Mrs. Peel

NJ AG weighs in on Hawaii Case

18 posts in this topic

Here's my perspective on US (the 2A community) vs. THEM (the gun control types):

US: We're fiercely independent. And so, we squabble. We argue about the 2A. We argue about the 1A. We argue about whose guns (ammo, holster, etc.) are better. We complain about the various 2A orgs. We complain they don't file enough lawsuits. When they file, we complain it's too slow, too little, too late. We refuse to give enough money to fund the lawsuits that we say we want. We don't pony up with enough volunteer hours. We get snarky when they ask for our time or money. We're impatient for results. We insult and tick off the people doing the heavy lifting. We're playing a short game. 

THEM: They work together. They demonstrate a lemming-like level of cooperation. They put "mission first", all else second. They shut down or expel doubters. They happily peddle in false studies and misinformation if it moves them towards the goalpost. They keep a "big picture" view. They are relentless. They recruit the young aggressively. They exploit crime victims shamelessly. They band together even when it's not their fight. They're playing a long game.

Case in point... with the MESS that our state is in financially and every other way, our governor took the time to direct his attorney general to file a "friend of the court" brief re: that carry case in Hawaii. Just think about that for a minute, pls! Our state is going broke, we have a state pension system that is unsustainable, the highest taxes in the nation, the most congestion, a crumbling, inadequate infrastructure... and yet, the long arm of OUR attorney general (paid for by OUR tax dollars) is being used to manipulate a case happening in a state nearly 5,000 miles away. As a taxpayer, if that doesn't tick you off... then I have no words. Don't kid yourself, THIS is why they're making progress!

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/10/02/anti-gun-states-gun-grabber-groups-band-together-fight-pro-gun-decision/

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What  happens if a state continues to go further into debt? Where does it end?

 

 

Nothing happens. There is no end. They can spend, spend, and spend. The citizens keep paying, paying, and paying.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have financial backing that we don't. Many Groups won't take money from the Koch Brothers. Stupid if you ask me. They are funded by Soros and Bloomberg. That is the answer right there.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow the money..... those groups you mentioned are well-funded by liberal socialists who want reshape our form of government. We do not have the big-money backers like they do. With money comes the time to protest; the time to march, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs. Peel nailed it!

I have believed exactly this for a long, long time.

Those who value independence, personal responsibility, liberty, and freedom are independent thinkers.  We're so independent that we can't even work together.

Those who fear independence, personal responsibility, liberty, and freedom are looking for someone to tell them what to think, what  to do, and how to feel. 

It's easy to organize and lead those on the left.  It's impossible to organize and lead those on the right.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 4:00 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Here's my perspective on US (the 2A community) vs. THEM (the gun control types):

US: We're fiercely independent. And so, we squabble. We argue about the 2A. We argue about the 1A. We argue about whose guns (ammo, holster, etc.) are better. We complain about the various 2A orgs. We complain they don't file enough lawsuits. When they file, we complain it's too slow, too little, too late. We refuse to give enough money to fund the lawsuits that we say we want. We don't pony up with enough volunteer hours. We get snarky when they ask for our time or money. We're impatient for results. We insult and tick off the people doing the heavy lifting. We're playing a short game. 

THEM: They work together. They demonstrate a lemming-like level of cooperation. They put "mission first", all else second. They shut down or expel doubters. They happily peddle in false studies and misinformation if it moves them towards the goalpost. They keep a "big picture" view. They are relentless. They recruit the young aggressively. They exploit crime victims shamelessly. They band together even when it's not their fight. They're playing a long game.

Case in point... with the MESS that our state is in financially and every other way, our governor took the time to direct his attorney general to file a "friend of the court" brief re: that carry case in Hawaii. Just think about that for a minute, pls! Our state is going broke, we have a state pension system that is unsustainable, the highest taxes in the nation, the most congestion, a crumbling, inadequate infrastructure... and yet, the long arm of OUR attorney general (paid for by OUR tax dollars) is being used to manipulate a case happening in a state nearly 5,000 miles away. As a taxpayer, if that doesn't tick you off... then I have no words. Don't kid yourself, THIS is why they're making progress!

