lilred121986

15 Round Mags question

6 minutes ago, lilred121986 said:

From what i understand from the law that Mayor Ahole signed we have til December 10th to destroy, forfeit to cops or block to 10 rounds. 

Transfer to someone out of state is also an option, so that they can either make a triumphant return if the ban is overturned someday, or so that they will be waiting for you when you make an even more triumphant departure from the state. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilred121986 said:

From what i understand from the law that Mayor Ahole signed we have til December 10th to destroy, forfeit to cops or block to 10 rounds. Can i sell them before the 10th? legally?

What, you have no faith that the mag ban will be overturned or we'll get at least the injunction?

• Like 3

what about transport to and from range?  If the law doesn't go into effect until Dec, we should still be able to use them

That is the $1,000,000 question...

Some feel that the transportation law is valid, thus it is illegal to do so. Others feel that the magazine isn’t illegal until December.

The law is vague in the implication for a reason.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Screwball said:

That is the $1,000,000 question...

Some feel that the transportation law is valid, thus it is illegal to do so. Others feel that the magazine isn’t illegal until December.

agree, I don't think it's illegal as the mags are not illegal until December.  I think you can even sell them

agree, I don't think it's illegal as the mags are not illegal until December.  I think you can even sell them

You can sell them... but not to NJ residents (well, L/E can).

The legislation allows for currently owned (from the signing of the law) 11-15 rounders to be owned until the deadline. But you cannot acquire more since that law was signed. If so, a lot of FFLs in NJ wouldn’t have been sending back or converting their 15 rounders.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

what about transport to and from range?  If the law doesn't go into effect until Dec, we should still be able to use them

Some people still are using them at the range.

25 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Has anyone here heard of someone getting busted transporting 15 rounders since June?

9 minutes ago, Screwball said:

You can sell them... but not to NJ residents

Hmmm, what about selling them to the LEO's that have 17 or 19 rounders, since this new law restricts them to 15?

Has anyone here heard of someone getting busted transporting 15 rounders since June?

Nope, but a negative doesn’t prove anything...

Closest thing we had was that member who had their guns held by police, and they will not give 15 rounders back to them.

Too much confusion, because legislators don’t care for our rights. Who give a damn if a magazine is confiscated prior to the deadline? Obviously not Murphy.

As for not selling them, how does LE get that and we common fold don't?

Think you misunderstood me...

L/E can still buy 15 rounders.

Why? Don’t know... I didn’t write the law. Why do L/E get exempt from the NICS for private transfers? And how did FFL-03s get a similar exemption (granted between two 03s, and C&R firearms)?

I think if one of us wrote the law, it would be vastly different.
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried selling there’s on gunbroker or armslist? I know free America doesn’t want NJ neutered crap but is it worth it to try? Thinking to dump a bunch of my 15 round pmags 
Sell them on a CO forum.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Sell them on a CO forum.

Nobody in CO is buying 15 rounders because the people laughed at the law, most dealers laughed at the law and the ones in the cities sell 30 rounders as components, most police laughed at the law and refused to enforce it. Maybe a new shooter here and there will buy a 15 round mag, but most in CO are buying 20-30 round mags regardless of what the law says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Nobody in CO is buying 15 rounders because the people laughed at the law, most dealers laughed at the law and the ones in the cities sell 30 rounders as components, most police laughed at the law and refused to enforce it. Maybe a new shooter here and there will buy a 15 round mag, but most in CO are buying 20-30 round mags regardless of what the law says.

I agree. I have sold maybe 100 mags to CO, as apposed to 10000 to NJ, but there are buyers there.

Use AR15.com.

I have nothing to sell

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

First paragraph was addressing your statement that NOBODY in CO is buying them.

The second paragraph was meant as a suggestion to the seller. I'll try to post clearer next time.

First paragraph was addressing your statement that NOBODY in CO is buying them.  
The second paragraph was meant as a suggestion to the seller. I'll try to post clearer next time.

No worries. Just stating my position.

These threads I find ridiculous.

If the search function on the forum wasn't so bad people could be blasted for not using it, but without an improvement to the search engine we will continue to get these threads.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 5:57 PM, Sniper22 said:

Some people still are using them at the range.

Hmmm, what about selling them to the LEO's that have 17 or 19 rounders, since this new law restricts them to 15?

I'd be willing to sell all my 15 rd mags to LE at the bargin price of $200 each. If they're for use on the job the tax payers are paying anyway and those are the idiots who voted for this crap.