tjc

Local gun groups flex muscle in state politics, sidestepping the NRA

What a novel idea. I think someone here said we need a new group in NJ and to cut ties with ANJRPC and the NRA if they aren't going to do anything radical in NJ. They had 8 years of a GOP governor to do something, but they didn't want to hurt Christie's feelings and risk him turning on us. So there was a 8 year delay of the inevitable and the inevitable came. It's a long play we are told. There is a master plan. Seems it took less than 3 years in Missouri.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

What a novel idea. I think someone here said we need a new group in NJ and to cut ties with ANJRPC and the NRA if they aren't going to do anything radical in NJ. They had 8 years of a GOP governor to do something, but they didn't want to hurt Christie's feelings and risk him turning on us. So there was a 8 year delay of the inevitable and the inevitable came. It's a long play we are told. There is a master plan. Seems it took less than 3 years in Missouri.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So when are we starting a NJ 2nd Amendment group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a few over the years, the closest to this was NJCSD or close to that.

The bigger issue is that this is NJ... Liberals outnumber conservatives and anti-gun outnumber progun.

Legislators are NOT afraid of gun groups because they know there are more people in NJ who want more gun control... as such, they are not afraid to kick you out of office or even yet, don't even have to see you.

"stand your ground" rights groups only work if you have the numbers behind you.  What we have learned here over the past few decades is that we simply don't... and more than that, every form of state government is full Lib today.

The only way to change it is with getting more people involved with guns.

You can get a meat eater to fall in love with steak or what not.

You are NOT going to get a life long Vegan to all of the sudden enjoy a filet mignon!

We need to get the center and center left in NJ, the folks who are either okay with guns, or the ability for people to have guns, and get them to realize that legal gun owners are not the problem.

Trying to convert anti-gun people whoever is almost completely moronic and a waste of time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, elongobardi said:

Does NJ have a group like this I would love to get involved and help.

I don't doubt that ANY of the 2A groups in NJ would be more effective with >>> more members, more dollars, and more volunteerism. My attitude is... you don't like the job a group is doing? Get in there, run for their board, and change things! (Though I suspect you might get a deeper appreciation for what they are doing with scant staffing and dollars).

And, as Maks noted above, the long-term plan must involve more gun owners participating in recruiting new shooters to the sport - or - at least exposing normal people to the actual "facts" about legal gun ownership. Right now, if you watched the mainstream media exclusively, you'd NEVER know that law-abiding people using guns to protect themselves and others was  common... and you'd NEVER know that legal gun owners have even swiftly ended situations that were heading towards mass shootings. Lots of people are leery about gun ownership because they've only been exposed to anti-gun messaging!  And that's because the media - whose members tend to lean leftward political - is ideologically "in bed" with the anti-gun movement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I don't doubt that ANY of the 2A groups in NJ would be more effective with >>> more members, more dollars, and more volunteerism. My attitude is... you don't like the job a group is doing? Get in there, run for their board, and change things! (Though I suspect you might get a deeper appreciation for what they are doing with scant staffing and dollars).

... and just to emphasize, the easiest thing to do... if you want to be involved with a group, really, go run for their board.  Odds are it will be VERY welcome.  These groups take up a lot of time and original founders get burned out over time, so ANY help is appreciated.

No real need to start building up everything from ground up again.

... and that other ground came back to mind, NJCSD, "NJ Coalition for Self Defense."

In my mind they were very much "hold your ground" type group and while they had found their fans, I don't believe got accomplished as much as they could have.  Hence why there was opening for NJ2AS.

Just as a reminder this shopping season.

If you shop with Amazon prime, you can have a portion of your purchase support our rights.

Your current charity

Your current charity
The ANJRPC Foundation
has received

The ANJRPC Foundation

Mission: To Exercise All Rights And Powers Conferred By The Laws Of New Jersey Upon Nonprofit Corporations, Including But Without Limitation Thereon To Solicit And Receive Gifts, Devises, Bequests, Donations And Contribtuions In Any Form, And To Apply, Invest, And Reinvest The Principal And/Or Income Therefore And Distribute The Same To Accomplish The Purposes Of The Corporation; To Educate The Public About The Constitution Of The United States Of America,The Bill Of Rights, The Second Amendment, The Peo

The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fred2 said:

Just as a reminder this shopping season.

