voyager9

Murphy proposed new gun laws after Pittsburgh

so when/how the hell do we get rid of this dick? there is no way this state will survive him for his full term. isn't there a reasonable wqay to recall him? 
He was voted in by the majority. The majority of New Jersey residents like him. You, as a gun lover, are the minority. And always will be.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 3

And btw, does he have a weekly meeting with these people, or what?

Where is @capt14k? Because MDA really is a "cabal". He won't even meet with gun rights groups. We are ALL his constituents. Perhaps we should start forcing his hand...

"Speaking to an audience of women in red T-shirts labeled "Moms Demand Action," the Democratic governor decried the Saturday attack on Jewish worshipers by a man who reportedly voiced virulently anti-Semitic views."

• Like 1

You're exactly right. I was personally never big on "social conservatism" - and frankly, I'm still not. That said, I've seen enough credible studies by social scientists to convince me that you cannot address the problem of violence in our cities without addressing, first and foremost, the 70+ percent out-of-wedlock birth rate among young Black women. It is a disaster for inner city communities on multiple levels. First, it creates the poverty that drives crime (that's been proven all around the globe - single-parent households have much higher poverty levels). Second, the lack of a normal "family structure" then sends kids in search of a substitute family, which too often comes in the form of a gang. Inner city communities have a deep-rooted and complicated set of problems - historic, economic, social, cultural - it's not like it's a problem with one root cause, there's probably at least a dozen causes. And some of those, unfortunately, are "hot button" issues that immediately make people shriek racism, put their fingers in their ears, and shut down the conversation (none of which, of course, actually helps those communities).  

Well put. So very true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

You're exactly right. I was personally never big on "social conservatism" - and frankly, I'm still not. That said, I've seen enough credible studies by social scientists to convince me that you cannot address the problem of violence in our cities without addressing, first and foremost, the 70+ percent out-of-wedlock birth rate among young Black women. It is a disaster for inner city communities on multiple levels. First, it creates the poverty that drives crime (that's been proven all around the globe - single-parent households have much higher poverty levels). Second, the lack of a normal "family structure" then sends kids in search of a substitute family, which too often comes in the form of a gang. Inner city communities have a deep-rooted and complicated set of problems - historic, economic, social, cultural - it's not like it's a problem with one root cause, there's probably at least a dozen causes. And some of those, unfortunately, are "hot button" issues that immediately make people shriek racism, put their fingers in their ears, and shut down the conversation (none of which, of course, actually helps those communities).  

You have just spoken a truth that most dare not speak. Hats off to you for your honesty and courage! Now off to 1A because your post has violated political correctness on many fronts. Good for you Mrs. Peel!:)

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Of course they can’t say that since it is a disaster of their own making. They risk their biggest voting block. 

In some respects, yes. But it's complicated. If you're born to a single mom whose baby daddy is in prison, guess what? That's your behavioral model. You are likely to model your own life the very same way. Doesn't make you a bad person... it just means you had shitty role models. I have tremendous sympathy for people who don't get the benefit of good parenting - they are at a huge disadvantage in life. It's too easy to sit in judgment, so I don't want it to sound like I'm judging these young people. Most of them are really "lost".  But, we have to stop sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that some of these social/cultural factors are not HUGE problems, because they are.

• Like 2

Hopefully this will wake up the Liberal Gun Owners and make them realize voting D = More Senseless Gun Control. You I am not a single issue voter kiss my ass and either start voting Republican down the line or sell your firearms. ANJRPC make a statement and do nothing as usual. One lawsuit at time is not going to work when they are passing 6 laws at a time. Where is that backroom deal with Sweeney? All bullshit. We need a grassroots NJ organization to counter MDA. NJ2AS wasn't a bad idea, but they never had the support or leadership. Until the above happens this state is sunk. Lawsuits, lawsuits, and more lawsuits. So many lawsuits that the AG doesnt have time to discuss new gun laws with the governor because every minute is spent defending the lawsuits. Which means we need money. We need Koch brothers money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have just spoken a truth that most dare not speak. Hats off to you for your honesty and courage! Now off to 1A because your post has violated political correctness on many fronts. Good for you Mrs. Peel![emoji4]

Stick the political correctness up your ass

In some respects, yes. But it's complicated. If you're born to a single mom whose baby daddy is in prison, guess what? That's your behavioral model. You are likely to model your own life the very same way. Doesn't make you a bad person... it just means you had shitty role models. I have tremendous sympathy for people who don't get the benefit of good parenting - they are at a huge disadvantage in life. It's too easy to sit in judgment, so I don't want it to sound like I'm judging these young people. Most of them are really "lost".  But, we have to stop sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that some of these social/cultural factors are not HUGE problems, because they are.

You don’t have to be politically correct. That’s what is ruining this country.

21 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

In some respects, yes. But it's complicated. If you're born to a single mom whose baby daddy is in prison, guess what? That's your behavioral model. You are likely to model your own life the very same way. Doesn't make you a bad person... it just means you had shitty role models.

This actually is a problem in ALL households at different levels. Everyone is a "Victim of their Environment" that they grew up in. A kid will model whatever behavior is exhibited by the parents.

23 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I have tremendous sympathy for people who don't get the benefit of good parenting - they are at a huge disadvantage in life.

I see this happening with the current group of young kids being raised by electronic devices, and NOT by both of their parents.

24 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Most of them are really "lost".  But, we have to stop sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that some of these social/cultural factors are not HUGE problems, because they are.

And this fits some of the recent "white boy" school shooters too, who grew up in broken families.

But for some reason with the Democrats, it's ALWAYS the gun's fault.

