Mossy500

CCW - justifiable need for doctors to carry (NJ)

Any doctors lurking in this forum? I'm curious if anybody's been successful in applying and getting a CCW approved with the reason that a doctor deny certain patients who are obviously drug-seeking/drug-dependent/violent. (e.g. they could be hanging in the parking lot, or stalk).

EDIT:

deny *medication*

Edited by Mossy500
Clarification

24 minutes ago, Mossy500 said:

Any doctors lurking in this forum? I'm curious if anybody's been successful in applying and getting a CCW approved with the reason that a doctor deny certain patients who are obviously drug-seeking/drug-dependent/violent. (e.g. they could be hanging in the parking lot, or stalk).

EDIT:

deny *medication*

I've never met a doctor in NJ with a carry permit.  Most doctors keep few drugs in their office.  No one makes house calls anymore so there is no need to keep drugs of any kind there.  A doctor would have to meet the "justifiable need" like anyone else in NJ (or be politically hooked).  When was the last time a doctor was held up for drugs?  I can't remember any in the past 40 years.  No sense in taking a remote chance a doctor has the drugs you're looking for with him or her.  Hold up or break in to a pharmacy is more of a sure thing.

31 minutes ago, Mossy500 said:

Griz - not exactly being stalked for drugs per se, but rather retribution for not giving the more-than-normal quantity of prescription drugs they ask for (among other things these clowns get mad at their doctor for)..

I would doubt that.  Much easier to get a phony prescription or buy off the street.

8 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

He meant .00013% of the states population has carry permits valid in NJ. Close enough to "no" carry permits for me...

I'm betting Glock's comment had more to do with Bob Viden then "no carry permits".

My understanding is it is likely the only way* unless you work as an armed guard.  If you do not know any politicians and judges, and have not helped significantly fund their campaign and/or lifestyle, then I suggest you get proof of actual, valid threats. You still won't qualify (yet) until you are actually murdered, at which point you may qualify. You may need to be murdered 2 or 3 times before NJ will actually issue you one.

*not including the people who have already been murdered, who might only now qualify for getting one.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

My understanding is it is likely the only way* unless you work as an armed guard.  If you do not know any politicians and judges, and have not helped significantly fund their campaign and/or lifestyle, then I suggest you get proof of actual, valid threats. You still won't qualify (yet) until you are actually murdered, at which point you may qualify. You may need to be murdered 2 or 3 times before NJ will actually issue you one.

*not including the people who have already been murdered, who might only now qualify for getting one.

Truth.

Or spend tons of other peoples money on a lawsuit because you have valid reasons, even with the justifiable need bs, and were still denied.

From what I can tell, a general threat such as "druggies want drugs from me because I'm a doctor" won't hold up at all. It has to be a specific threat. And since domestic violence victims can't even get a ccw against someone threatening to kill them and probably will, no way "some druggie might kill me" will get approved. Politicians want it so they are the only ones to be defended. They don't care about the people.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Bob Viden in Glassboro for that!

Think about that @Lambo2936 before you visit  his shop!

I keep hearing about this guy - what is his deal and what is he accused of that is Anti2A - or is he just anti CCW......

I have met a few claimed 2A folks that feel that no citizen should ever be allowed to carry a firearm in public - asshats....

no one is accusing Bob of being anti CCW in NJ. He will be the first to admit he is against CCW here because the state is too densely populated and it would turn into the wild West if we could carry! He has a carry permit though!

2A is about keep an bear. Bob is cool with the keep part only. To me, you are either for or against the Second Amendment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

He will be the first to admit he is against CCW here because the state is too densely populated and it would turn into the wild West if we could carry!

That's the typical Liberal B.S. response to CCW, that it will turn into the wild west.

Is that how urban areas like Dallas, Austin, Houston, Phoenix, Miami, etc. are now? Tons of people dying daily because of all the CCW holders shooting up the place?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

no one is accusing Bob of being anti CCW in NJ. He will be the first to admit he is against CCW here because the state is too densely populated and it would turn into the wild West if we could carry! He has a carry permit though!

2A is about keep an bear. Bob is cool with the keep part only. To me, you are either for or against the Second Amendment.

You know nothing, work a range for a day and then tell me everyone should get a concealed  permit,

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

5 minutes ago, glockncolts said:

The idiots i see on the range actually point the gun towards their face to see how dirty the barrel  is from shooting reloads, not everyone should get a carry permit

Darwin.. this country has shifted so far from personal responsibility it’s pathetic. What’s more pathetic is that some feel they are special, should be more free, or tell others how to live their life.. and what they need.. 

Unsafe behavior at a range calls for removal... if it cannot be corrected. Work one for a day

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, glockncolts said:

The idiots i see on the range actually point the gun towards their face to see how dirty the barrel  is from shooting reloads, not everyone should get a carry permit

Not everyone should get a carry permit.....

But

Everyone should have the RIGHT to get a carry permit...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, glockncolts said:

You know nothing, work a range for a day and then tell me everyone should get a concealed  permit,

So I know nothing.....Educate me on why New Jersey citizens should not have the right to CCW? Educate me also as to why a pro 2A board attracts so many anti 2A people like yourself.

Since I know nothing, you surely know more than I do! Enlighten me with your intellect!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, glockncolts said:

Not everyone would want one, but the ones who want one, should not be infringed.

See how that works.

1 hour ago, glockncolts said:

So, there are no gun ranges and thousands of people who own guns in the states that allow CCW?

Do many people die by shooting themselves in the face in those states?

• Like 2

I feel bad..

According to this in 2017 NJ had only 1,212 active carry permits(which I think is low..do cops need a ccw?)
In 2017, my county(Bucks) issued almost 9 times the amount of LTCF's vs the entire state of NJ. That sucks bad. I know you will all say PA is next to follow NJ..ect... but as of 2017 there were 1,317,922 active permits statewide source: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=337446

You guys need to relocate.

• Like 3