Lambo2936

WTF Cabelas? No longer shopping here.

45 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I was answering a general question from @Sniper22regarding whether Cabela's would sell a rifle that is banned in NJ to a NJ resident. My response had nothing to do with your situation which was totally unfair and uncalled for! I hope you get your shotgun for free!:) Sorry for the misunderstanding neighbor! 

Whoops, my apologies; i missed his post somehow. Didnt mean to come off as an asshole, just figured you misinterpreted something that i had posted.. lol

24 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Youll have a hard time finding a dealer willing to risk it. They have to follow NJ laws iirc.

Out of state dealers only have one obligation to follow the laws of another state.  Federal law permits a FFL to sell a long gun to an out of state resident if the sale would be legal in both states.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

According to (iirc) griz, 1970s. Ive had a dual color fid since i got mine 3 or 4 years ago.

I can tell you my first one was in '78, and was the same as my current one issued in '02. Even the fingerprint part.

Back then they didn't even mention yes or no about laminating it. Mine came that way. My current one I did the protective cover myself.

Quick update... FFL holder of the DE cabelas was supposed to call monday to explain and offer a discount on the shotgun. Never got said call. Emailed them again last night and have yet to get an email back in 2 days, nor have i received the call as of Tuesday night.. will be calling in and flipping out over the phone tomorrow. Seems like they are just dragging things out and i could have picked it up from tanners long ago.

Will update when i hear from them.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, Lambo2936 said:

Quick update... FFL holder of the DE cabelas was supposed to call monday to explain and offer a discount on the shotgun. Never got said call. Emailed them again last night and have yet to get an email back in 2 days, nor have i received the call as of Tuesday night.. will be calling in and flipping out over the phone tomorrow. Seems like they are just dragging things out and i could have picked it up from tanners long ago.

Will update when i hear from them.

I think the message is becoming clear....

On 10/7/2018 at 3:35 PM, Sniper22 said:

How about anywhere in PA? Will any store there, or do they neuter too?

Any gun shops near NJ border will follow NJ laws.  Heritage Guild in Easton refused to sell me a CZ SP01 a few years ago because it had 18 round mags.  I told them to keep the mags, sell me the pistol.  They refused.  At the time you couldn't find a new SP01 anywhere. 

I purchased a used 10/22 at Sarco two years ago.  If I recall they called the NJ# for background check and had all the NJ paperwork behind counter.

I'm pretty sure any gun store within hour or so of NJ would do same.  Especially larger or box stores.

Tell Cabelas that you have already posted online on the largest NJ gunforum about your very negative exoerience.  That you've warned anyone with a two tone FID (which is every FID holder) not to bother ever shopping  there.

Explain politely that you would like to update your posting about how they positively corrected their obvious mistake but a $50 gift card doesn't cover the cost of gas and tolls for the trip you already made.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Tell Cabelas that you have already posted online on the largest NJ gunforum about your very negative exoerience.  That you've warned anyone with a two tone FID (which is every FID holder) not to bother ever shopping  there.

Explain politely that you would like to update your posting about how they positively corrected their obvious mistake but a $50 gift card doesn't cover the cost of gas and tolls for the trip you already made.

I would if i could get a response.. lol.

I got an email yesterday asking if i heard from anyone. I said no, and im quite disappointed as it has been days and im sittin on my hands waiting... if i dont receive any real contact today ill be calling in to speak to a manager. At this point its out of principle.

Btw ive purchased from Tanners AND Heritage Guild Easton in PA. No problems at either.

U

On 10/11/2018 at 11:59 AM, Lambo2936 said:

I would if i could get a response.. lol.

I got an email yesterday asking if i heard from anyone. I said no, and im quite disappointed as it has been days and im sittin on my hands waiting... if i dont receive any real contact today ill be calling in to speak to a manager. At this point its out of principle.

Btw ive purchased from Tanners AND Heritage Guild Easton in PA. No problems at either.

Update?

After multiple emails and no response, the ffl holder called me and offered no explanation, apology, or anything. Just a "if you want you can come buy it".

I emailed corporate with a WTF and they gave me a gift card for 10% (60$), totaling $110 in gift cards. They will be spent on whatever i can find there and thatll likely be the last time i take the trip out there. Plenty of local alternatives and seeing as therea no incentives for me to buy it there (i get the cards anyways), ill just take the trip out to tanners if i care to buy the shotgun. Right now it looks like ill be setting funds aside for a new-to-me Kubota or somethin'

On 10/7/2018 at 3:39 PM, GRIZ said:

Just like someone can refuse to do business with you as long as it's not based on race, sex, religion, etc.

You can refuse to do business with anyone for any reason.  Even if it's based on race, sex, religion, etc.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

You can refuse to do business with anyone for any reason.  Even if it's based on race, sex, religion, etc.

As long as its not a wedding cake for a gay wedding...

• Like 1