capt14k

1957 Ford Thunderbird Original Restoration

20 posts in this topic

1957 Ford Thunderbird Original professionally restored. Have original hardtop as well but that has not been restored. Original paperwork including original window sticker. Second Owner. Garage kept.

312 4 barrel engine
Built in Dearborn 10/18/57
Colonial White
Pleated Raven and Colonial White Interior
3 Speed Fordomatic Transmission
3.10:1 Axle

Under 25,000 original miles. Only a few hundred since Restoration. Runs great.

Price = $55,000

5a94ebeff13a7a44c8b817e002504617.jpg37185a96625d2e4c0506d4c27cc064aa.jpg484dac4f19e76d82799484551192bccb.jpgd65deb8efb55f8dac574ef16f463bf9b.jpg33b200c9a746a0ca2797cdef897824f5.jpg67653e91c46459707c9e989c1ef1c6aa.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4 people like this

Not sure if you want to go this route, but quite a few people I know had great results at mecum auction. some events/locations are better than others. you are allowed a reserve, and the crowds are there to buy. also try carsonline.com. or hemmings. if you like i can look into which auction is the better one to attend, expenses would be entry fee and transportation hotel costs etc. of course sellers fee, roughly when you add it up your looking at 10 percent of asking price with all I described. If you would like to chat just give me a call, I been in the hobby 30 years. Not that I think you will have any problem selling as it is a gorgeous car.

Not sure if you want to go this route, but quite a few people I know had great results at mecum auction. some events/locations are better than others. you are allowed a reserve, and the crowds are there to buy. also try carsonline.com. or hemmings. if you like i can look into which auction is the better one to attend, expenses would be entry fee and transportation hotel costs etc. of course sellers fee, roughly when you add it up your looking at 10 percent of asking price with all I described. If you would like to chat just give me a call, I been in the hobby 30 years. Not that I think you will have any problem selling as it is a gorgeous car.
Is that the auction in PA? I was thinking about going that route. My father bought the car in 1987 from some old lady who was the original owner. There is less than 25k original miles. I drove it yesterday from mechanic for regular maintenance and it drove like new.

Mecum holds auction all over the country they are second in volume only to barrett Jackson.  Barrett generally does not want reserves on cars. Mecum is the other way. If you want to get a peak at it its mecum auctions name of website
Thank you I will check it out.

Mecum Kansas city dec 6-8 is the last one for the year. good luck. call them up very friendly and will ans all questions including sales estimate on your car. lastly carsonline.com its collector car want ad. i thinks its free. I sold a 275,000 car on there. original low mileage cars always do great.

Last piece of advice dont waste your time at a no name small auction.

Mecum started doing Harrisburg a couple of years ago.  I didn’t see a date listed in their website yet.  It may be too far out for a date.  Harrisburg is usually in July/August timeframe.  Mecum.com
That must be the one a local Mauser and Gremlin collector told me about.

Carlisle show was last week, and I believe Hershey was this week. 

My old man actually just bought a ‘73 Buick from a guy down in West Chester, PA. He had a pretty impressive inventory of cars on hand, many of which were equally or more valuable than what you’ve listed here. He had stuff ranging from the 1920s to present.

He was saying he was a bit low on inventory, so perhaps he’s in the market to buy. I believe he was going to both auto shows listed above. PM me if you’d like details.

Good luck with the sale, it’s a beauty. 

What type of restoration?  need more info.

I got guys for everything, even chroming
Complete hardtop. I would say paint, little chrome, glass (think one porthole got chipped) , not sure about interior.

12 hours ago, capt14k said:

Also anyone know someone good and reasonable for restoring the hardtop? It's in good condition, but needs to match car.

there's a small restoration shop in magnolia. I think it's Schaefer and long? i'll drive by there otw home tomorrow night to get name for ye