TheCrazyTuna

How much is a realistic amount to ask for?

No really, though.
I get it, a lot of people bought this stuff back in 08 when Obama was frontrunner and .22lr ammo being in stock was an urban legend. Or maybe they bought one post Sandy Hook panic.
Fact of the matter. Fact, not opinion. This stuff has absolutely tanked in price over the last couple years, and most of the arguments for superior quality are also null and void as most manufacturers have significantly upped their quality.
Its a buyer's market, like it or not. And just because you paid X amount for something, simply does not guarantee that it will stay that price - for any product.

You are absolutely correct. But as stated, the guy never gave a price. He listed the parts and ‘asked’ for advice. Instead what he got mostly is critique about why it should or shouldn’t. I never once interpreted anything else other than that.
Although, I am a lil jealous of his collection.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you buy it.

I know, and I gave you my opinion.  

And thats the problem.
Ray, I have no prob siding with you on occasion, but he didn’t ask for your opinion.
And I sure as hell didn’t need your comment.
Try answering questions that people ask. Not the ‘holier than ray’ ‘tude bro!

On 10/9/2018 at 9:16 PM, TheCrazyTuna said:

I have 2 more a Barrett REC7 piston driven 5.56 and a Savage MSR-15 .224 Val. 

I want to keep it but I need to make room for a M82a1 I bought last week and don’t have the room in my safe. I have a 5 yr old  and the wife will lose it if it doesn’t get locked up 

Put the AR in a locked plano case on the top shelf of your closet for now, that's how I kept my first SG, before I got my safe, and had a 2 year old running around.

I agree with others, either part it out or keep it. As much as I hate to say it, you will make more money on ebay, for those parts that you can sell on ebay, then you will on any gun specific sites due to the fact that many ebay buyers are not very market savvy.

11 hours ago, bhunted said:

And thats the problem.
Ray, I have no prob siding with you on occasion, but he didn’t ask for your opinion.
And I sure as hell didn’t need your comment.
Try answering questions that people ask. Not the ‘holier than ray’ ‘tude bro!

Yes he did.  He asked for advice.  I advised that I would not buy someone else's home build.  

Yes he did.  He asked for advice.  I advised that I would not buy someone else's home build.  

Noooooooooooo, go back and read it. He asked if someone could advise him of a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2018 at 7:39 PM, TheCrazyTuna said:

A buddy from Mass. wants me to wait until the new year for his bonus and offering 1900. Maybe that’s the best bet I don’t 

I thought they were banned in Massachusetts?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bhunted said:

Noooooooooooo, go back and read it. He asked if someone could advise him of a price.

Yeah, and I advised this thread that I would not buy someone else's home build.  You wouldn't ask for a price if you didn't consider selling it.

Yeah, and I advised this thread that I would not buy someone else's home build.  You wouldn't ask for a price if you didn't consider selling it.

Still fighting for the last word? Drop it already. Sheesh! [emoji12]

5 hours ago, bhunted said:

And honestly the best advice that a lot of our members need to take, is they need to close the tab on NJGunforums, and open up GunBroker or some other forums. Also take a few minutes to browse the various sellers that aren't NJ 275% markup gun shops. That way they can get a realistic gauge on current market prices and not make fools of themselves trying to get 2008 prices a decade too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

The irony hear is deafening....

@TheCrazyTuna get your answer/ suggestion?

I got my answer lol. That even in the gun community there is still a bunch of assholes stuck up other assholes, assholes for sure. 

Like I said in the beginning I was looking for a realistic amount to ask for and listed what I paid for each said piece last year. 

Also when I cut the barrel back and welded the VG6 epsilon on it was done by a gunsmith with NJ compliance letter. So I think it’s legitimate. 

NOT what 2008 prices were

not trying to sell it here

not starting a dumbass debate over something that really I don’t have to sell.  just want to make room so my son is safer in my home. ( which I’ve covered now ) 

• Like 2

To answer the question, if you change your mind and decide to sell, if you can get close to $2k take it.

As for who assembled the AR why should it matter? It's an AR disassemble and reassemble. ARs are not built.

12 minutes ago, TheCrazyTuna said:

I got my answer lol. That even in the gun community there is still a bunch of assholes stuck up other assholes, assholes for sure. 

Like I said in the beginning I was looking for a realistic amount to ask for and listed what I paid for each said piece last year. 

Also when I cut the barrel back and welded the VG6 epsilon on it was done by a gunsmith with NJ compliance letter. So I think it’s legitimate. 

NOT what 2008 prices were

not trying to sell it here

not starting a dumbass debate over something that really I don’t have to sell.  just want to make room so my son is safer in my home. ( which I’ve covered now ) 

Well ; we are helpers...

• Like 1

Homebuilds to me are custom unless it's obvious it's a 'shit' homebuild.  I don't look down on them the way others do in fact, I prefer homebuild than so many other brands out there given we've seen qc suck EVERYWHERE from time to time

that said, this thread is amusing for quite a bit of reasons.  Some of the responses are dkish but the op is as well.  It's everyone

• Like 2

Part the rifle out if you want the most money for it--those are nice components.  The entire rifle will fetch 1100-1300 bucks, maybe.  You can buy a complete 5.56 match grade upper from Wilson Combat for 1295.  To assemble the lower with TTU trigger, etc is another 600 bucks or so.  

If you want to sell, whole or in parts, AR15.com is the easiest place to get money for these parts.  Selling the lower is no big deal just ship to an FFL that receives from individuals and you are fine.