Sign in to follow this  
capt14k

Having Antique Long Gun Shipped Direct

PPU makes ammo for both of those calibers, so they are not "obsolete".
Though only occasionally and not made in the United States. They haven't made a batch of Lebel ammo for almost 2 years. I would say that isn't commercially available. The 9.3 Mauser I am not as familiar with but what about the older yet 11mm Mauser?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have 8mm Lebel in stock and got it late last year or earlier this year.

We can't get judges to strike down clearly unconstitutional laws in this state, no one wants to take a chance with how these judges will interpret "commercially available". IMO, 11mm and the like are not commercially available, but this state has a long history of interpreting gun laws to fit their leftist agenda.

• Like 1

I have 8mm Lebel in stock and got it late last year or earlier this year.

We can't get judges to strike down clearly unconstitutional laws in this state, no one wants to take a chance with how these judges will interpret "commercially available". IMO, 11mm and the like are not commercially available, but this state has a long history of interpreting gun laws to fit their leftist agenda.
I couldnt find any anywhere last year. I looked beginning of summer and couldn't find any either. Sold my Lebels but may have bought a 1890 made in 1892 Carbine. I guess the question is has commercially available ever been defined? Being there is only one foreign manufacturer that only runs periodic batches that should make it not commercially available. 1871 Mauser I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Also bought a very rare Enfield No5 MkII grenade trials all matching one of a hundred made.

7 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I couldnt find any anywhere last year. I looked beginning of summer and couldn't find any either. Sold my Lebels but may have bought a 1890 made in 1892 Carbine. I guess the question is has commercially available ever been defined? Being there is only one foreign manufacturer that only runs periodic batches that should make it not commercially available. 1871 Mauser I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Also bought a very rare Enfield No5 MkII grenade trials all matching one of a hundred made.

I don't think it's been defined - another fine example of NJ's vague gun lawns........

You would think that would default to the Federal level... which the ATF did put out a list of calibers that were labeled as Curios and Relics.

If that were the case...

1f2578cdf57bd0973c7c82f821209a49.png

Well there we go. That is good enough for me. Feds say it is obsolete ammo so it is. 

Edit Dammit they have 7.62x54r on the list which clearly is commercially available. Same for some other calibers on the list.

Well there we go. That is good enough for me. Feds say it is obsolete ammo so it is.  
Edit Dammit they have 7.62x54r on the list which clearly is commercially available. Same for some other calibers on the list.

Even still, how much does NJ give a s*** about what the Federal government says?

-Blackpowder guns are still considered a firearm.
-Airguns are still considered a firearm.
-FFL-03s are a FFL that can have firearms shipped to their home.

That is in the brown book that comes with the FFL-03 packet. Lot of fun stuff in there... like Automag pistols being C&R. Each day is one closer to me being able to use it as it should.

Well my dilemma was solved. I didn't win the one lot and the auction house screwed up on the other. Well they didn't exactly screw up. Seems a certain 450lb dealer from Virginia removed the absentee tags on lots. This way his obeseness would have less competition buying on Sunday.