Mrs. Peel

Sales Tax on Internet Sales...?

36 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Just noticed that Sportsmans Guide is adding tax for things like ammo and parts, f.ck them no more Sportsmens Guide for me...

So in order to keep your business, you want them to flout the law. :blink:

On 10/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, Downtownv said:

Just released this morning: (Notice Gov Bucky Beaver's smile as he passes on MORE Taxes!)

NJ Gov. Phil Murphy Signs 12 Bills Into Law, Including A New Tax

NJ Gov. Phil Murphy Signs 12 Bills Into Law, Including A New Tax

The tax legislation, sponsored by Assemblymen John Burzichelli and Paul Moriarty, is intended to ensure a "level playing field" between brick-and-mortar businesses and online marketplace providers like Amazon. The lawmakers say it will also bring in needed revenue to the state.

In fifteen to twenty years, all but the largest brick and mortar stores will be gone.  All but the largest malls in NJ will be gone (think Woodbridge Center) will be gone.

We don't have a "needed revenue" problem in NJ, we have a spending problem.....on things we shouldn't be spending anything on.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, revenger said:

Another question came up with my wife during this discussion,   what about if the sale took place in one of NJ's (UEZ) urban enterprise zone's with a 3 % sales tax.     will the state adjust for that?

I have no idea how they are going to implement and collect on this. Scotus got this one wrong 

1 hour ago, dilbert1967 said:

In fifteen to twenty years, all but the largest brick and mortar stores will be gone.  All but the largest malls in NJ will be gone (think Woodbridge Center) will be gone.

We don't have a "needed revenue" problem in NJ, we have a spending problem.....on things we shouldn't be spending anything on.

I don't remember who said this "Before voting on a bill of legislation, I ask, is this the responsibility of governemt to provide"

THIS is what the asswholes in trenton (It dosn't deserve a capital "T") would NEVER ask, to be their voting decision....

20 hours ago, Darrenf said:

So in order to keep your business, you want them to flout the law. :blink:

In order for them to keep me as a customer they shouldn’t jump ahead of train to implement these stupid out of state lows, other stores still didn’t yet for example. 

2 hours ago, leo-польд said:

In order for them to keep me as a customer they shouldn’t jump ahead of train to implement these stupid out of state lows, other stores still didn’t yet for example. 

They didnt .. the law took effect on November 1st.  If they are doing $100k or more of business in NJ they need to start charging sales tax. It sucks yes.... but legally you should have been claiming the tax not paid on out of state purchases each year on your tax returns anyway.   It was inevitable .. we enjoyed it while it lasted. Your other option is to find some retailer that is smaller .. they might not be at the 100k threshold and you can get away without paying the tax... but then dont forget to claim it on your next years tax returns lol *wink*