If you shop with Amazon prime, you can have a portion of your purchase support our rights.

Your current charity

Your current charity
The ANJRPC Foundation
has received

The ANJRPC Foundation

Mission: To Exercise All Rights And Powers Conferred By The Laws Of New Jersey Upon Nonprofit Corporations, Including But Without Limitation Thereon To Solicit And Receive Gifts, Devises, Bequests, Donations And Contribtuions In Any Form, And To Apply, Invest, And Reinvest The Principal And/Or Income Therefore And Distribute The Same To Accomplish The Purposes Of The Corporation; To Educate The Public About The Constitution Of The United States Of America,The Bill Of Rights, The Second Amendment, The Peo

The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

And, as Maks noted above, the long-term plan must involve more gun owners participating in recruiting new shooters to the sport - or - at least exposing normal people to the actual "facts" about legal gun ownership. Right now, if you watched the mainstream media exclusively, you'd NEVER know that law-abiding people using guns to protect themselves and others was  common... and you'd NEVER know that legal gun owners have even swiftly ended situations that were heading towards mass shootings. Lots of people are leery about gun ownership because they've only been exposed to anti-gun messaging!  And that's because the media - whose members tend to lean leftward political - is ideologically "in bed" with the anti-gun movement.

^^^^Couldn't agree more Peel!  Well-done!

To all who will read this, NOT just Peel (she's already volunteering for us when she can, ARE YOU?):

As the ONLY 2A group Leader in NJ that posts here almost daily, I have a somewhat unique perspective into what it takes to organize and get things accomplished in a 501(c)3 charitable & educational non-profit corporation set-up by gun owners FOR gun owners.  Long hours of hard work by many people!  Establishing committees & getting Committee Chairs assigned to see that tasks are accomplished on time & on budget.  Filing tax forms & all of the paperwork needed to make a corporation both viable & sustainable.  Driving all over the state to meet & greets, range openings, gun shop openings, NJSAFE Conventions, matches, gun club meetings, etc., etc.  Countless hours invested in chipping-away at not only the anti-gun climate but also those gun owners that are completely oblivious to the world around them.  The ones looking for "a new solution" to the problems facing NJ gun owners.  Finding them and offering them a chance to help make a difference takes WORK, because volunteers don't simply fall out of the sky & say, "I'm HERE, do with me as you please, these are my skill sets so put them to your best use, as I'm willing to donate time & talent to help you help us all".  

Money is needed to power the PR campaigns, branding, websites, web hosting, etc. to let folks know of our mission, our dedicated volunteers that draw no salaries, our activities & appearances, and the commitment our members have for the gun community in general and CNJFO in specific.  Fundraising projects that bring customers to sponsors such as Hog Hunts, Pheasant Hunts, Sporting Clays & the like produce income to fight battles like mag bans (we were the ONLY 2A group in NJ to donate to & run a matching funds plea to fight the current mag ban) that resulted in a $5,500 donation for the ongoing lawsuit!  We're currently earmarking funds towards the Cheeseman-Jillard case as it winds its' way thru NJ state Supreme Court.  Yes, we'll gladly take any help in doing so.

NJ gun owners are an interesting group as a whole.  Some are true Patriots, 3%-ers' willing to do whatever it takes.  Some own a shotgun passed-down for generations & don't know where to put the shells into it.  Most fall in the middle, and worry more about getting some extra dough to buy holiday gifts than to fight for their rights.  This majority of NJ gun owners stayed home the last election---or worse yet---voted for Gov. Freestuff because he'll make weed legal!

You folks can reinvent the wheel all day long, OR you can help us become the 2A group YOU want to be a part of!  Join!  But don't just join for $50 & think "I've got my T-shirt so I can sit-back & let everybody else do all of the work"!  Become a Committee Member as a volunteer.  Get tasks assigned & feel like you're a part of something LARGER than yourself.  Run a Committee.  Run for a Board of Trustees position to help steer the corporation.  Do as little or as much as you can, but DO SOMETHING!