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/10/02/anti-gun-states-gun-grabber-groups-band-together-fight-pro-gun-decision/

Peel you're more stimulating than a cattle prod!  Interesting how (almost) everybody is answering the dollars part of your (welcomed by at least ME) diatribe but not the doughnuts part  :)   The opinionated keyboard commando always has the best answer, the ONLY answer that will solve whatever problem is being ban-tied about.  Too slow, too little, too late is still better than whatever they've personally done (which is nuthin' or next to it in most cases).  The "Us"-ers need to learn to work TOGETHER for a common good instead of stepping on their own schlongs (oh do they really think they're THAT long?)!

Our side starts-out every day at an extreme disadvantage.  We trot-in to the field of battle wearing our blaze orange and get picked-off one at a time by snipers.  We fight "fair" instead of "dirty", and we even argue about what "fair" IS.....and it's got to STOP!

Keep beating them over their heads until they squeal.  We need to vote this mid-term!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Interesting how (almost) everybody is answering the dollars part of your (welcomed by at least ME) diatribe but not the doughnuts part 

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I just figured no one likes my occasional diatribes! ;) And though I do agree with the comments that the other side is better-funded, I think we should be viewing that more as a challenge to be overcome, not an excuse for why our side can't get better organized or more scrappy or whatever. (It's like military logistics - if your enemy has the advantage of size, that means you can probably be quicker... if they have more money, you can follow the money and show that they're "bought", etc. There's always a way to gain advantage) 

For instance, my main concern is everyone throwing their arms up in the air here in NJ because "we're outnumbered" by anti-gun types. So what? Get more numbers! We shouldn't be banking on SCOTUS to "save us" in NJ. Hell, I'd love if they did... but I've already read articles where the Democrats are talking about impeaching Kavanaugh if they win the house... or CHANGING the number of SCOTUS judges when they next win the presidency (that can be done by the way). So, though I think SCOTUS is VERY important, I would put all my eggs in that basket.

So, as my thinking as shaped over the last couple of years, I've become convinced that "concurrent with" voting, supporting 2A candidates, supporting lawsuits, etc. - every single one of us should be introducing EVERYONE we know to the shooting sports. Even if they never get an FID or take up shooting... if they simply had a nice time, met nice people, heard a logical point of view, etc.... it goes a long way to counter the "wild-eyed gun nuts with blood on their hands" NONSENSE that's being promoted by the other team. Optics is important.

2 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

It's impossible to organize and lead those on the right.

Maybe not impossible... but a hell of a lot harder it seems!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

. or CHANGING the number of SCOTUS judges when they next win the presidency (that can be done by the way). 

I had to look it up:

http://www.scotusblog.com/2013/07/the-first-court-packing-plan/

And more recently in 1937:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_Reform_Bill_of_1937

 

As for the subject at hand, I don’t know.  Easy to say we shouldn’t rely on judicial help but honestly that’s about all we have left, at least from a purely 2A perspective. This state is so left-leaning it’s about to capsize and single-issue voters are rare.  I don’t think 2A is potent enough in this state to carry the torch and swing legislative or executive branches.  Maybe by teaming with other similar-minded groups we might get some momentum.    

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

See? Already an interesting idea!

The issue everyone can get behind is costs/taxes.  Coordinating with groups and going after fiscal responsibility and the high cost of living (and how well-paid jobs are leaving in droves).  But those costs are so ingrained in some powerful groups that it would be tough. Unions, welfare,  the government itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, voyager9 said:

The issue everyone can get behind is costs/taxes.  Coordinating with groups and going after fiscal responsibility and the high cost of living (and how well-paid jobs are leaving in droves).  But those costs are so ingrained in some powerful groups that it would be tough. Unions, welfare,  the government itself. 

Eventually, even the people in this left-leaning state get fed up with being milked by the state like cash cows. At the rate Murphy is adding taxes, I'm starting to wonder if each new tax isn't a nail in his own coffin...? Let's not forget, this state DID vote in Christie... it's not impossible to imagine someone with an (R) after their name being the next governor, particularly if this guy keeps abusing ordinary taxpayers as he has been. Resentment is bound to build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Eventually, even the people in this left-leaning state get fed up with being milked by the state like cash cows. At the rate Murphy is adding taxes, I'm starting to wonder if each new tax isn't a nail in his own coffin...?

