Krdshrk

Shotgun Shoot - Clinton WMA - Sat. Nov 10th @ 9AM - NOW WITH MORE PUMPKINS

7 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

I should be able to make this. My favorite time of the year to shoot right now and I sadly haven't been out to Clinton yet so definitely looking forward to this.

Should have a bunch of 12's and one 20.

Think July 1st was the last one you made.  Either that it was February 6th.

11 hours ago, Malice4you said:

@Ms. 12 Gauge is the expert.  Though after using one for more than a few minutes, I certainly want my own spring or electric thrower.

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

@AC215 we have found these things are impossible to master!

I have the "WingOne" hand thrower (https://www.amazon.com/WingOne-W1-R-Target-Thrower-Ultimate/dp/B00A0WPX82). Which works pretty well, makes for some interesting throws.

I also have some standard hand throwers that work ok, little slow to load, and if it's too cold, the plastic is little too stiff.

That's a nice hand thrower.  Definitely above and beyond the standard cheap plastic one... but also way up there in cost.  That cost as much as my basic spring thrower, lol.

Actually - if anyone wants that cheap spring thrower, I'll bring it along.  Can take it free.

10 hours ago, sota said:

Think July 1st was the last one you made.  Either that it was February 6th.

You're probably right. I've been over there a few times this year with some friends also but not in my favorite shooting months of Sept and Ouct though.

17 minutes ago, checko said:

Want to bring my stepson. Anyone have a bantam he can use?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'll have a bright pink camo 20ga bantam haha. I think there's 1 extension pad installed on the buttstock.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, checko said:

He's welcome to try the .410.

• Like 2

I bet his curiosity will overcome

He's welcome to try the .410.

Cool. Thanks.

I have to find someplace to pick up some ammo. Who has cheap target loads in Warren county?

2 minutes ago, checko said:

I bet his curiosity will overcome

Cool. Thanks.

I have to find someplace to pick up some ammo. Who has cheap target loads in Warren county?

Unfortunately there are no cheap .410 shells. anything $10 to $12 a box is cheap.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, checko said:

In all probability I'll be there.  I can bring my Beretta Yout Model (YES, it's so inscribed right outta "My Cousin Vinny") 20 ga. gas operated semi.  Around the same size as the Mossberg Bantam but less recoil since it's a gas gun :)   Sandy Muldoon borrowed it to hunt pheasants with CNJFO a while back.  She's 4' 11" and needs a Youth Model.  Nick & Alex the Sane were both on this squad too :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

You're probably right. I've been over there a few times this year with some friends also but not in my favorite shooting months of Sept and Ouct though.

I'll have a bright pink camo 20ga bantam haha. I think there's 1 extension pad installed on the buttstock.

I bought a pink camo chainsaw pole saw a while back.  none of my neighbors ever ask to borrow it.  No idea why not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AC215 said:

I have the "WingOne" hand thrower (https://www.amazon.com/WingOne-W1-R-Target-Thrower-Ultimate/dp/B00A0WPX82). Which works pretty well, makes for some interesting throws.

I also have some standard hand throwers that work ok, little slow to load, and if it's too cold, the plastic is little too stiff.

I got some spring loaded baton-like handheld contraption that is probably 40+ years old from my grandfather, and I think it would be equally useful against zombies and for launching clays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malice4you said:

I got some spring loaded baton-like handheld contraption that is probably 40+ years old from my grandfather, and I think it would be equally useful against zombies and for launching clays.

If it's what I think it is, I have one of those.

Does it look like this?

$_1.JPG

• Like 1

I do. and i'm bringing it.
In all probability I'll be there.  I can bring my Beretta Yout Model (YES, it's so inscribed right outta "My Cousin Vinny") 20 ga. gas operated semi.  Around the same size as the Mossberg Bantam but less recoil since it's a gas gun [emoji4]   Sandy Muldoon borrowed it to hunt pheasants with CNJFO a while back.  She's 4' 11" and needs a Youth Model.  Nick & Alex the Sane were both on this squad too [emoji4] 

You guys are awesome. Thanks a bunch.

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

They won't ship those to NJ .. they are evil, dangerous, illegal slingshot devices according to PRNJ.   Someone could get hit with a water balloon and get wet... oh the horror! 

23 minutes ago, Lakota said:

They won't ship those to NJ .. they are evil, dangerous, illegal slingshot devices according to PRNJ.   Someone could get hit with a water balloon and get wet... oh the horror! 

Oop you're right... sigh...  

THIS one they will as it doesn't say Slingshot in the desc.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007R1Z7T4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

THIS one might be able to launch actual pumpkins - just not the big ones...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LNI3AG4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1