2018 Gun Buy Back

Gun Buy Back efforts like the one being planned for the fall of 2018 have taken nearly 2000 guns off the streets of Essex County in the last five years.*  The ECBF's 2018 Bun Buy Back Initiative currently underway is a joint public-private program whereby our Foundation is working to raise the necessary funding to allow local and State law enforcement to execute a full one day "no questions asked" buy back event right here in our community.

As officers of the court, professionals and community leaders, our Board has dedicated itself to making every
effort to support this program through education, awareness and fundraising so that this effort will result in a 
substantial number of guns being taken out of circulation and, hopefully, making our Essex community 
a safe place to live, work and raise our families.

Join us now with a donation either online through the link below or by sending your donation check to 

Essex County Bar Foundation
470 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, B01
Newark, NJ  07102.

DONATE

bbsign_ecbf__picture.jpg

2018 Gun Buy Back

Gun Buy Back efforts like the one being planned for the fall of 2018 have taken nearly 2000 guns off the streets of Essex County in the last five years.*  The ECBF's 2018 Bun Buy Back Initiative currently underway is a joint public-private program whereby our Foundation is working to raise the necessary funding to allow local and State law enforcement to execute a full one day "no questions asked" buy back event right here in our community.

As officers of the court, professionals and community leaders, our Board has dedicated itself to making every
effort to support this program through education, awareness and fundraising so that this effort will result in a 
substantial number of guns being taken out of circulation and, hopefully, making our Essex community 
a safe place to live, work and raise our families.

Join us now with a donation either online through the link below or by sending your donation check to 

Essex County Bar Foundation
470 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, B01
Newark, NJ  07102.

DONATE

bbsign_ecbf__picture.jpg

For illegal guns good. Not for mine.

Having recently read about the "fruity ghost" homemade epoxy? lowers, I do wonder if anyone has successfully converted one into money at one of these. I genuinely hope they have, and have been able to make a profit off these bullshit buybacks. Or if $4 worth of parts from home depot is enough to get money, and someone has brought in an armful of homemade liberators and walked out with enough to buy a nice 1911. Hope there are lots gaming the system...

I still want to know  what happened with the firearms that were confiscated......yes, I say CONFISCATED, at the Burlington County circus event a month or so ago.

"No questions asked"?  HA!

• Like 1

there is no such thing as an illegal gun. 

Well in the world we live in NJ there is legal and illegal.
I still want to know  what happened with the firearms that were confiscated......yes, I say CONFISCATED, at the Burlington County circus event a month or so ago.
"No questions asked"?  HA!

Well if you read the story about Glock they release them back on the street.

Stafford Twp/Ocean County are doing a gun *TAKE* back:

https://www.jerseyshoreonline.com/southern-ocean/gun-take-back-scheduled/

This is not an amnesty program or buy-back event. This is geared toward those who have firearms they wish to dispose of. For instance, they inherited them from a relative and don’t wish to own them anymore.

All firearms must be unloaded when turned in, and in “safe condition.” Background checks on all weapons will be done during processing.

8 hours ago, YoungGun1967 said:

Well in the world we live in NJ there is legal and illegal.
Well if you read the story about Glock they release them back on the street.

Link?

13 hours ago, BobA said:

Anyone bringing anything to these buy back things should first give us on the forum a crack at it. Also these buy backs don’t help the (our) cause any. 

I went to one of these maybe 8 or 9 years ago and dropped off a broken, single shot 20 gauge( H&R) and a broken double barrel 12 gauge (Sears and Roebuck) and got more money than if I sold them on here as broken.  I then used the money for a new gun.  Win win

• Like 2

I went to one of these maybe 8 or 9 years ago and dropped off a broken, single shot 20 gauge( H&R) and a broken double barrel 12 gauge (Sears and Roebuck) and got more money than if I sold them on here as broken.  I then used the money for a new gun.  Win win

A buddy of mine told me he did this back in the day. Buy a couple of cheap shot guns. Saw the barrel off and cash it in at gun buy back.
  • Like 1