• Like 2

If NJ only had "Common Sense Gun Laws" like Chicago, it could be the same Utopia, free from gun violence!

Oh, wait....

At least 26 people shot on Sunday, the second most violent day of the year in Chicago

Over this past weekend, at least 42 people were shot, five of them fatally, including a 16-year-old boy, according to data kept by the Tribune. Nearly half of those shootings occurred in the Englewood police district on the South Side and the Harrison and Austin districts on the West side -- neighborhoods that have borne the brunt of violence this year.

That level of violence has been surpassed only once before in the city this year: on Aug. 5 when at least 41 people were shot over seven hours. A total of 75 people were shot that weekend, the most violent in Chicago in at least two years.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-violence-shootings-20181027-story.html

• Like 2

If NJ only had "Common Sense Gun Laws" like Chicago, it could be the same Utopia, free from gun violence!
Oh, wait....

At least 26 people shot on Sunday, the second most violent day of the year in Chicago

Over this past weekend, at least 42 people were shot, five of them fatally, including a 16-year-old boy, according to data kept by the Tribune. Nearly half of those shootings occurred in the Englewood police district on the South Side and the Harrison and Austin districts on the West side -- neighborhoods that have borne the brunt of violence this year.
That level of violence has been surpassed only once before in the city this year: on Aug. 5 when at least 41 people were shot over seven hours. A total of 75 people were shot that weekend, the most violent in Chicago in at least two years.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-violence-shootings-20181027-story.html

It’s sad but true. People don’t understand that people need to protect themselves

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PK90 said:

He was voted in by the majority. The majority of New Jersey residents like him. You, as a gun lover, are the minority. And always will be.

Correction:

He was voted in by the majority of voters. Over half of our registered voters did not vote. The majority of residents don’t like him. BAD POLITICIANS ARE ELECTED BY GOOD PEOPLE THAT DON’T VOTE

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PK90 said:

And this is the exact reason WHY as a gun owner you MUST leave this state .....

You can fight while here but you CANNOT win....the numbers do not play to our victory....

Your a minority as has been stated and even those who 'support' the 2a dont really support it.

• Like 1

Correction:
He was voted in by the majority of voters. Over half of our registered voters did not vote. The majority of residents don’t like him. BAD POLITICIANS ARE ELECTED BY GOOD PEOPLE THAT DON’T VOTE
CORRECTION:
...Over half of our registered voters did not vote, INCLUDING Democrats. Why do you think elections are called with 10% of the votes counted? It's a proportional thing. More Democrats didn't vote than Republicans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Correction:

Closer to 70% didn’t vote...but you are exactly right. He got it because it was not a national election and people did not care. And I would bet half of that 70% didn’t even know who was running...

13 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Okay, maybe my memory is getting really bad, but didn't I hear or read that this alleged shooter was, in fact, (unfortunately for us) a licensed gun owner?

If I am correct, then having a "smart gun" that only works for the owner would have done nothing to stop this person.

Just one more absurd example of passing more and more laws that already have federal versions that aren't getting properly enforced. And that will not prevent ill-minded people from doing ill to others.

50 minutes ago, PK90 said:

CORRECTION:
...Over half of our registered voters did not vote, INCLUDING Democrats. Why do you think elections are called with 10% of the votes counted? It's a proportional thing. More Democrats didn't vote than Republicans.

I believe the bulk of non-voters were actually the independent or otherwise not committed voter. The point is apathy and disenfranchised idiots. Apathetic voters are just lazy fucks. But since the whole Bush-Gore thing many voters think their vote doesn’t count when in fact the electoral process only applies in s presidential election. I feel between those two examples most voters are exactly where politicians want them. There and high. 

The fact that most of those people get their daily news from social media does not help. Revisionists are alive and well, and they are very busy trying to win the hearts and minds of the electorate. They just don’t stop...

10 hours ago, PK90 said:

Agreed.  He does not want you in his state, but he does want your tax dollars to pay for this stuff. Unless you can convert over the large voting block of newark and trenton, you will never get the majority needed to stop this. Move now to a state that does have that slim majority, they need your help to maintain that lead, a place where your tax dollars are spent on things you believe in.  You will also get side benefits of much lower taxes, lower cost of living, and better quality of life. Toss grandma in the back of the truck and take her with you.  You cannot afford to stay any longer 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Oh, wait....

"If NJ only had "Common Sense Gun Laws" like Chicago, it could be the same Utopia, free from gun violence!

Oh, wait..."

This is the part that gets me  so danged much,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Assembly Majority Leader Louis Greenwald, D-Camden, backed Murphy's call, saying he hoped lawmakers would act on a package of bills — some new, others previously vetoed — by early next year."

followed a bit farther by:

"Greenwald said the proposed new measures would "protect the Second Amendment" and "do not intrude into that right."."

3 hours ago, 345Sire said:

Okay, maybe my memory is getting really bad, but didn't I hear or read that this alleged shooter was, in fact, (unfortunately for us) a licensed gun owner?

Yes, correct. Legally purchased and had a CCW permit.

If I am correct, then having a "smart gun" that only works for the owner would have done nothing to stop this person.

Correct again.

I think the point of the Smart gun is so the boys in the 'hood can't pass them around. But there's plenty of non-smart guns that they can get.

Just one more absurd example of passing more and more laws that already have federal versions that aren't getting properly enforced. And that will not prevent ill-minded people from doing ill to others.

Exactly correct, but many politicians haven't been known to be intelligent, and in many cases, couldn't make it in the private sector, that's why they jumped into the public sector, so they can live off of sucking the taxpayers tit.