45Doll

Concealed Carry Lesson Learned

I read this article this morning about a 'panhandling' scenario someone encountered back in 2008. I thought it was worth reading, because the lesson learned was don't assume there isn't someone out there smarter, faster and possibly better armed than you.

It also lays out the details of the potential assault that could have been really nasty. There were a couple of new wrinkles for me to consider. See what you think.

• Like 1

A delicate situation for sure. I would have liked to know how it ended. Their approach (kids on bikes) was well thought out and practiced. Every unique Situation dictates unique response. Mental gymnastics, scenarios must be played out in your head until it becomes second nature. I wont comment other than having a presence (not tough guy approach that may provoke a challenge from stupid I dont care what happens kids), but a confident stern are you sure you want to do this approach may work. The bad guys arent used to someone not automatically caving in to their "Asking for donations" Definitely thought provoking. 

1 minute ago, BobA said:

I would assume since he was inside and they were out he 911’ed his way out of it. Still it would be good to know for certain. 

Probably, Lets assume this wasn't an option for whatever reason. That's what you got to think about. No right answer, but interested in hearing what then?

That story sounds fishy to me.

Not the tactics used by the bad guys - that’s totally believeable. But the author’s response to so many warning signs is what’s unbelievable to me.

I was with him until he decides to go into the store and leave his wife alone so he can use the rest room anyway - even after he witnessed another car that pulls in and is immediately accosted by even more dongs. He figures out their tactics, their numbers, and his inability to respond in a worst case scenario and he stays there? Seriously? No.

You get your gas and you go after the first time you are asked for money. No one has to pee that badly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peter Goldwing said:

I had a similar encounter at a gas station In GA. I think I have posted it here someplace.

repost and add to knowledge

6 hours ago, High Exposure said:

That story sounds fishy to me.

Not the tactics used by the bad guys - that’s totally believeable. But the author’s response to so many warning signs is what’s unbelievable to me.

I was with him until he decides to go into the store and leave his wife alone so he can use the rest room anyway after another car pulls in and is accosted by even more dongs. Seriously? No. You get your gas and go. No one has to pee that badly.

yes pee in the bushes down the road

• Like 1