stuckinNJ

Did the ban on private sales go into effect? What's the protocol now? What are gun shops charging? Does buyer or seller pay or is the fee split?

Gun control is really people control and of course it is racist too. Dems have been the party of racists since the beginning. Ban on M1 Carbine racism. Great Society huge racist policy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2018 at 5:52 AM, dajonga said:

When I worked at a FFL I was told an "approved" NICS check was good for 30 days.

Missed a part of that... Good for 30 days BUT it expires when a firearm is picked up so 1 nics can NOT be used to pick up multiple firearms are different days.

• Like 1

the vast majority of dealers will be treating this as a regular transfer  and fee schedule.  Some have stated they charge more since they have 2 people coming in to do the transfer.

1 Buyer and 1 Seller.

in regards to Nics wait times....     Same applies... If its a delay or they are slow.. you will have to wait and or come back..

Who pays for nics depends on the deal the buy and seller made... there is no law that states who pays.

the vast majority of dealers will be treating this as a regular transfer  and fee schedule.  Some have stated they charge more since they have 2 people coming in to do the transfer.
1 Buyer and 1 Seller.
in regards to Nics wait times....     Same applies... If its a delay or they are slow.. you will have to wait and or come back..
Who pays for nics depends on the deal the buy and seller made... there is no law that states who pays.

Speaking of fees did you ship that

On 10/9/2018 at 0:47 PM, myhatinthering said:

such bs!

just like the 1 a month handgun.  how the fk is not an infringement!!!!!

That backlong was due to them closing on monday.

Just now, capt14k said:

Speaking of fees did you ship that

I do not ship when i am not opened.

Questions for NJ Dealers:
1. Who is the seller on the COE, you or current owner?
2. Will you take part filling it out?
3. If the transferor is a nonresident, do you treat the transfer the same way as #1?
4. Will you keep a copy of the COE?
5. Will you send the copy to NJSP FIU?
6. Were you given guidelines by the state?
7. If so, can you share them with NJGF?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Questions for NJ Dealers:
1. Who is the seller on the COE, you or current owner?   FFL is the Seller since its in his book
2. Will you take part filling it out?  We will be the only ones filling it out
3. If the transferor is a nonresident, do you treat the transfer the same way as #1? 
4. Will you keep a copy of the COE?
5. Will you send the copy to NJSP FIU? Not for a Rifle
6. Were you given guidelines by the state? No but it makes sense to treat as any other transfer.
7. If so, can you share them with NJGF?

Its really simple... Treat no differently then any other transfer... Gun is Brought in... Checked into our AD book using the owners Drivers Lic.  Then he can leave and the buyer would do the same paperwork 4473 and COE or P2P, Run nics and if approved leave with firearm.  Oh did i mention pay for the nics and transfer when the paperwork is filled out.

Note: We have nothing to do with the actual sale.. terms or details... to us its just a gun being transferred.

10 minutes ago, remixer said:

Its really simple... Treat no differently then any other transfer... Gun is Brought in... Checked into our AD book using the owners Drivers Lic.  Then he can leave and the buyer would do the same paperwork 4473 and COE or P2P, Run nics and if approved leave with firearm.  Oh did i mention pay for the nics and transfer when the paperwork is filled out.

Note: We have nothing to do with the actual sale.. terms or details... to us its just a gun being transferred.

so owner leaves after gun's logged in. nics is delayed or negative for whatever reason....you keep the gun?

also....since it's in your logs, i'm guessing it's a backdoor registration......

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

so owner leaves after gun's logged in. nics is delayed or negative for whatever reason....you keep the gun?

also....since it's in your logs, i'm guessing it's a backdoor registration......

Well we dont KEEP the gun... he just cant take it.. We can sell for him... He can sell it we can ship it out.  If local, the person picking up needs a nics check.

BTW: True Nics denials are few an far between... i think i had 1 in the last 3 years.

As far as a backdoor registration it not more or less of a registration then any other firearm you purchase from a dealer.