Don't forget, it's usually the ones making the most/paying the most who are the first ones to leave the state, making an even BIGGER shortfall of taxes collected.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/04/how_one_rich_guy_flummoxed_nj_budgeteers_the_audit.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I just figured no one likes my occasional diatribes! ;) And though I do agree with the comments that the other side is better-funded, I think we should be viewing that more as a challenge to be overcome, not an excuse for why our side can't get better organized or more scrappy or whatever. (It's like military logistics - if your enemy has the advantage of size, that means you can probably be quicker... if they have more money, you can follow the money and show that they're "bought", etc. There's always a way to gain advantage) 

For instance, my main concern is everyone throwing their arms up in the air here in NJ because "we're outnumbered" by anti-gun types. So what? Get more numbers! We shouldn't be banking on SCOTUS to "save us" in NJ. Hell, I'd love if they did... but I've already read articles where the Democrats are talking about impeaching Kavanaugh if they win the house... or CHANGING the number of SCOTUS judges when they next win the presidency (that can be done by the way). So, though I think SCOTUS is VERY important, I would put all my eggs in that basket.

So, as my thinking as shaped over the last couple of years, I've become convinced that "concurrent with" voting, supporting 2A candidates, supporting lawsuits, etc. - every single one of us should be introducing EVERYONE we know to the shooting sports. Even if they never get an FID or take up shooting... if they simply had a nice time, met nice people, heard a logical point of view, etc.... it goes a long way to counter the "wild-eyed gun nuts with blood on their hands" NONSENSE that's being promoted by the other team. Optics is important.

Maybe not impossible... but a hell of a lot harder it seems!

NJ gun owners don't like a challenge.  They're PUSSIES, and we have to change THAT!  We need to turn them into TIGERS willing to stand-up for themselves and their brethren.  One peek at all of the posts in the "When should I block or throw away my 15 round mags" threads HERE ON THIS FORUM gives you an idea of just how naive & ignorant the average gun owner is.  It's basically an extension of the ignorant following FOPA rules for interstate transportation of firearms WHILE STILL INSIDE NJ, for an extra level of self-assuredness, all the while quaking in their boots hoping not to get stopped for a tail light out so they can naively CONFESS to the first Cop that shows-up that they pissed at Burger King and stopped for a latte at Starbucks then went to the milk store on the way home, picking-up dry cleaning & stamps along the way  :)   Some Commandos on this forum won't even take the word of FFL's or current & retired sworn LEO's that hang here to help that know real-world application of law and the EXEMPTIONS that let us mere serfs own & use firearms.  PK-90, H.E. & GRIZ come immediately to mind.  Like I said, we need to CHANGE that.  Sometimes even I feel defeated and wish to administer a Civics test just to be allowed to write here.

Colandro's battle cry has always been "EACH ONE, REACH ONE!", and in addition to the various appearances I put-in (oft times shooting leagues at local clubs that are members of the ANJRPC) I have the distinct pleasure of finding volunteer talent to teach at Tony Simon's "The 2nd is for Everyone:  Diversity Shoot" that takes place 6x a year at GunForHire.  Last Thursday was no exception.  Several Coalition members stepped-up and taught old hands & Newbies alike how to shoot their personal guns, including 100 year old War Horses like a Winchester 1917 and a 1944 M-1 Garand in .30-06.

Tomorrow is a new day and I won't waste it.  I don't know how many tomorrows I have left.  Me give up w/o a fight?  NEVER!

Rosey

CNJFO's "KILROY WAS HERE!" SHARES A WW2 EXPERIENCE!
SIMON's DIVERSITY SHOOT TAUGHT BY OUR RIFLE EXPERT!
by Black Wire Media Saturday Oct. 6, 2018 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners had several volunteer instructors teaching Diversity Shoot attendees the correct & safe way to handle & shoot all types of firearms. Thursday night's event was headlined by our very own "Kilroy Was Here!", a member of our communications committee's freelance writing staff. "Kilroy Was Here!" is a famous WW2 expression written upon trucks, tanks, APC's, buildings and on anything & everything touched by World War Two GI's in every theatre. A statement that US forces have overcome severe obstacles to wage & win a war on several continents simultaneously.

In NJ we fight our 2nd Amendment battles daily, and of late it looks like we just might be winning! What better way to celebrate than by having our resident WW2 expert give a brief lecture at Tony Simon's, "The 2nd is for Everyone: Diversity Shoot" and then supply his antique battle rifles & .30 caliber ammo for everyone to enjoy! GunForHire's Woodland Park 50 yard range is loaned to Simon for this event by range owner & ANJRPC Executive Vice President Anthony Colandro.