I've read the article that's linked on this thread.  It proves to me that smaller entities can move quicker in some cases than a huge national organization such as the NRA.  It also proves that money & resources can be assigned to make the ball carriers get over the goal line, and since politics plays a big part, sometimes it takes a smaller group to get the fire started prior to the national group becoming more heavily involved.  This all makes sense to me.  The NRA is the only national group taking "heat" on a daily basis.  GOA, SAF, and other alphabet soup groups are not even on the Anti's radar screen.  Why is that?

So whom can we count on HERE to step-up & be counted?  Here's a short list of our Committees:

Membership

Shows & Community Outreach

Communications

Public Relations

Hunting

Sporting Clays

Fundraising

Sponsorship

Social Activities

Range Liaison

Audit

Executive (Trustees)

Thanks for your time.  I (WE) hope to hear from some of you SOON!  And to those that already PM'd me in the last several months looking to help, pick a committee & get back to me.

Now back to your Cyber Monday shopping....

Rosey

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 4 people, including David Rosenthal, Jack Pyle and William Korman, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing and beard

Image may contain: 5 people, including David Rosenthal, Jack Pyle, Shaneen Allen and William Korman, people smiling

Image may contain: 10 people, including William Korman, David Rosenthal, Eric Saperstein, Jack Pyle, Jay Factor and Matthew Andras, people smiling, people sitting, table, drink and indoor

• Like 4

There were a few over the years, the closest to this was NJCSD or close to that.
The bigger issue is that this is NJ... Liberals outnumber conservatives and anti-gun outnumber progun.
Legislators are NOT afraid of gun groups because they know there are more people in NJ who want more gun control... as such, they are not afraid to kick you out of office or even yet, don't even have to see you.
"stand your ground" rights groups only work if you have the numbers behind you.  What we have learned here over the past few decades is that we simply don't... and more than that, every form of state government is full Lib today.
The only way to change it is with getting more people involved with guns.
You can get a meat eater to fall in love with steak or what not.
You are NOT going to get a life long Vegan to all of the sudden enjoy a filet mignon!
We need to get the center and center left in NJ, the folks who are either okay with guns, or the ability for people to have guns, and get them to realize that legal gun owners are not the problem.
Trying to convert anti-gun people whoever is almost completely moronic and a waste of time. 

Thank you.

Thank you

... and just to emphasize, the easiest thing to do... if you want to be involved with a group, really, go run for their board.  Odds are it will be VERY welcome.  These groups take up a lot of time and original founders get burned out over time, so ANY help is appreciated.
No real need to start building up everything from ground up again.
... and that other ground came back to mind, NJCSD, "NJ Coalition for Self Defense."
In my mind they were very much "hold your ground" type group and while they had found their fans, I don't believe got accomplished as much as they could have.  Hence why there was opening for NJ2AS.

Good idea

On 11/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, DirtyDigz said:

Thanks for all your efforts Rosey!

I’m a CNJFO member and want to be more involved - who should I reach out to to get active on committee work?

Hi & thanks for stepping-up!  Try reaching-out to our Communications Director Theresa Inacker (she's on Facebook) or write to the group email at [email protected] & mention a committee or two you'd be most interested in helping with.  Our goal is to get volunteers with diverse skills so everyone is happy with what they're contributing, and nobody bites-off more than they can chew.  An E-Board meeting is in the process of being set-up, and you're invited to it (no I don't have a firm date YET).  Once there you'll have a better grasp of what we're doing & how you'd best fit-in.  Our management style is easy-going, and we want our volunteers to enjoy volunteering & making a difference :) 

Rosie I think you do a great job and you don't have other motives. My offer still stands on fundraising and going after larger donors. As for some of those associated with ANJRPC you know my feelings on that as well. I would like nothing more then CNJFO to be the NJ grassroots organization and not need to be tied to others.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Rosie I think you do a great job and you don't have other motives. My offer still stands on fundraising and going after larger donors. As for some of those associated with ANJRPC you know my feelings on that as well. I would like nothing more then CNJFO to be the NJ grassroots organization and not need to be tied to others.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

With our next forum update in the next week or two, will have better tools to accomplish just that! 

• Like 1