4 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Federal guidelines give dealer a choice to keep gun on a delay or allow seller to keep it. Denials don't get logged in; seller keeps it.

Each store will have there own policies.   To me protocol would be immediately check the gun into my books to avoid any mistakes

3 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Nazi

LOL.... 

Again with almost nonexistent amounts of true denials it makes sense as a matter of record keeping to avoiding mistakes.  Of course sellers and buyers are more then welcome to choose an FFL with different protocols not that it makes a huge difference anyways. I think most based on conversation will be doing it the same way we will.

This could all have be avoided if people voted.

• Like 2

I've had 30+ denials in 4 years in AZ, so I guess the permit and FPID system works.

ETA: I wonder what percentage of apps get denied at PD.

56 minutes ago, remixer said:

Well we dont KEEP the gun... he just cant take it.. We can sell for him... He can sell it we can ship it out.  If local, the person picking up needs a nics check.

BTW: True Nics denials are few an far between... i think i had 1 in the last 3 years.

As far as a backdoor registration it not more or less of a registration then any other firearm you purchase from a dealer.

'cept we wouldn't be purchasing from the dealer. we're purchasing from another private citizen. and there would be no record other than that which we would keep amongst ourselves....so it is more.

and yea...i get it with the nics denials......and for the most part those of us with fpid's won't fail that. but there's delays as you know.

i'm not blaming you or any other ffl. i get it. i just like everyone else is just trying to get this stuff straight, and looking for the straight scoop from you guys.  but.....it stinks to high heaven of backdoor registration and leading up to something much worse.

i think i won't be buying any more firearms as a new jersey resident. guess the time is now to make a second residence out of state.

• Like 2

like like I've already said, if you have known someone for a long time, no way people are going to go through this. Also the wall wasn't set up the way that we're reading it here it was set up just to facilitate meaning there is no check in for the FFL. This should be nothing more than they are running the Knicks you're paying them that fee and then you and the buyer buyer or seller are transacting

like like I've already said, if you have known someone for a long time, no way people are going to go through this. Also the wall wasn't set up the way that we're reading it here it was set up just to facilitate meaning there is no check in for the FFL. This should be nothing more than they are running the Knicks you're paying them that fee and then you and the buyer buyer or seller are transacting

Paying them what fee?

And how do you prove you went to an ffl and ran nics

1 hour ago, remixer said:

BTW these type of transfers between owners were never uncommon.. Did a few a month. Seller and Buyer wanted a go between.

Great point Steve!  There is evidence of this on this very forum.  Questions: 

1.  In all of the years you've been in bidness how many FTF transfers like this did you do as a "go-between"?

2.  Did any of them involve "plinking rifles" or youth models in .22 LR?

3.  Did any of these FTF transfers involve C&R pieces for someone other than Kurt?

4.  Since a transfer fee is charged even for a cheap, scratched-up plinker, how many folks won't bother in your opinion (I know it's a huge guess based upon attitude of clientele)?

Thanks,

Rosey

BTW these type of transfers between owners were never uncommon.. Did a few a month. Seller and Buyer wanted a go between.

In NJ maybe, because as Rosey said the state is filled with pussies.

• Like 3

1.  In all of the years you've been in bidness how many FTF transfers like this did you do as a "go-between"?

3.  Did any of these FTF transfers involve C&R pieces for someone other than Kurt?

4.  Since a transfer fee is charged even for a cheap, scratched-up plinker, how many folks won't bother in your opinion (I know it's a huge guess based upon attitude of clientele)?

Thanks,

Rosey

In all my years prob did 50 or so

Some did include rifles that were shitty 22s that we’re worth less then 100 bucks

Can’t say how many won’t bother but we use to inform them they don’t need us to do that FTf transfer but most still did

Not sure how many were cr. Majority were not

Another reason people

Liked FFL doing it was the other person did not have there personal info

• Like 1

Thanks,
Rosey
I only used Steve for out of state. Never in state.

• Like 2