45Doll

H&K Goes West: VP9-B

If you train and carry an HK, muscle memory is fine.
I mentioned this before. I practice regularly with most of my guns. My hand(s), fingers, know exactly were to go as soon as they are in my hand.
IMHO, all guns should have releases like the HK. You don’t have to contort your hands, twist, etc. My trigger finger hits the release with no effort at the same time my mag is ready to go in. EZ PZ....
Whats even nicer is the size of your hand really makes no difference.
I agree, I’ll stick with the style I trained and carried for years.
If I want a button, I have Sigs and 1911’s for that. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like the H&K paddle release opposed to a thumb release. It's a lot more comfortable, for me at least. That's was the major reason why I got the VP9 instead of the PPQ.

Will this sell? Most definitely, without question. But i'm not sure if it will give the competition a run for it's money like it appears to have been intended to. 

Sorry, the paddle release is an easier way of releasing the magazine.  Especially for a lefty.  These will sell, but I will not buy the VP9sk with this magazine release setup.

I’ve been shooting my father’s USP Compact (.40 with LEM) in preparation for FLETC, as CBP issues the P2000.

I absolutely hate it. It is different, and can be adapted to, but I’ve felt the same way about it since I first shot an H&K. When everything else you shoot is push in, pushing down isn’t instinctive. Damn, Germans.

Don’t know if the VP9 is eligible for the CBP trials (three different sizes with interchangeability or modularity, red dot capable, and a few others), but I do know they allowed either the standard release or H&K style in the specifications. So it isn’t a growth from there.

It is weird to see H&K do something like that, unless there is a major trial they were looking to enter. Or maybe they just saw a bump in sales from Walther going the same route with the PPQ.

Sorry, the paddle release is an easier way of releasing the magazine.  Especially for a lefty.  These will sell, but I will not buy the VP9sk with this magazine release setup.

I didn’t see them saying an SK version was out did they?

17 minutes ago, bhunted said:

I didn’t see them saying an SK version was out did they?

It has to be on the way.  Are the magazines interchangeable between both VP9 models?

The paddle release is actually quite nice. I can use my trigger finger just fine, but I find that using my support hand to do the job is the best. My support hand is going that way anyway, so why not just hit the mag release and grab the empty magazine in one motion? With that said, there is something to be said for consistency. I have no plans to buy a Glock because they point differently than every other pistol I own, so it wouldn't be a bad thing if each of my pistols had the same magazine release. I have no intention of ever selling my VP9 with the paddle, but if a good deal came along for one, I'd be tempted to buy the push button model.

Interesting. I’ve yet to handle a VP9, but it’s near the top of my list for next handgun, and the paddle release was one of several reasons why, especially as a left handed shooter. 

I don’t discount the need/desire for consistency, especially if you’re in the mindset of “training” with your guns rather than just shooting them. For that reason, I think it’s great that this version will have a push button mag release. From what I’ve heard/read, it is an excellent gun, it seems a shame that something like a mag release would be the reason why people couldn’t enjoy it. 

However, when the time comes, I have a feeling I’ll be purchasing the original version. I also have a feeling I’ll find myself part of the group that prefers the paddle release. Won’t know until I actually try it, just a feeling I have. 

The VP9 is an incredibly comfortable pistol to shoot. The finger grooves, the grip texturing, and even with the polymer frame, the muzzle doesn't rise much even shooting quickly. I've shot a Walther with the paddle release and didn't realize the VP9 had a paddle until I shot one last Sunday at the RTSP meetup. It was a little awkward but once @JMich3 showed me a smooth way of using it, it didn't bother me. 

When I first shoot a new gun, I rate them on a scale of comfortability, how they shoot, and aesthetics. The VP9 was a 10/10/9. What an awesome pistol!

Needless to say, the VP9B will be getting ordered soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RecessedFilter said:

The VP9 is an incredibly comfortable pistol to shoot. The finger grooves, the grip texturing, and even with the polymer frame, the muzzle doesn't rise much even shooting quickly. I've shot a Walther with the paddle release and didn't realize the VP9 had a paddle until I shot one last Sunday at the RTSP meetup. It was a little awkward but once @JMich3 showed me a smooth way of using it, it didn't bother me. 

When I first shoot a new gun, I rate them on a scale of comfortability, how they shoot, and aesthetics. The VP9 was a 10/10/9. What an awesome pistol!

Needless to say, the VP9B will be getting ordered soon.

Only a 9 for aesthetics? My VP9 is going to be insulted!:D

2 hours ago, Luke_WO said:

Interesting. I’ve yet to handle a VP9, but it’s near the top of my list for next handgun, and the paddle release was one of several reasons why, especially as a left handed shooter. 

I don’t discount the need/desire for consistency, especially if you’re in the mindset of “training” with your guns rather than just shooting them. For that reason, I think it’s great that this version will have a push button mag release. From what I’ve heard/read, it is an excellent gun, it seems a shame that something like a mag release would be the reason why people couldn’t enjoy it. 

However, when the time comes, I have a feeling I’ll be purchasing the original version. I also have a feeling I’ll find myself part of the group that prefers the paddle release. Won’t know until I actually try it, just a feeling I have. 

Where do you regularly shoot? Your welcome to try my VP9 one day

I love the paddle release. Two reasons I don’t have a VP9 is because of those stupid wings on the back, and again (HK problem) too big for 15 rounds standard.

As Sota said, they can be removed. But too big for a 15 rounder?
Don’t understand that one. Its not really that big. If round count isn’t an issue, get an SK. I carry either or comfortably even with my spare tire. [emoji23][emoji6]

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Probably meant that for the size of the gun, should have a higher capacity. Look at Glock... full size 9mm holds 17.

It was a bigger argument with older guns, like the Beretta 92 and SIG P226.

Beretta M9A3 has native 17 rounders.. 17 round mags can be had.