Caraj

Woodland park range bankruptcy

6 minutes ago, Caraj said:

Like I said. It’s more profitable to just file bankruptcy,  Claim he is broke but Drive his $160,000 Mercedes to his $4 million house on the bay in Mantoloking shores (where he has his crew of workers constantly upgrading)  then paying his friends that he promised over and over again that he would pay.  

I really feel sorry for the contractors he talked into agreeing they would have a partnership in the range to continue pumping their own funds into the project.  

Maybe he should consider going to the bank that he owns on passaic ave in west Caldwell and take a loan. 

He certainly has the money to pay his attorneys over $1 million already.

Some contractors are now not only out several hundred thousand dollars but are also getting sued by their vendors since they can’t pay them because they didn’t get paid. That now means liens will be placed on these contractors homes for materials owed on the gun range but not any of Thomas J O’beirne’s Homes.  He doesn’t have to worry about that.  After all , he has a field named after him in Roseland.

https://www.roselandnj.org/Mens Softball Information Flyer '18.docx

While I understand your point, that's a little much.. everyone in this scenario should have their personal property protected through liability companies. That's why they exist. 

• Like 2

While I understand your point, that's a little much.. everyone in this scenario should have their personal property protected through liability companies. That's why they exist. 
True but what that is also saying is everyone should be a scumbag. My father got screwed out of millions in 1990. He could have filed bankruptcy too, but he didn't. Always taught me your men are paid first, suppliers second, and you last.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, capt14k said:

True but what that is also saying is everyone should be a scumbag. My father got screwed out of millions in 1990. He could have filed bankruptcy too, but he didn't. Always taught me your men are paid first, suppliers second, and you last.

No doubt there's greedy people out there, but it's hard to say if this was planned or if it's a response to a shitty situation.

22 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Not the contractors who did the work. They get personally sued for the unpaid gun range materials. So their home gets a lien and their bank accounts and wages garnished. 

6 minutes ago, Caraj said:

Not the contractors who did the work. They get personally sued for the unpaid gun range materials. So their home gets a lien and their bank accounts and wages garnished. 

Are you saying they personally paid for the range materials? 

Or did they theycontractors do it through their own LLC?

I'm confused with your analysis here. Owner is protect because of LLC for unpaid liabilities, yet the contractors are not?

If you can just personally sue someone who has conducted all business through an LLC, why not go after the owner? 

No doubt there's greedy people out there, but it's hard to say if this was planned or if it's a response to a shitty situation.
Seriously? Response to shitty situation?

Didn't Anthony state more than once he was building the addition to the range. O'Brien owns the property and was building the range according to the ground breaking ceremony in the paper. Anyone else who is an owner in the range should be reaching into their personal accounts and pockets and paying the contractors that did the work. The contractors shouldn't need to hire an attorney. When I say pay them I mean what was agreed upon not a half job as these "big shots" like to say. Is easier to file bankruptcy than to do the right thing. If they do the right thing I will shout it at the top of my lungs and post everywhere what stand up guys they are. However If the contractors aren't paid whoever here and now steps foot in that range is no better than they are.

Whatever happened with Gun For Hire South?

Are you saying they personally paid for the range materials? 
Or did they theycontractors do it through their own LLC?
I'm confused with your analysis here. Owner is protect because of LLC for unpaid liabilities, yet the contractors are not?
If you can just personally sue someone who has conducted all business through an LLC, why not go after the owner? 
Most suppliers got smart to the bankruptcy game. They make LLC owner sign personally for credit.

I have no idea the specifics of this situation. I have no idea who has already invested capital in the project, who plans to take it over, etc. 

The range is still planned to open apparently, so someone is paying to keep building it. 

I dunno?

18 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I have no idea the specifics of this situation. I have no idea who has already invested capital in the project, who plans to take it over, etc. 

The range is still planned to open apparently, so someone is paying to keep building it. 

I dunno?

TO be clear. The job is stopped and has been stopped for many months. There is no work going on there right now. And the interior is a shell. It requires millions of $$ to complete including all gun range equipment and build out.

I dunno?
Neither do I other than seeing contractors and suppliers listed as creditors. Just wanted you and others to know just because owner is protected by LLC contractor most likely is not because they signed personal for their credit with their suppliers. So OP was correct in the fact that their families and homes will be affected.

Listen, I've been watching this thread... and all of its speculation and innuendo, etc. Honestly, I'm not 100 percent sure what the facts are, but our rules call for no "personal attacks". As a small business owner myself, if someone is casting aspersions on my business (whether they're saying it's my fault or someone else's is irrelevant)… well, I would consider that a "personal attack" - because it's my livelihood, and what's more "personal" than that?!

So, in the same way I chastised people who piled on after the suicide at TTC, I'm going to end this, too. @Caraj- if you have some issues that you feel Anythony C. at Gun for Hire can address, then please PM him directly. If you have a problem with the property owner (which sounds more the case), then have your lawyer reach out to his lawyer... or whatever. This is not a place for an ongoing "airing of grievances" that cast shade on someone's livelihood. Use PMs or chat on this issue going forward. If you have an issue, feel free to PM me. 

Locking this down.

• Like 5