Sign in to follow this  
matty

Impulse buy Carbine

Or maybe I will just collect 'm all---estate sale, decent deal, cheaper than anything off GB for sure--

1943 Underwood with 1-43 Inland barrel. Among the first 2000 that Underwood produced. This has been re-parked and the slide and bolt reblued.  Pitting on recv side rails where it came in contact with the stock, parkerized over. Replacement M2 stock, not marked. M1 mag catch, lever safety. No import marks so maybe it sat rusting away somewhere until the PO got it and fixed it up. Not shot a lot after that I expect. Cheese grater was already on it.  It actually is growing on me, but I have a new handguard on order. Repro sling, oiler  and mag pouch I added.

carb2.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vicious said:

Beautiful.

My absolute favorite carbine. Possibly favorite WWII long gun.

Sorry, Nothing beats a Garand from WW2, except BAR.

• Like 2

Sorry, Nothing beats a Garand from WW2, except BAR.

AG42b is up there but the Swedes elected not to fight so I don't think it counts.

The Swiss Army Knife of WWII Rifles would be the Swiss Model U Semi Auto, 12 round, built in scope, built in Grenade Launcher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, W2MC said:

The M1 Carbine was an interesting design for its time, but having owned/shot both, I can say the AR platform is SO MUCH better in just about every way. 

As a battle rifle the AR is no doubt better than the M1 Carbine.  But the M1 Carbine wasn't designed to be a battle rifle but as a PDW.  It did a good job in that role.

9 minutes ago, rifleman said:

POS. 4x scope on it was unnecessary. 30 round mag often jammed. Unreliable. Unsafe. Not welcome in the Gun Family. Lost in a tragic boating accident. It was an impulse buy at Rays.

Sounds like it was slapped together by someone.  I've found only the GI 30rd mags were reliable.