SJG

A better AK? -the VSKA

Plenty of much better, higher quality options out there. 

But yet people who do not research the guns they buy will continue buying these as they did the previous garbage. That's Century's biggest customer base, unknowledgeable and uninformed clientele.

Typically the, "I just bought this gun, what's everyone's experiences with it." Maybe you should ask that question BEFORE you purchase it.

3 minutes ago, RecessedFilter said:

But yet people who do not research the guns they buy will continue buying these as they did the previous garbage. That's Century's biggest customer base, unknowledgeable and uninformed clientele.

Guilty!  I may be naive, but I love my C39v2.  

Seriously, I did a little research, and people seem to like them as much as I do.  I also have a Saiga (which I have only semi-converted), and I like that too.  

Dream On.  You get what you pay for. Yeah, you may find one at that price point but it would be junk and will not hold up--lots of cast parts. Manufacturers cannot build quality AK's at that price point and make any profit

Why is that? Last I checked production costs were around $78 in Russia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guy in Mass. Made an AK from a Sh*t Shovel he bought in NH for $5. I think his total cost was under $150.

Century AKs are overpriced junk.

Want a good AK buy a Saiga and build your own. I always got my parts from Dinzag. Prices are a little higher but everything was in stock and he provided support for build. Never had a single issue with any.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Maksim said:

WTF is the world coming to with AR's for $399 and AKs for $1k.  :facepalm:

Too bad it was the AK regulated into a $1k price.

What was the quality on the Red Jacket AK's?  Before all of their legal issues. 

get an AR for $279.98 at PSA. :rolleyes:

WTF is the world coming to with AR's for $399 and AKs for $1k.  :facepalm:
Too bad it was the AK regulated into a $1k price.
What was the quality on the Red Jacket AK's?  Before all of their legal issues. 
I read a lot of issues with Red Jacket stuff but have no first hand knowledge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 11/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, SW9racer said:

Where can one purchase a 9mm AK?  Are they conversions or built from the ground up?

sorry missed this.. 

you can not have one like I have while in NJ... the gun I have is technically a pistol.. 
it takes 9mm Glock mags.. I think I will be getting a stamp for it to make it a SBR

pak9-3.png

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

Guy in Mass. Made an AK from a Sh*t Shovel he bought in NH for $5. I think his total cost was under $150.

Century AKs are overpriced junk.

Want a good AK buy a Saiga and build your own. I always got my parts from Dinzag. Prices are a little higher but everything was in stock and he provided support for build. Never had a single issue with any.

I have put together MANY Saigas.. and they always ran well.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

Plenty of much better, higher quality options out there. 

Typically the, "I just bought this gun, what's everyone's experiences with it." Maybe you should ask that question BEFORE you purchase it.

I have no personal range time with any Century guns.. but I handled one once when hanging out with a FFl friend that came in for a transfer.. the action felt like it was polished with rocks and gravel.. and some of the gravel might still be in there.. the overall quality of this particular century gun was suspect..

43 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

sorry missed this.. 

you can not have one like I have while in NJ... the gun I have is technically a pistol.. 
it takes 9mm Glock mags.. I think I will be getting a stamp for it to make it a SBR

pak9-3.png

I have put together MANY Saigas.. and they always ran well.. 

Why bother with a stamp? That thing looks set up nicely. Is the barrel threaded? Maybe throw a suppressor on that bad boy.

• Like 1

Just now, carl_g said:

Why bother with a stamp? That thing looks set up nicely. Is the barrel threaded? Maybe throw a suppressor on that bad boy.

I bought into the whole pistol brace to try it out.. they are good.. but they are not stocks.. I did a "hypothetical mock up without illegally attaching" of a magpul CTR stock.. and I think it would be perfect for this gun.. I really wanted to go with a metal folder.. but my wife talked me out of it.. she is sure that the CTR is better.. sadly after my "hypothetical mock up without illegally attaching" I have to agree with her.. 

the pistol braces are good.. but no stock replacement.. 

its not threaded.. yet.. I have definitely considered it.. this gun suppressed.. SBR.. would be really ideal.. the gun is very small... and has virtually no recoil... and so far has been really reliable.. for a $400 gun (well the gun itself not the rest of the shit LOL) its been a solid buy.. I am actually surprised more people don't own this thing... especially with the use of common Glock mags.. 

• Like 1

I bought one, receiver does not say ak-47 GF3 Gen. Bought the one with Magpul and Zukoff stock to keep in Fl, which you can pin or you can simply get it with the wood or polymer fixed stock. Put 250 rounds through it. No issues so far. Well made and good price. Trigger is good, but I am replacing it with an AGL trigger which I have on my others.

13 minutes ago, SJG said:

I bought one, receiver does not say ak-47 GF3 Gen. Bought the one with Magpul and Zukoff stock to keep in Fl, which you can pin or you can simply get it with the wood or polymer fixed stock. Put 250 rounds through it. No issues so far. Well made and good price. Trigger is good, but I am replacing it with an AGL trigger which I have on my others.

What's it stamped with then?

19 hours ago, SJG said:

PSAK-47 Gen 3 now available in multiple configurations. Beats the VSKA IMO

They won't ship their PSAK-47's to NJ, or at least that's what they told me when I tried to order one.  It said it on their website, and they confirmed that when I called to ask. 

21 hours ago, SJG said:

PSAK-47 Gen 3 now available in multiple configurations. Beats the VSKA IMO

a rock beats the vska. one of the worst ones so far

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

They won't ship their PSAK-47's to NJ, or at least that's what they told me when I tried to order one.  It said it on their website, and they confirmed that when I called to ask. 

im having a hard time with the PSA thing on the AKs with how the gen1 and 2 went. I did look hard at getting one when they first came out, ran into the same no ship thing.