Mossy500

CCW - justifiable need for doctors to carry (NJ)

1 minute ago, carl_g said:

I feel bad..

According to this in 2017 NJ had only 1,212 active carry permits(which I think is low..do cops need a ccw?)
My county(Bucks) issued almost 9 times the amount of LTCF vs the entire state of NJ. That sucks bad. I know you will all say PA is next to follow NJ..ect... but as of 2017 there were 1,317,922 active permits statewide source: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=337446

You guys need to relocate.

You don’t feel bad!

and we need to fix! Not flee

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

no one is accusing Bob of being anti CCW in NJ. He will be the first to admit he is against CCW here because the state is too densely populated and it would turn into the wild West if we could carry! He has a carry permit though!

2A is about keep an bear. Bob is cool with the keep part only. To me, you are either for or against the Second Amendment.

Oh so he is a shithead then.....  eff him and his sport shop

2 hours ago, glockncolts said:

You know nothing, work a range for a day and then tell me everyone should get a concealed  permit,

Everyone should have the RIGHT to do so....

You seem to be in the shithead crowd

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glockncolts said:

The idiots i see on the range actually point the gun towards their face to see how dirty the barrel  is from shooting reloads, not everyone should get a carry permit

It’s a right, not a privilege. You may not like it GnC, but you don’t get to choose who gets to exercise their rights and who doesn’t. They people get to choose for themselves. Pretty cool how that works, huh?

Maybe if more people owned and carried guns in N.J.,  and maybe if there was an actual established gun culture in N.J., everyone would have a better idea on how to act around firearms. The four firearms safety rules would be common knowledge like cross at the green and not in between and don’t eat yellow snow.

Imagine if growing up in a gun friendly house and being raised by enthusiast parents didn’t make you a social pariah. Imagine if schools had hunters ed alongside drivers ed and a shooting team - clays, bullseye, 3 Gun - alongside basketball and baseball.

It’s funny. Those same people drive, marry, have kids. Each of those things is infinitely more prone to causing death, injury, and disaster. Yet the “idiots” miraculously seem to manage. I wonder why? Probably because they are surrounded by those that know what they are doing. Because these things are commonly practiced, commonly accepted, and everyday topics of discussion without fear of repercussions. 

Maybe we should take time to teach people at the range instead of bitch about how unsafe they would be if they were to exercise their rights. 

• Like 18

3 hours ago, glockncolts said:

You know nothing, work a range for a day and then tell me everyone should get a concealed  permit,

Anyone who says I support the 2nd Amendment ...But.....

Doesn't

• Like 5

Seems we have another Bob loving Anti amongst us. How about there should be no permit needed to exercise a right. Yes everyone should be able to carry.

There should also be no background checks because they are an infringement, and they do little to nothing to prevent criminals from getting firearms.

I would rather risk a little safety than infringe for a second on freedom and liberty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

There should also be no background checks because they are an infringement, and they do little to nothing to prevent criminals from getting firearms.

cap- would this mean everybody gets to carry, but wouldn't that make it even easier for criminals to get *and carry* firearms?

not trolling, but curious. 

Unfortunately,  A DR. getting a ccw for the reasons above or any reason not mentioned I would guess is about 0. Most of the ccws in this state are retired leo's prosecutors and judges, sprinkle in a few political favors and thats it. Do I know for sure? no but if I was a betting man, i would feel comfortable in those odds. IS it right no? but in Nj its reality. No to sound cliche but this is an absolute case of elections having consequences. I Do agree from what Ive seen, There should be a minimum basic safety course for ccw issuance. Not because I'm anti ccw or saying people are dumb, but I've seen alot of dumb things happen.

I try to correct unsafe procedures when they happen, just an old habit from when i was a county firearms instructor for the police academy, recruits will listen because they have too, strangers depends on their attitude, but i do it anyway, I dont give a crap what they think about me.

cap- would this mean everybody gets to carry, but wouldn't that make it even easier for criminals to get *and carry* firearms?
not trolling, but curious. 
Yes everyone gets to carry unless you lost your rights through due process. In which case you get caught you are likely going away. I also believe rights should be restored if rehabilitated if not rehabilitated then they shouldn't be released from prison. Certain offenders can not be rehabilitated that's when rule .303 should be invoked.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just got back from a wonderful trip to Maine, including a visit to Acadia for some sightseeing and hiking.  They have Constitutional carry up there (except for in the park, for some reason), which means that anyone who is not an otherwise prohibited person can carry a concealed firearm with no required training or credentials.  It works just fine there, as it does in the other 11 or so states that have the same provision.  But in NJ, politicians and anti-gun activists continue to insist, "But it's different here."

