Krdshrk

Shotgun Shoot - Clinton WMA - Sat. Nov 10th @ 9AM - NOW WITH MORE PUMPKINS

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

What did you do? Post a date....

@Ray Ray did a lot of false flag work today.

I deserve zero credit for this event.  All I did was bless it with my presence. 

Again, I apologized for sounding the alarm.  But as @Lakota said, it didn't look good.  I do believe that when we do this again we will have to make sure we have space.  We could have easily had 40 people if some here didn't do a @ChrisJM981 and bail or if I kept my mouth shut.

Who could have guessed that we would be blessed with our creator ( @Maksim ) appearance!?!  I am sure most didn't even know who he was or what he has done for the New Jersey gun community. 

Good to see old friends, good to make some new ones and hope to make many more.

• Like 3

so PP didn't get actually harassed?
and you shoulda invited them to bust a couple clays with ye before they left. [emoji3] 
No ball breaking, you know the effect it has on people. I offered to let them shoot it and he said "nah I don't need to have to buy one" or something like that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

What did you do? Post a date....

Pick a date, spread the word via here and Facebook, organized with the early attendees to get us the space we had (and yes thanks for that, @Ray Ray @Lakota and @Purple Patrick), coordinated throwers (2 electronics and both were heavily used), got the new/inexperienced shooters some much needed attention and safety training with Rosey, welcoming the new people, getting everyone to at least hit 1 clay.... 

A lot more came after this...

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, outdoor and nature

Including a guest appearance by the one and only MAKSIM!

Q4uskdQ.jpg

I think I only shot like 2 boxes of shells.

• Like 3

Sounds like a good time. I wish I could have made it. I'd like to plan another one in a few weeks, let the temp drop a little more.

PP, do you think they got a call about your Shockwave? It sounded like they went straight to you when entering. Also, were they in all tac-gear? I had an encounter at another shootout with Officer Bryce or Bryson I believe. He was a decent guy, but was very stern that only hunting shotguns are allowed on the WMA ranges. They still let you shoot it? 

Also, this is a good reason why [if we can] we don't usually have shootouts on FUDD day..I mean hunter training day. It never fails issues come up and it's always pertaining to those old cranks farts.

So good news, work went smoother and faster than expected and I made it home at a reasonable hour.  So...I present pictures. Following pictures are the "lower-resolution" versions.  If you want the full-resolution version, right-click the picture and look for something like "copy image location" and paste that into a new browser window.  Remove the 's' in front of the .jpg and hit enter.

1118clays01s.jpg
1118clays02s.jpg
1118clays03s.jpg
1118clays04s.jpg
1118clays05s.jpg
1118clays06s.jpg
1118clays07s.jpg
1118clays08s.jpg
1118clays09s.jpg
1118clays10s.jpg
1118clays11s.jpg
1118clays12s.jpg
1118clays13s.jpg
1118clays14s.jpg
1118clays15s.jpg
1118clays16s.jpg
1118clays17s.jpg
1118clays18s.jpg
1118clays19s.jpg
1118clays20s.jpg
1118clays21s.jpg
1118clays22s.jpg
1118clays23s.jpg
1118clays24s.jpg
1118clays25s.jpg
1118clays26s.jpg
1118clays27s.jpg
1118clays28s.jpg
1118clays29s.jpg
1118clays30s.jpg
1118clays31s.jpg
1118clays32s.jpg
1118clays33s.jpg
1118clays34s.jpg
1118clays35s.jpg
1118clays36s.jpg
1118clays37s.jpg
1118clays38s.jpg
1118clays39s.jpg
1118clays40s.jpg
1118clays41s.jpg

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, sota said:

the sheer number of hulls on the ground in some of those pictures... we shot A LOT of shot... not so many clays though. 

And there was at least 1 big cleanup before the final end-of-day cleanup, plus many rounds of magnet-assisted pickups.  I'd guess at least 11 or 12 boxes of clays went through one thrower, and I didn't pay as much attention to the farther right thower.

4 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

And there was at least 1 big cleanup before the final end-of-day cleanup, plus many rounds of magnet-assisted pickups.  I'd guess at least 11 or 12 boxes of clays went through one thrower, and I didn't pay as much attention to the farther right thower.

That magnet I got was one of the best investments ever, along with the thrower...  It got a workout today and kept on ticking... even in the cold.  Glad I got that big battery too.

• Like 3

I had a pretty damn good time yesterday, even with the cold wind. Had a chance to learn some stuff, shared my 20 gauge with some folks, even got to try a couple of other's sweet firearms, and saw some fine pieces of hardware. OH, YEAH, I even hit a couple of the clays!!!

The 70 year-old semi with the recoiling barrel especially impressed me! Thanks for explaining it to me.

The gent with the Tri Star semi-auto 20 Ga.  may have just added that one to my shopping list, my wife is gonna hate you!!!

I wish I could remember the names of all those I talked to,,,,,,,,,,but!  Everyone I chatted with was very nice to the newbie, thanks. 

malice4you,

Thanks for all the pics! I'd really benefit from seeing names to associate with them! I gather it was you wearing the black hat with "Malice" on it,,,

Me, 345Sire, was the short little guy with the yellow hat, thanks to all who took a minute! The rest of you, I'll  try to say hi to next time! 

