Krdshrk

Shotgun Shoot - Clinton WMA - Sat. Nov 10th @ 9AM - NOW WITH MORE PUMPKINS

46 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Dunno @GRIZ I promise myself to do a lot of house stuff, like wood stove install. But if @Displaced Texanor @Bighungry618 Or @voyager9wanna head up... I’ll make an exception. I miss my buddy @fishnut

I like all my nephews no favorites.

I asked one of my grand daughters when she was 3 if she was going to be good.  She responded, "I'm not good, I'm funny".

30 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’m lucky to get her to shoot a handgun. 

Long gun will be next to impossible 

That's okay all Mrs Tex need bring is her grace and charm!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I'll be bringing a 20ga youth bantam weight, if it helps.

I will warn you though, it kicks just as hard as my full size 12ga, because of lack of weight.  I'm seriously thinking of trying to add some lead shot to the butt to help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sota said:

I will warn you though, it kicks just as hard as my full size 12ga, because of lack of weight.  I'm seriously thinking of trying to add some lead shot to the butt to help.

Ya @Displaced Texan, nobody here sees roadblocks! We jus make progress!

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Post-Halloween Shotgun/Pumpkin Shoot!  Pumpkins supplied by Purple Patrick!

Where:
Clinton WMA clay range in Clinton, NJ

Address:
26 New Jersey 173
Hampton, NJ 08827

When:
Saturday, November 10th

Time:
9am at the Clay range

2sdODG7.jpg

Please try and bring everything you can in terms of a gun, ammo, and clays.

A rough check list of what to bring:
- Gun(s)
- Ammo (birdshot #7.5, 8)
- Clays (Walmart's in Clinton, Flemington, and Phillipsburg generally stock them)
- Thrower if you have one
- Eyes and ears
- Shell pouch
- Beverages/snacks
- Dress appropriately for the weather (Sunblock!)
- Chair

If you can't bring some things, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, I and others will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded
Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy
Always be aware of your target/line of fire
For this range, keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

Be smart, be safe, and we will have a fun-filled day!

Attending:
1.  Krdshrk (Thrower, License)
2.  Purple Patrick (Pumpkins)
3.  samtechlan
4.  Malice4you +1
5.  Ray Ray
6.  Sota +1
7.  cabalrayz
8.  Warmaid and John

4 minutes ago, Warmaid said:

Warmaid and John

Glad to see you on here, Ronnie!  

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

My Tristar is a 20ga youth shotgun - with the recoil pad on it's super soft... My 11-87 is super soft shooting as well.

47 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

DSG is running a special on clays, two 90 count boxes for $14.00 and Remington Gun Club 12&20GA for just under $40.00 a case.

16 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

:facepalm:

Yeah, yeah... I hate Dick's too, but If I can take a loss leader off their hands, and walk out costing them money....well... 

4 hours ago, sota said:

Thanks, I have a Citori 20 gauge that doesn’t kick at all. 

She just doesn’t like shooting that much...

5 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yeah, yeah... I hate Dick's too, but If I can take a loss leader off their hands, and walk out costing them money....well... 

problem is, you're still helping them recoup some of the cost.  better for inventory to NEVER be sold, as it's a 100% loss then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

DSG is running a special on clays, two 90 count boxes for $14.00 and Remington Gun Club 12&20GA for just under $40.00 a case.

Who?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Can you show me how to use hand thrower @Malice4you

I'll attempt to show ya with mine - assuming I don't forget to bring it again...  Might want to bring helmets in case the first few throws go horribly, horribly wrong...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malice4you said:

I'll attempt to show ya with mine - assuming I don't forget to bring it again...  Might want to bring helmets in case the first few throws go horribly, horribly wrong...

@AC215 we have found these things are impossible to master!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

@Ms. 12 Gauge is the expert.  Though after using one for more than a few minutes, I certainly want my own spring or electric thrower.

You should see @Fzaetz's manual thrower on a stick... man that thing whips 'em at amazing speeds.

• Like 2