Sniper

Hurricane Michael - Florida going to get pounded - Cat. 4

Didn't see a thread yet. Looks like this thing gained some major strength the last few hours.

Currently a Cat 4 at landfall with 145 mph winds, with gusts to 175. Pressure down to 928. Not many buildings will sustain that.

Looks like Tyndall AFB might be vaporized, it's right in the path of the eye. They will get a 9 - 13 ft. storm surge.

GOES16-GM-13-1000x1000.gif

know what i find ironic? my brother used to live in orlando. years ago, they got whacked with a smaller hurricane.......found neighbors shit in their back yard, etc. he was terrified. so what's he do? he moves out to the west coast. where this shit's common. i can't wait to hear the wailing "poor me" shit from him.

don't get me wrong....i don't wish anything bad on anyone....but the dude's a turd

It looks like it will scoot by us, here in the Tampa Bay area.  But the panhandle will get hit hard.  I hope they survive. We're talking about upwards of 14' storm surge..  And those are very low lying areas as well. 

My favorite BBQ place in FL is out there. Gotta hope they make it!

My youngest is an FSU student in Tallahassee.  He drove back to Amelia island Monday late afternoon.  Classes announced canceled tues-fri Sunday night.  Most of his professors canceled Monday on their own.  

• Like 1

My youngest is an FSU student in Tallahassee.  He drove back to Amelia island Monday late afternoon.  Classes announced canceled tues-fri Sunday night.  Most of his professors canceled Monday on their own.  

Did you have any impact where you are? So far in St Johns just light rain although they have tornado watch in effect till 3am. Heard on the news one might have touched down in Clay.

8 hours ago, Howard said:

Did you have any impact where you are? So far in St Johns just light rain although they have tornado watch in effect till 3am. Heard on the news one might have touched down in Clay.

I’m in NYC for the giants game today but my wife said it rained but then was quite nice.  

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

My wife sent me a photo from the island and it looks like a great day there 

Yea I think the weather up there is worse than here.  My wife's plane out of Newark is delayed due to weather to come back to Jacksonville.  90 degrees and sunny here today.