The crowd loved shooting Kilroy's Battle Rifles. Kilroy brought his 1944 Springfield Armory M-1 Garand along with more than 100 rounds of .30 caliber ammo. General George S. Patton, Jr. was famously quoted regarding the M-1 his men were issued: “In my opinion, the M-1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised!” Shooters enjoyed putting the re-barreled in '64 US Rifle Cal .30-06 through its' paces, and proper handling tamed the recoil--even the ladies wanted extra trigger time! Everyone was all smiles and Kilroy wants to do it again soon! ( photos by CNJFO member Angelo Yacone & "Kilroy")

No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NJ gun owners don't like a challenge.  They're PUSSIES, and we have to change THAT!  We need to turn them into TIGERS willing to stand-up for themselves and their brethren.  One peek at all of the posts in the "When should I block or throw away my 15 round mags" threads HERE ON THIS FORUM gives you an idea of just how naive & ignorant the average gun owner is.  It's basically an extension of the ignorant following FOPA rules for interstate transportation of firearms WHILE STILL INSIDE NJ, for an extra level of self-assuredness, all the while quaking in their boots hoping not to get stopped for a tail light out so they can naively CONFESS to the first Cop that shows-up that they pissed at Burger King and stopped for a latte at Starbucks then went to the milk store on the way home, picking-up dry cleaning & stamps along the way     Some Commandos on this forum won't even take the word of FFL's or current & retired sworn LEO's that hang here to help that know real-world application of law and the EXEMPTIONS that let us mere serfs own & use firearms.  PK-90, H.E. & GRIZ come immediately to mind.  Like I said, we need to CHANGE that.  Sometimes even I feel defeated and wish to administer a Civics test just to be allowed to write here.
Colandro's battle cry has always been "EACH ONE, REACH ONE!", and in addition to the various appearances I put-in (oft times shooting leagues at local clubs that are members of the ANJRPC) I have the distinct pleasure of finding volunteer talent to teach at Tony Simon's "The 2nd is for Everyone:  Diversity Shoot" that takes place 6x a year at GunForHire.  Last Thursday was no exception.  Several Coalition members stepped-up and taught old hands & Newbies alike how to shoot their personal guns, including 100 year old War Horses like a Winchester 1917 and a 1944 M-1 Garand in .30-06.
Tomorrow is a new day and I won't waste it.  I don't know how many tomorrows I have left.  Me give up w/o a fight?  NEVER!
Rosey
CNJFO's "KILROY WAS HERE!" SHARES A WW2 EXPERIENCE!
SIMON's DIVERSITY SHOOT TAUGHT BY OUR RIFLE EXPERT!
by Black Wire Media Saturday Oct. 6, 2018 www.cnjfo.com/join-us
The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners had several volunteer instructors teaching Diversity Shoot attendees the correct & safe way to handle & shoot all types of firearms. Thursday night's event was headlined by our very own "Kilroy Was Here!", a member of our communications committee's freelance writing staff. "Kilroy Was Here!" is a famous WW2 expression written upon trucks, tanks, APC's, buildings and on anything & everything touched by World War Two GI's in every theatre. A statement that US forces have overcome severe obstacles to wage & win a war on several continents simultaneously.
In NJ we fight our 2nd Amendment battles daily, and of late it looks like we just might be winning! What better way to celebrate than by having our resident WW2 expert give a brief lecture at Tony Simon's, "The 2nd is for Everyone: Diversity Shoot" and then supply his antique battle rifles & .30 caliber ammo for everyone to enjoy! GunForHire's Woodland Park 50 yard range is loaned to Simon for this event by range owner & ANJRPC Executive Vice President Anthony Colandro.
The crowd loved shooting Kilroy's Battle Rifles. Kilroy brought his 1944 Springfield Armory M-1 Garand along with more than 100 rounds of .30 caliber ammo. General George S. Patton, Jr. was famously quoted regarding the M-1 his men were issued: “In my opinion, the M-1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised!” Shooters enjoyed putting the re-barreled in '64 US Rifle Cal .30-06 through its' paces, and proper handling tamed the recoil--even the ladies wanted extra trigger time! Everyone was all smiles and Kilroy wants to do it again soon! ( photos by CNJFO member Angelo Yacone & "Kilroy")
43239865_1059494377563965_7032835847133069312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=8fb15b7ed73471c2ce0dc4bbee2b13ea&oe=5C5FF397 43213600_1059494694230600_539043022990475264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=2996906a293146be9b3d3c6187d2e4e6&oe=5C198B0A 43199531_1059495174230552_5729914413599686656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=9f1eca13753585df0ce9e7fa2d6246d6&oe=5C18CC3F 43231291_1059495354230534_7073094624297877504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=9138abc8684f2ffd70e5434eff03d982&oe=5C58B50B


The pussy part you got right. I know the law to know how to get around the law. There are those here that would turn someone in for a now NJ illegal transfer. Same ones that have been scurrying like rodents to get rid of those evil 15 rounders. As long as the sheeple comply their masters will come up with new tricks for them to perform.


