Krdshrk

Shotgun Shoot - Clinton WMA - Sat. Nov 10th @ 9AM - NOW WITH MORE PUMPKINS

shoulda finished the drive.

the mobile pumpkins had taken a bunch of the front parking spots, but there was practically no on on the firing line.

i'd say about 10:30 or so we really got rocking and rolling, and the two throwers we had were pretty much chucking clays non stop until about noon-ish.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sota said:

shoulda finished the drive.

the mobile pumpkins had taken a bunch of the front parking spots, but there was practically no on on the firing line.

i'd say about 10:30 or so we really got rocking and rolling, and the two throwers we had were pretty much chucking clays non stop until about noon-ish.

No shit.. 

5 minutes ago, sota said:

oh he can come, just expect we're going to have to start shouting or dancing or something while he's shooting. :D

Well, if Ray Ray dosent pull the fire alarm next time, I have a shotty with a slightly bent barrel we can let the kid use.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Well, if Ray Ray dosent pull the fire alarm next time, I have a shotty with a slightly bent barrel we can let the kid use.

In my defense, there were fudds EVERYWHERE when I pulled up.  They and their dogs were walking the fields.  There was no parking.  

I apologize for all those who turned around or who bailed under the assumption that it was cancelled.  

Now, on to the good news.  Damn!  We had close to 30 people show up.

• Like 2

Sorry I missed this one. The wind must have been fun :)

As penance, I went out and bought a new Henry Golden Boy. I blame all of you, (at least I am going to blame it on you when I tell my wife LOL), because I wasn't able to make it this morning so I wasn't able to check out all your guns so felt I had to go look at new stuff... That chain of logic works right?

Think she'll believe me? :lol:

-Jim

• Like 1

Was great to see everyone, and to meet those of you I had not met before.

Was a great day, other than lack of parking early on. Wind made it a bit chilly, and certainly a challenge to hit those clays...what with random direction/height changes, and damn were they flying far. Quite sure we recovered at least 3 or 4 boxes of unbroken clays at the end.

Events like this are what make this place more than just a forum - getting to meet and talk to everyone makes it feel more like a community, and I can honestly say the people I have met are some of the nicest and most generous people I know. Offers to try a shotgun come from all sides if you so much as glance at one with the slightest of wistful looks.

Thanks everyone, hope to see you all again soon.

Pics may take a day or two, depending on how cooperative my workload is.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

In my defense, there were fudds EVERYWHERE when I pulled up.  They and their dogs were walking the fields.  There was no parking.  

I apologize for all those who turned around or who bailed under the assumption that it was cancelled.  

Now, on to the good news.  Damn!  We had close to 30 people show up.

You are incorrigible 

20 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Man, I’m sorry we turned around. Would have liked to have seen everyone. 

A calamity of errors 

in @Ray Ray's defense ... i was the second on site with him. It certainly seemed like it was going to be a bust .. there was no parking, orange fudds and dogs walking up and down the sides of the field, but we made it work .. people found ways to park and as the hunters slowly left it was fine.  

I think the most interesting part was the police/rangers come hauling ass in and immediately went to check out Patrick's Shockwave. looking at the measurements and such. Seemed like one knew it was fine and legal and he was show n tell'n that to the other one. This happened right at the beginning of the morning before most of the folks had even arrived.

I had a blast .. we need to do it again real soon. Oh and if a purple clay is coming up for me .. dont tell me. lol

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lakota said:

in @Ray Ray's defense ... i was the second on site with him. It certainly seemed like it was going to be a bust .. there was no parking, orange fudds and dogs walking up and down the sides of the field, but we made it work .. people found ways to park and as the hunters slowly left it was fine.  

I think the most interesting part was the police/rangers come hauling ass in and immediately went to check out Patrick's Shockwave. looking at the measurements and such. Seemed like one knew it was fine and legal and he was show n tell'n that to the other one. This happened right at the beginning of the morning before most of the folks had even arrived.

I had a blast .. we need to do it again real soon. Oh and if a purple clay is coming up for me .. dont tell me. lol

It went like this;

ray text: I dunno it’s packed here...

meh, it’s opening day, pushed back our departure.

ray post : we may not be able to do this..

scorpio text: it’s a zoo

we turn around...2 have jus made my list

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sota said:

so PP didn't get actually harassed?

and you shoulda invited them to bust a couple clays with ye before they left. :D 

Nope .. Patrick offered to let them try it if they wanted but they declined. Kinda just checked it out and left.  Seemed almost like the one had never seen one up close and personal... *shrug*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Wow that was terrific, I think the biggest shotgun or NJGF meetup in our history? 

Thanks Nick and Ray Ray for getting this together. Was awesome to see some old faces and new faces. 30 people? Yep sounds about right! 

Wow... I do all the work and Ray gets some credit.. lol.. 

• Like 2