diamondd817

Private Sales of Handguns

6 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I'm here till Tuesday; TRY THE VEAL :) 

This one, I think is from Godfather

53 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

My point exactly!  GIVE THAT MAN A SEEGAAAAAAAAAR!

This one, I do not know

12 hours ago, SW9racer said:

So, what happens if:

1. Buyer and seller meet at FFL.

2. Buyer pays seller.

3. Seller hands pistol over to FFL.

4. Seller leaves with no responsibility to fill out or mail in P2P forms.

5. FFL runs nics and it comes back as Denied.

6. Buyer contacts seller to come back to the shop and give a ‘partial’ refund.

However, as the pistol was needed to be in the ffl’s books before doing the nics check, the Pistol is now registered to the ffl. So seller needs to get another permit to transfer back to themselves before trying to sell again??

Seller and buyer have two options when doing a transfer at an FFL:

1)  Seller drops off the firearm at the dealer either before or at the time of the sale, gets paid and let the buyer worry about what happens to the firearm if the NICS check is denied.

2)  Buyer and seller meet at the FFL and wait for the NICS check to be completed. Once approval is granted buyer pays seller and buyer leaves with firearm. Dealer only books firearm into A&D book once NICS approval is granted. If the NICS is denied, seller leaves with firearm and transaction is not completed. Seller would not need to do a NICS check or use a PPP to take gun back since it was never turned over to FFL nor booked into dealer's A&D book.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

Seller and buyer have two options when doing a transfer at an FFL:

1)  Seller drops off the firearm at the dealer either before or at the time of the sale, gets paid and let the buyer worry about what happens to the firearm if the NICS check is denied.

2)  Buyer and seller meet at the FFL and wait for the NICS check to be completed. Once approval is granted buyer pays seller and buyer leaves with firearm. Dealer only books firearm into A&D book once NICS approval is granted. If the NICS is denied, seller leaves with firearm and transaction is not completed. Seller would not need to do a NICS check or use a PPP to take gun back since it was never turned over to FFL nor booked into dealer's A&D book.

Correct there are 2 ways...   I choose to do it just as i log any other gun.. I want to avoid any mistakes when we are jammed up with customers. Plus it also requires 2 people to hang around while you wait for nics which can take 5 min or 5 hours.  I assume the seller cant leave the firearm and come back as he has to maintain possession during this time. What does the dealer do if they decide to not come back regardless of nics response etc etc.

I will tell both parties my process and they can choose to go ahead or find another FFL that will do it with method #2...

I got another question.  Lets say you go with method 2.

2 guys show up. you do paperwork, run nics and he is denied. 

what do you charge for the Nics and failed transfer considering you pretty much did the majority of the paperwork and it must be kept in your records forever?

I ask because i have never had a Nics denial on a transfer.. the one i had was for a firearm i sold so there is no transfer fee.

What does the dealer do if they decide to not come back regardless of nics response etc etc.

The NICS is "cancelled" and you file the form separately with the "denied".

what do you charge for the Nics and failed transfer considering you pretty much did the majority of the paperwork and it must be kept in your records forever?

I suggest getting payment for the NICS and your transfer fee up front.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Just wait until you get super busy doing F2Fs. Double your fee, maybe lose half your customers, do half the work, and make the same money. LOL

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

I hear there is a new shop opening in Jamesburg that will pick up the slack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear there is a new shop opening in Jamesburg that will pick up the slack.

I think he’s going to offer those free transfers as a draw to get them in the door. I think they called it concessionary zero sum gain, I forget it was complicated.

I think he’s going to offer those free transfers as a draw to get them in the door. I think they called it concessionary zero sum gain, I forget it was complicated.

Something like that