stuckinNJ

Did the ban on private sales go into effect? What's the protocol now? What are gun shops charging? Does buyer or seller pay or is the fee split?

That's the $99 drain cleaning like the $15 transfer. Free inspection comparison would be free transfer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Umm no

Primary business is sales and transfers of guns.

We inspect for free as most stores
Do. Transfers and sales are primary points of the business. Drain cleaning is not
  • Like 1

No it is not. If it included NICS I could agree. If it was PA dealers wouldn't be doing transfer and PICS for $20. No one is saying free transfers on out of state and no one is saying you have to do it. Just that it would be good marketing. I guess if a store does it we will see.

Sorry you are incorrect. Between paperwork nics CEO’s p2p insurance rent and labor 25 does not make a profit it’s the bear minimum.

If you want to compare pa to Nj where the cost of living rents etc are higher then do that with every other business not just guns.

I’m sure in pa it’s cheaper to install a bathroom then Nj

Sorry you are incorrect. Between paperwork nics CEO’s p2p insurance rent and labor 25 does not make a profit it’s the bear minimum.

If you want to compare pa to Nj where the cost of living rents etc are higher then do that with every other business not just guns.

I’m sure in pa it’s cheaper to install a bathroom then Nj

I always see FFLs complaining about how there is no profit in sales due to places like Bud's which I completely understand. You can't make any money just selling Faucets due to Efacuet and Amazon. If there is no profit in transfers is it just from Compliance Work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So with this in mind how could anyone in their right mind not welcome more transfers for fees? 

Welcome and just happens to be a byproduct are 2 separate things.

Most of dealers dont even want to do transfers which is why they have higher rates. For others the increase in transfers for FTF is more of a pita then anything.

considering 2 people will enter and sit while doing paperwork while we can be doing other things. It to mention the increase in nics waits etc etc.

With this new Boom in business I’m surprised more people here are not quitting their jobs and getting FFL’s

Instead of pointing fingers at FFL’s why don’t you guys petition the state to offer the FTF transfers at the local pd or njsp barracks for the nics fee only. At least FFL’s would not be the ones people are pointing fingers at.
  • Like 2

Umm no

Primary business is sales and transfers of guns.

We inspect for free as most stores
Do. Transfers and sales are primary points of the business. Drain cleaning is not

It's a suggestion we made. No one is saying it has to be done. However it is well proven that loss leaders work and good will advertising pays for itself in spades. On average it costs 3x the amount to aquire new customers than to retain existing customers. Many businesses it is estimated to be $1k to aquire a new customer.

I always see FFLs complaining about how there is no profit in sales due to places like Bud's which I completely understand. You can't make any money just selling Faucets due to Efacuet and Amazon. If there is no profit in transfers is it just from Compliance Work?

There’s more to this.

There are many types of customers in Nj.

1. Those to will come to the shop spend an hour finger fucking every gun then at the end asks about transfer fees.

2. Those who never come in and just call telling you they are ordering something online for transfer and pick up ad soon as it arrives then want you to show them how to break the gun down and maintain it.

3 those who order a gun online without calling then expecting you to hold it for 6 months while they get permits

4 those who order online and also shop locally. They mix it up.

And so on . All this is part of the transfer fee “profit”

• Like 2

Welcome and just happens to be a byproduct are 2 separate things.

Most of dealers dont even want to do transfers which is why they have higher rates. For others the increase in transfers for FTF is more of a pita then anything.

considering 2 people will enter and sit while doing paperwork while we can be doing other things. It to mention the increase in nics waits etc etc.

With this new Boom in business I’m surprised more people here are not quitting their jobs and getting FFL’s

Instead of pointing fingers at FFL’s why don’t you guys petition the state to offer the FTF transfers at the local pd or njsp barracks for the nics fee only. At least FFL’s would not be the ones people are pointing fingers at.

I believe my finger pointing was directed at FFLs in Leadership Positions not all FFLs. However let's face it the laws do benefit all FFLs. The suggestion of loss leader is just that a suggestion.

There is no need to quit your job to get a FFL. Those kids are have regular jobs and a website

It's a suggestion we made. No one is saying it has to be done. However it is well proven that loss leaders work and good will advertising pays for itself in spades. On average it costs 3x the amount to aquire new customers than to retain existing customers. Many businesses it is estimated to be $1k to aquire a new customer.

That might be true in most cases. It’s not in the gun biz.

I believe my finger pointing was directed at FFLs in Leadership Positions not all FFLs. However let's face it the laws do benefit all FFLs. The suggestion of loss leader is just that a suggestion.

There is no need to quit your job to get a FFL. Those kids are have regular jobs and a website

If your going to do free transfers for ftf you won’t have time for a day job :)

If your going to do free transfers for ftf you won’t have time for a day job [emoji4]
I would get FFL01 for the SOT. A M2 Carbine non transferable sold the other night for $2,500. Plus I am jealous seeing these kids shoot non transferable Stg44 that they paid $1,500 for.

When I say profit I mean transfers keep the lights on it does not allow me to drive a Bentley
  • Like 1

I would get FFL01 for the SOT. A M2 Carbine non transferable sold the other night for $2,500. Plus I am jealous seeing these kids shoot non transferable Stg44 that they paid $1,500 for.  Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So get your ffl01 and sot. That combo would be better suited for other parts of then country that are free

Obviously. If it did I'm sure you wouldn't be commuting to Brooklyn anymore. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No I just want 2 Bentley’s not [emoji4]

Fuck I hate Tapatalk

No I just want 2 Bentley’s not [emoji4]
The way I read NJ law FFL01 with SOT is not restricted from owning MG. For that matter there is no Mag restrictions for Non FFL who get judges Permission to own MG

The way I read NJ law FFL01 with SOT is not restricted from owning MG. For that matter there is no Mag restrictions for Non FFL who get judges Permission to own MG

Can’t manage to get a judge to give a ccw . Good luck with that
  • Like 1

Yanno...  It would be interesting if NJ had 20,000 new applications for FFL01.

It can be done. Many towns still allow home based FFL. I know Manalapan does since the code official is a Home Based FFL01. 

FFL01 with SOT doesn't need judge. Collector does. Any collector that can afford multiple transferable MG will get approval, and probably has CCW.  

Another lawsuit idea. NJ restricts magazine limits on semi autos but full autos in NJ can have 100 round drums. Equal Protection Clause Violation. If you are rich you get special treatment in NJ. Crickets from ANJRPC.

5 minutes ago, remixer said:

First AR stripped lowers I got were from a LGS (with a full gunsmith shop, lathe milling and all) in central Jerz.  The guy went on and on about how he was allowed to own MGs and got to shoot them at one of the ranges on Dix.  Not R-14, but a special range that FFL owners were allowed to use if they had to "test fire" anything full auto.

First AR stripped lowers I got were from a LGS (with a full gunsmith shop, lathe milling and all) in central Jerz.  The guy went on and on about how he was allowed to own MGs and got to shoot them at one of the ranges on Dix.  Not R-14, but a special range that FFL owners were allowed to use if they had to "test fire" anything full auto.

I don’t know much about that. I was never invited to that range lol

Never even heard of it.

They are allowed to own them and there is a special range. They have to have SOT too.

I work on the Ranges every day and have never heard or seen any such thing.

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

They are allowed to own them and there is a special range.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

• Like 1