Haddoncoach

Pistol Permit Cost

14 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Get 'em while they are still 2 bucks!

Smurf will be jacking them to $50.00 soon enough........

Is that just you BSin or is that in his plans?

There really is no reason for a pistol purchase permit any more now that FTF sales have been effectively banned. FTF sales was the only rationale left for needing to go through a background check to get a PPP. With that gone all handgun transfers are subject to background checks at the dealer, so the PD check is now officially needless redundant bureaucracy that is wasting police resources and tax payer money. Anyone want to file a lawsuit?

• Like 5

Also wants FID cards to go from $5 to $100, carry permits (good luck with that) from$50 to $400, retail gun dealer license $50 to $500, wholesaler/manufacturer license $150 to $1,500,separate tax on firearm purchase, among others. From an nj.com article 6/21/18 (I don't know how to do the post link thingy).

28 minutes ago, bennj said:

From an nj.com article 6/21/18 (I don't know how to do the post link thingy).

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/06/murphy_wants_to_make_it_more_expensive_to_buy.html

@bennj - when you're in the NJ.com article, you go to the top of the page to the field that shows the URL address, highlight it with your cursor, then hit CONTROL/C (control key + letter "c" at the same time) to copy that URL. Then, you go back into NJ Forums and paste it into your post using CONTROL/V. 

There's a few keyboard combinations that will get you there, but that's how I do it.

I hope they change it. doing so generates a class of recently impacted people. At which point a case should be brought that they are encumbering an incorporated right. 

I don't know that you could forbid the process, but you could argue that if it is in the public's interest, the whole public can pay for it rather than be discriminatory towards lower income individuals. 

8 minutes ago, bennj said:

Thanks Peel,

I'll try that next time, if I remember this thread. Only have so many bytes left in the old brain.

Just PM me. I'm no computer guru... but posting a link I can handle! Always happy to help.