonono you're wrong. they don't shoot evil black scary looking gunz. they're safe. 

if the bear hunt bullshit wasn't a wakeup call to them....then they're truly asleep

Most hunters that I know share an enjoyment of shooting and guns in general. Thinking that because they don't shoot "black" rifles and hi-cap handguns, they are dense and deserve to be punished is both inaccurate and really does nothing but empower the opposition.

I don't really understand the animus towards hunters by some on this forum.

FYI - the hunting community is also under constant attack by both the state and very well funded anti-hunting groups like PETA and HSUS. Bear hunt bans, new hunting and trapping restrictions, dealing with activists in the woods, etc., is nothing new to most "Fudds".

• Like 1

Actually, I have found there is some animus on both sides. 

Many of who you term "Fudds" blame the AR, AK, and "black" rifle shooting contingent for focusing libtard attention on firearms in general.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Many of who you term "Fudds" blame the AR, AK, and "black" rifle shooting contingent for focusing libtard attention on firearms in general.   

Well they're entitled to be morons. It's just further proof they want to stick their heads in the sand. If they can't acknowledge that black rifles are a hot issue because of liberal nonsense, then they continue to be part of the problem. 

• Like 2

...and congratulations.  You just fell into the libtard "divide and conquer" trap.  Your response is exactly what they want; all part of the Democrat "class warfare" stock in trade. 

Ben Franklin was right.  "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we will all hang separately."

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Having been a member of many hunting forums almost since their inception, I have yet to see posts that cheer for anti-gun legislation. As a matter of fact, just quickly perusing several NJ hunting forums, there is a clear opposition to anything anti-gun; from state laws to boycotting anti-gun companies.

What I'm saying, there should not be a "us vs them"  mentality, since you'll find that many folks are both.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RichP said:

Having been a member of many hunting forums almost since their inception, I have yet to see posts that cheer for anti-gun legislation. As a matter of fact, just quickly perusing several NJ hunting forums, there is a clear opposition to anything anti-gun; from state laws to boycotting anti-gun companies.

What I'm saying, there should not be a "us vs them"  mentality, since you'll find that many folks are both.

Divide and conquer.. and the brainless on both sides fall for it time and time again.

” The enemy of my enemy is my friend “

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Divide and conquer.. and the brainless on both sides fall for it time and time again.

Exactly... besides, there's more important things to discuss here on the forum than unconstitutional laws.... like meatloaf!

• Like 1