14 hours ago, sota said:

if any thing, ray fucked up more than he helped. :D

Welp, he did jump right in & help this old geezer with his shells since I didn't bring a shell pouch.  That dear lad @Ray Ray blocked the wind for me so I could break 22 outta my first box with my 20 ga. SxS, lol!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sota said:

the sheer number of hulls on the ground in some of those pictures... we shot A LOT of shot... not so many clays though. 

Well i know i went through just under 125 rounds myself.   as far as the clays .. yea we certainly "threw" a lot.  Had to have been close to 4 boxes worth of "misses" picked up at the back of the field at the end of the day if not a little more. 

9 hours ago, Malice4you said:

So good news, work went smoother and faster than expected and I made it home at a reasonable hour.  So...I present pictures. Following pictures are the "lower-resolution" versions.  If you want the full-resolution version, right-click the picture and look for something like "copy image location" and paste that into a new browser window.  Remove the 's' in front of the .jpg and hit enter.

Nice pictures, thanks

9 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

Sounds like a good time. I wish I could have made it. I'd like to plan another one in a few weeks, let the temp drop a little more.

PP, do you think they got a call about your Shockwave? It sounded like they went straight to you when entering. Also, were they in all tac-gear? I had an encounter at another shootout with Officer Bryce or Bryson I believe. He was a decent guy, but was very stern that only hunting shotguns are allowed on the WMA ranges. They still let you shoot it? 

Also, this is a good reason why [if we can] we don't usually have shootouts on FUDD day..I mean hunter training day. It never fails issues come up and it's always pertaining to those old cranks farts.

Yea somebody had to have said something. It hasn't even been shot yet .. in fact this was before any of us took a single shit.  It simply was pulled out and it leaning against the wood stand. We saw them pull in and within a minute of that they came walking over and what seemed to be aiming straight for that.  Now maybe they just came over to see in general and spotted that first .. dont know.   They never bothered to ask any questions to us or ask for anyone's license. And yes they were dressed up what i would considered tactical.  That may be the norm for the WMA but out and about town it would have been considered tac-gear. They never said it couldn't be shot and ultimately i think there were three of them there and all of them were being used at one point or another. 

53 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Yea somebody had to have said something. It hasn't even been shot yet .. in fact this was before any of us took a single shit.  It simply was pulled out and it leaning against the wood stand. We saw them pull in and within a minute of that they came walking over and what seemed to be aiming straight for that.  Now maybe they just came over to see in general and spotted that first .. dont know.   They never bothered to ask any questions to us or ask for anyone's license. And yes they were dressed up what i would considered tactical.  That may be the norm for the WMA but out and about town it would have been considered tac-gear. They never said it couldn't be shot and ultimately i think there were three of them there and all of them were being used at one point or another. 

No, I don't think they had any calls for said firearm.  They pulled up to the 3 guys to our right first and then walked towards us.  The one dude new exactly what it was and was explaining to the other, less knowledgable dude, how it was legal.   Patty asked if he wanted to shoot it and declined the offer.  Had he seen mine, he would have jumped at the opportunity. 

If someone called them then they had the fastest response time I've ever seen.

When I've been there before on opening day I've seen staties drive threw with their cruisers in regular uniform. These guys were kitted up in full plate carriers in an unmarked Ford truck so maybe they stepped their game up. Like previously mentioned it's practically a war zone there

Nice guys, I wish they shot it. With that said it isn't a shotgun so I'm sure they could have busted my balls if they wanted to. Whole it's a firearm not a shotgun thing could work against us in this situation. Won't stop me from bringing it next time

@RecessedFilter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 345Sire said:

The gent with the Tri Star semi-auto 20 Ga.  may have just added that one to my shopping list, my wife is gonna hate you!!!

That was mine.  Glad you liked it!  

It's a Tristar Viper G2 Youth.  The two-stock model:

https://www.tristararms.com/products/semi-automatic-shotguns/viper-g2-series/viper-g2-youth/

and it's not that expensive...

https://tsswarehouse.com/shop/tristar-viper-g2-youth-20ga-3-24-vr-ct-3-w-2-syn-stocks-tristar-24130/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

That was mine.  Glad you liked it!  

It's a Tristar Viper G2 Youth.  The two-stock model:

https://www.tristararms.com/products/semi-automatic-shotguns/viper-g2-series/viper-g2-youth/

and it's not that expensive...

https://tsswarehouse.com/shop/tristar-viper-g2-youth-20ga-3-24-vr-ct-3-w-2-syn-stocks-tristar-24130/

Hannukah is coming, hmmm!

Thanks loads! 20 Ga. loads that is!!! :p

5 hours ago, Lakota said:

You can't blame Conservation Police Officers for being kitted up.  After all they are usually going into situations where they know for sure the people they're going to talk to have guns.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

I would think it went something like this...

Some regular hunter guy gets there and starts seeing new faces and a crowd develop and a guy who has a gun that looks "tacticool" so he calls in a tip or to one of his buddies.

7 hours ago, 345Sire said:

The 70 year-old semi with the recoiling barrel especially impressed me! Thanks for explaining it to me.

You should have shot it, I always welcome anyone to try out any of my shotguns. It's a Remington Model 11. Based of of the Browning A-5.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, Ray Ray said:

In my defense, there were fudds EVERYWHERE when I pulled up.  They and their dogs were walking the fields.  There was no parking.  

I apologize for all those who turned around or who bailed under the assumption that it was cancelled.  

Now, on to the good news.  Damn!  We had close to 30 people show up.

• Like 1