Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
70gto

WTS World War 2 US navy heated flight suit plus ring and I love you note $125

10 posts in this topic

I purchased this many years ago from a WW2 Veterans son. As per his son his father was in the US navy during WW2 circa 1945. inside collar tag manufactured by Colvinex Bureau of Aureonatics U.S. Navy, 24 volts contract number NXSA21912 Serial Number 8381. This flight suit is made of leather and warm material with wool fuzzy collar for the pilots, gunners or crew of the fighter or bomber to keep them warm at altitude.

+++++The Best part of it is inside the leg pocket their is a silver ring "Honorable Discharge WWII" with eagles on it. Miraculously there is a handwritten note from a sweetheart." I LOVE YOU LOTS n LOTS  Please be careful --- me."    I mean are you kidding me this note is 73 years old during wartime. The ring shows a lifetime of wear, the flight suit was in better condition when i bought it a long time ago. Its been sitting in a box. Some of the stitching in a few small spots has come loose, and the leather shows patina crackling and wear with a few tiny wear holes.. It deserves a better place than where I have it.  The person I got it from said he knows about his dads ring and the note and said these 3 items belong together with the jacket.  I paid more for it but its time to move it on to someone who will take care and appreciate an era of history known as the Greatest Generation.

Inside the jacket is a few small spots size of a dime which may have been blood . 

The jacket the ring the note is an incredible combination, next to impossible to duplicate. $200 for all. price is plus actual shipping would rather meet for something this rare. 732-841-2472

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

Personally, imho, the son was a dick for selling it. He could have handed it down through generations to come. emoji848.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed 100%.

If you have a hard time selling, perhaps consider donating it to a museum? My wife's grandfather worked on blimps in WW2 and the rest of his Navy career was at Lakehurst. When he died it was decided to donate as much of his stuff as the Lakehurst Museum wanted.

1 person likes this

Strange you say that , but i did mention maybe he should keep it, but he had no interest, At the time I had a wanted ad out for ww2 memorabilia, he responded to this. I have other great items that I treasure , I like to read and learn how terrible that war was, a student of history so to speak, I try to go to any event where a ww2 vet is speaking and hear their story. We either learn from it or doomed to repeat it. This piece is not worthy of a museum, as im sure they have amazing pieces but if there is no solid interest , maybe I can offer it to one. I know im not doing this any justice by keeping it stored the way it is. I have a Luftwaffe ceremonial dress dagger in its velvet scabbard, and a 3x5 nazi flag stamped in italian, it was taken down off the Naples town hall in italy by a private Horvath when they took the town. The historical significance is truly humbling when I look at them. 

2 people like this