YankeeSC

"fanny pack" type bag?

Not that I really want a fanny pack, but I see that I need something for when I am doing more athletic/outdoor type activities (like when wearing gym shorts) where a typical gun belt/holster combo won't really work.  Anyone have a concealed waist pack they like?

You may want to look at the Maxpedition Versipack models. I have both the Jumbo and Fatboy models. The Fatboy will fit a Glock 19 and the Jumbo will fit either Beretta 92FS or a Government 1911 perfectly. Also, Maxpedition make lefty versions of these models. Be aware that using them will not give you easy access like you would with a IWB/OWB holster.

Fatboy video:

Jumbo video:

Regards,

TokenEntry

I haven't tried this yet, but it's at a price point that would make it worth experimenting with how well it could work when wearing clothes like gym shorts/sweat pants that are made of material that won't support the weight of a firearm.

All great ideas guys, thanks.  Yeah I know, not so "cool".  But I'm in SC now and I can carry so I will do so every time I can! ;)

When you're biking/hiking/power walking a typical holster doesn't work on a pair of gym shorts, so you have to go with another option.  I'll pick carrying over not looking so cool.  I'm looking for something as small as possible and so far what I am finding is bigger than what I would prefer.  The Maxpedition and Hill People gear look very well made so thanks for those suggestions.

Right now the Octa and the ComfortTac are in the running.   

So here is what I decided to do, I went with 2 of them to try and and see what works best:

• The Octa seems to have a better construction (material and sewing) than the ComfortTac.  The main problem though is that it wasn't really designed for concealed carry, so while my Glock 26 fits nicely inside, there is no internal holster and it wouldn't be easy to get a quick draw.  I picked up a UM Trigger Guard to protect the trigger while it's in the pouch.
  • I also picked up the Elite Survival Systems Liberty GunPack which size-wise is exactly what I'm looking for. It's just small enough but has exactly enough room for the Glock 26 and a spare mag, and with even enough room to carry with the 15 round mag in the gun.  Since this is only a pack it requires a separate belt, and can be attached either horizontally or vertically.

I suspect I'll end up keeping both, using the Octa when I want something with more storage space.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:55 AM, Regular Guy said:

I haven't tried this yet, but it's at a price point that would make it worth experimenting with how well it could work when wearing clothes like gym shorts/sweat pants that are made of material that won't support the weight of a firearm.

I actually like that and have one. It actually works pretty well, and allows you to carry under your arm, which helps with the concealment when wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts. Obviously not as quick of a draw, but there are always trade-offs. I also like it when wearing a regular button down shirt, as it tucks the gun under the arm and makes the gun not visible, great for us slim built guys.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:31 PM, tomk62 said:

What's your choice for concealed carry when wearing gym shorts? :)

Well...I've concealed carried about 45 years.  If I conceal carry, I don't wear gym shorts.  If you want to carry you need to dress around it at times.

10 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Well...I've concealed carried about 45 years.  If I conceal carry, I don't wear gym shorts.  If you want to carry you need to dress around it at times.

We like to bike/hike/power walk.  This tends to exclude IWB options.  

5 hours ago, tomk62 said:

We like to bike/hike/power walk.  This tends to exclude IWB options.  

I hike, bike and walk all while carrying my shield IWB without any issues. No gym shorts for me though so I always have a belt on.