stevedabutcher

Looking for long gun suggestions

Greetings folks!

Just a little background... I have been an avid sportmen for the last 25 yrs. Moved to NJ back in 2000 from PA. I've had many handguns and shotguns over the years but never owned a long gun with the exception of a 22 rim fire for plinking. I have my NJ Fid and have made handgun purchases in NJ in the past few years. Since the laws changed recently I was considering an AR model due to the versatility of it usefulness hunting, long range traget, home defense. I am now considering other options since Murphy's Law(s). If anyone had any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any input they may have. I'm looking to stay around $600-700 price range or less.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ruger Mini 14, Ruger Scout, Henry Big Boy, Ruger American Hunter or American Predator, Mossberg MVP, Mil-Surplus such as a Springfield M1 Garand, 1903, or an Enfield or Mauser all fall within $600-!000.

• Like 2

Yeah I stopped in my local shop and was waying a few options. His prices were a little high IMO but there compared to online pricing.

Considering the following.
Mini 14
Springfield M1
Stag AR

Ruger Mini 14, Ruger Scout, Henry Big Boy, Ruger American Hunter or American Predator, Mossberg MVP, Mil-Surplus such as a Springfield M1 Garand, 1903, or an Enfield or Mauser all fall within $600-!000.

what caliber are you more inclined to gravitate towards, size of barrel, and then let's get you a rifle

do not worry about murphy's laws.....

buy what you want and enjoy

On 10/27/2018 at 9:15 PM, stevedabutcher said:

Yeah I stopped in my local shop and was waying a few options. His prices were a little high IMO but there compared to online pricing.

Considering the following.
Mini 14
Springfield M1
Stag AR

those choices are kind of all over.  mini14 isn't really regarded for accuracy, m1 is 308 and stag AR is fine but you can do better at that price point.  You say hunting, target, home defense etc, that's a lot for one platform

On 11/2/2018 at 3:52 PM, mossburger said:

Buy a stripped AR lower. This you'll need FID and FFL.

You can then order complete rifle kits in any caliber, configuration, barrel length, etc. Straight to your door, any time with literally thousands of options.

Your one lower can be 2, 3, 4, 5+ different firearms.

This. I have two AR's that I built from two stripped lowers. If you look around for deals you can built an AR-15 for cheap.