mjhvn

Ammunition and bullet resistant armor for home defense

Now I understand that we have a statue for self defense on one's property but what is fuzzy to me is the laws about hollow points. I want to use TAP urban for home defense which is a polymer tipped round. Now I don't need answer from people who are clueless and prefer someone how deals with the law on the legality of hollow points and/or tipped hollow points. I would prefer to use TAP urban because I live in an urban area. I understand that I can own hollow points and shoot them at a range or to hunt but you most go directly to and from those places. I also understand they could be used against you if you are a criminal. What is not clear to me is home defense fine with these rounds.

Next is bullet resistant armour. I understand you can own it and use it but just like hollow points it could be used against you if you are a criminal. I am not planning to go outside my home with armour just home defense.

Any clear and understandable explanation to both these tools in the term of legality would be appreciated. Again I prefer someone with knowledge on the Gun laws of NJ. Thanks you

-Miguel Hernandez

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Extra charge for using Hollow pointers in a crime. Legal to use for home defense, but if the shooting is ruled assault, manslaughter, whatever... they can tack on those extra charges. I'm not a Lawyer, i just like readin' on here.

• Like 1

2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Section 2C:39-3 - Prohibited weapons and devices.
https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2017/title-2c/section-2c-39-3/

f. Dum-dum or body armor penetrating bullets. (1) Any person, other than a law enforcement officer or persons engaged in activities pursuant to subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-6, who knowingly has in his possession any hollow nose or dum-dum bullet, or (2) any person, other than a collector of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics as defined in Title 18, United States Code, section 921 (a) (13) and has in his possession a valid Collector of Curios and Relics License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, who knowingly has in his possession any body armor breaching or penetrating ammunition, which means: (a) ammunition primarily designed for use in a handgun, and (b) which is comprised of a bullet whose core or jacket, if the jacket is thicker than.025 of an inch, is made of tungsten carbide, or hard bronze, or other material which is harder than a rating of 72 or greater on the Rockwell B. Hardness Scale, and (c) is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.....

(2) a. Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land, ....

• Like 1