Sign in to follow this  
louu

Glock certificate questions

So how does it work in this state? 

Do I order it myself and just tell them what ffl to send it to? 

Does the ffl have to order it?

Most importantly how long does it take? Don't want my permission slip to expire while I'm wating? 

6 minutes ago, PK90 said:

I don't know to what you are referring.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

What do I do with the paper? Just fill it out with my ffls info and mail it in myself? Does the ffl have to fill it out or do anything with it?

How long does it take to get there? I'm concerned about my pistol p2p expiring. 

I believe Glock needs a copy of the receiving FFL as well as the award certificate.  Some FFLs don’t like to hand those out to customers, but you can go in with an adressed envelope and your certificate and the dealer will add his FFL copy and mail it.  Don’t forget to enclose payment for any upcharge if you are upgrading from a base-level gun. 

Timing is tricky, as it can take months for Glock to ship.  Common models ship faster, oddballs that they only do a run of periodically can take longer.   If you don’t already have a permit, ordering first, waiting a bit (depending on how long your town takes) then applying for your permit will increase odds of the timing working out.

Nothing really odd, maybe an MOS model, but common calibers.  I seem to recall waiting a couple of months.  They don’t make shipping free guns to people a high priority.   :-)

a G17L is an example of a harder to get gun   They only make batches of the longslides occasionally