Sign in to follow this  
samtechlan

590 Retro, Shockwave with laser included

29 minutes ago, dajonga said:

I sent Mossberg CS an email. I will update with the results.

Mossberg customer service is the worst in the business.  Trust me.  It is worse than Taurus.  They suck

Good find @samtechlan

Mossberg customer service is the worst in the business.  Trust me.  It is worse than Taurus.  They suck

Found phone calls are better.

No issues with my SRII, the two times it went back (hammer locking up the gun and chipped forend on the first, cracked wrist on the second).

Just now, Screwball said:

Found phone calls are better.

No issues with my SRII, the two times it went back (hammer locking up the gun and chipped forend on the first, cracked wrist on the second).

Hit or miss I guess.

I had to have my credit card refund me money due to them not shipping out my order.  Even after a phone call.  

20 hours ago, dajonga said:

I have been wanting to take my 500 Persuader and replace plastic with wood to get this exact retro look. I wonder if Mossberg would sell me just the wood?

I would do this as well with my 590 except for the fact that I know the LOP would be too long.  The magpul stock fits me perfectly.

An answer from Mossberg regarding buying just the wood for my 500....

"Thank you for your email. We most likely will however currently that particular wood furniture is not available yet as the gun itself has not been released yet. I would recommend checking back early 2019 for pricing and part numbers. Thank you."

Got tired of waiting around for Mossberg and decided to gamble $30 at Numrich on a used set of wood. It is not a corncob style fore end, but the set matches and does appear to be walnut.

I am very pleased.

SeYGiJn.jpg

8MmOmCZ.jpg

On a whim, I emailed Mossberg about the Retrograde furniture again a few hours ago. A reply came back very fast....

Thank you for your email. We do offer that furniture for accessory purchase. If you send me your serial number I can get you a quote for what it would cost to make the swap. 
Sincerely,
Customer Service Team
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Still waiting to hear back on the quote. I have a 500 Cruiser wearing plastic furniture. If Mossberg is too pricey, I think I may go with another Numrich wood set for $31.25.

6 hours ago, dajonga said:

Nevermind....Mossberg got back to me and says they do NOT sell the fancy walnut as an accessory. They looked at the wrong part.

Numrich it is.

Dude, I literally emailed Mossberg today about buying the retro furniture for my own shotgun.  Their response was that all the production parts are going on shotguns and there are no sku's yet in place for extra parts. 

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Dude, I literally emailed Mossberg today about buying the retro furniture for my own shotgun.  Their response was that all the production parts are going on shotguns and there are no sku's yet in place for extra parts. 

The Universe...she works in mysterious ways.

• Crazy 1