M1 Garand is a fine rifle. FN-49 is a better rifle.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, capt14k said:

 


The pussy part you got right. I know the law to know how to get around the law. There are those here that would turn someone in for a now NJ illegal transfer. Same ones that have been scurrying like rodents to get rid of those evil 15 rounders. As long as the sheeple comply their masters will come up with new tricks for them to perform.


M1 Garand is a fine rifle. FN-49 is a better rifle.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

Education is the key!  That's why I invest so much time educating.  I've never played with a FN-49, so maybe YOU can teach an Old Dog some new tricks?  Who knows, you might even get asked to teach with it at some point in the future :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy to understand their "logic", repressing their citizen's is a top priority, precedents along these lines in other Lefty-States helps their cause. Financials? Ha, just wait till The-Murf makes it a sanctuary-state (fully kicks in), what is the cost of a few Lawyer's to write an opinion compared to supporting endless amounts of illegal's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Latest Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By SJG
      Petition-Cert-Norman-Final.pdf
    • By AVB-AMG
      Question:  Is it actually legal in NJ for employees of a gun range to open carry a firearm?
       
      First of all this is NOT a criticism.  I have observed at a number of gun ranges that I have visited in NJ that most, but not all, of the staff, (sales, counter, instructors), open carry a pistol, usually on their belt.  I do not have a problem with this but I am curious if that is actually legal in NJ.  Does anyone here know the answer to that question?

      I do know that any of us can legally open carry whatever we want inside our own homes and within the boundaries of our property.  I also thought that business owner(s), but only the business owner(s), also have the right to open carry anywhere inside their place of business.  Yet I thought that only applied to the business owners, not employees, staff, or consultants.  Since it is so prevalent, I am probably misunderstanding NJ gun law.  I tried to find where in NJ Law this question is addressed and here is what I found: (I did a cut & paste from Section 2C:2C:39-6):
       
      e. Nothing in subsections b., c. and d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent a person keeping or carrying about his place of business, residence, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, any firearm, or from carrying the same, in the manner specified in subsection g. of this section, from any place of purchase to his residence or place of business, between his dwelling and his place of business, between one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between his dwelling or place of business and place where such firearms are repaired, for the purpose of repair. For the purposes of this section, a place of business shall be deemed to be a fixed location.
       
      I understand that all employees of any NJ gun range have to undergo an in-depth state required application process.  There is a Federal law requiring all firearms Dealers, (must be over the age of 21) and their employees, (must be over the age of 18), must obtain and renew every 3 years, a retail license from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms (ATF), before they can engage in the retail sale of firearms in NJ.  The process involves submitting an application to the NJ State Police, specifically, the NJSP’s Firearms Investigation Unit, which determines if the applicant or employee meets the state’s requirements.  If acceptable, the application is then forwarded to a NJ Superior Court Judge in the same County as the place of business (gun range/retail store).  That Judge has the discretion to decide if the applicant, (owner and/or employee), meets the standards and qualifications established by the NJSP and also could qualify to obtain a NJ Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FPIC) and then either grants or denies the license.  So their having to go through this laborious process is why I am pretty confident that all of the staff at these gun ranges have been properly vetted and are more sane and safe with guns than many other NJ residents.
       
      Does anyone on NJGF know where NJ law clearly states that this is legal or is the ambiguity of the law such that it just an accepted interpretation allowing employees to open carry?  Please help clarify this for me.
    • By darrenlobo
      This is the speech I gave at the
      2nd Amendment Awareness Rally & Open Carry March! .223 2014! My message that the constitution has failed went over better than I thought it would. It says a lot about this crowd that we can have differences of opinion and still respect each other.   http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-broken-constitution-video.html
    • By darrenlobo
      At the End the Fed (Federal Reserve System) Rally of Saturday, May 18, 2013 Edd Skitz, a local liberty activist, open carried a handgun in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
       
      http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2013/05/open-carrying-gun-in-philadelphia.html
       
  • Posts

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.