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Just got back from a wonderful trip to Maine, including a visit to Acadia for some sightseeing and hiking.  They have Constitutional carry up there (except for in the park, for some reason), which means that anyone who is not an otherwise prohibited person can carry a concealed firearm with no required training or credentials.  It works just fine there, as it does in the other 11 or so states that have the same provision.  But in NJ, politicians and anti-gun activists continue to insist, "But it's different here."

Because the park is federal; not state.  Different set of rules (and rule-makers)

Please do so at any range North of Deptford.
You obviously missed the point. You have been brainwashed to believe the government is looking out for your best interest all in the name of safety and security. Which you willingly give up your freedom and liberty for.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I would love to interpret involvment with mental health outreaches and commitments as being justifiable need.  Dr Silverman over in Pennsylvania is one of my heros. But this is New Jersey and i don't see it changing any time soon.

7 hours ago, 70gto said:

Unfortunately,  A DR. getting a ccw for the reasons above or any reason not mentioned I would guess is about 0. Most of the ccws in this state are retired leo's prosecutors and judges, sprinkle in a few political favors and thats it. Do I know for sure? no but if I was a betting man, i would feel comfortable in those odds. IS it right no? but in Nj its reality. No to sound cliche but this is an absolute case of elections having consequences. I Do agree from what Ive seen, There should be a minimum basic safety course for ccw issuance. Not because I'm anti ccw or saying people are dumb, but I've seen alot of dumb things happen.

Just think about it - doctors are just as exposed, if not more, than most individuals who are deprived of CCW in this state. To begin with, doctors treat *anybody* regardless of status in life - that includes criminals, illegals, drug dealers, the criminally insane, mental patients, gang members. Not to mention family/fellow gang members who are equally violent.

This, on top of doctors' photos, telephone numbers, clinic/appointment hours being very well plastered over the internet and elsewhere. kind of makes them very easy to case, stalk and therefore an easy target.

Just think about it - doctors are just as exposed, if not more, than most individuals who are deprived of CCW in this state.

More so than your average cab driver, convenience store worker, pharmacist, veterinarian, bartender, etc.?

Profession should never/ever be a determining factor in application of Constitutional Rights.

• Like 5

I remember years ago one guy got kidnapped for some reason. Ccw denied. How many victims of domestic violence denied. A piece if paper retraining order will protect you. Yeah right. This state is definitely a victim of it's own mental illness. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, Mossy500 said:

Any doctors lurking in this forum? I'm curious if anybody's been successful in applying and getting a CCW approved with the reason that a doctor deny certain patients who are obviously drug-seeking/drug-dependent/violent. (e.g. they could be hanging in the parking lot, or stalk).

EDIT:

deny *medication*

No one gets CCW in NJ. I have a friend who is a judge and he was denied! 

I am ex- leo sergeant. and ER nurse. Many leo's are pro second amendment, as am I. Go for it apply, don't get too dissapointed  if it doesn't work here in NJ . if you have time and money push with a good attorney. Maybe a call to an attorney like Evan Nappen would give you some insight as to what is in front of you. I as many people here want to see you succeed. Good luck. 

On 10/9/2018 at 8:20 PM, 70gto said:

I remember years ago one guy got kidnapped for some reason. Ccw denied. How many victims of domestic violence denied. A piece if paper retraining order will protect you. Yeah right. This state is definitely a victim of it's own mental illness. 

I Think you're talking about Almeida or whatever, who was in that last big CCW lawsuit and ended up being given a permit just to shut down the case?

10 minutes ago, 70gto said:

I think so, name sounds familair

He's a property manager up in Newark, i work up there once in a while too.. Albert Almeida IIRC. He was involved in the whole Party of Six lawsuit and what not, the result of which was him getting his CCW permit and as far as i know thats about it.