Sign in to follow this  
njpilot

Bulletproof Jackets

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Price?

Guess you didn't read the article.

"Currently Bulletproof Everyone offers jackets in Men, Women, Child, and Teen sizing. They also offer a men’s polo and replacement panels for the jackets. The pricing ranges from $279 – $429 depending on what you are looking at purchasing. If you are desiring to do a bulk order for law enforcement or any other reasons, they can do personalizing of clothing as well. To get that pricing, turn-around time, and options it is best to reach out to Bulletproof Everyone and speak with them directly"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

Rich Davis of Second Chance shot himself with his body armor on hundreds of times starting in the 70s.

Yep. Put on a heck of a bowling pin shoot, too.   I never got to one (a little before my time), but they had quite a following   Top prize, as I recall, was a lightly used luxury car. 

1 hour ago, njpilot said:

Guess you didn't read the article.

"Currently Bulletproof Everyone offers jackets in Men, Women, Child, and Teen sizing. They also offer a men’s polo and replacement panels for the jackets. The pricing ranges from $279 – $429 depending on what you are looking at purchasing. If you are desiring to do a bulk order for law enforcement or any other reasons, they can do personalizing of clothing as well. To get that pricing, turn-around time, and options it is best to reach out to Bulletproof Everyone and speak with them directly"

Na, jus watched the vid... then showed my wife the vid

3 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Rich Davis of Second Chance shot himself with his body armor on hundreds of times starting in the 70s.

I remember that, and to think, the technology and knowledge of materials back then was nothing like it is now.

7 minutes ago, jm1827 said:

I remember that, and to think, the technology and knowledge of materials back then was nothing like it is now.

True.  I bought my first vest, a Second Chance, in 1976.  Although I quit wearing it long before it still stopped everything it was supposed to stop over 20 years later.

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

IIRC, Second Chance used to give away a model 29 to any LEO that was wearing their body armor, was shot, survived and killed their assailant. The BATF eventually stopped it saying it was too much like bounty hunting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

11 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

IIRC, Second Chance used to give away a model 29 to any LEO that was wearing their body armor, was shot, survived and killed their assailant. The BATF eventually stopped it saying it was too much like bounty hunting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

IIRC correctly it was a 357 of choice.  Thats  a hundred years ago so I could be wrong.