voyager9

Murphy proposed new gun laws after Pittsburgh

The next step in the Progressive Plan of the Glorious Peoples Republik of Nazi Jersey will be to limit the amount of ammo one can purchase over a period of a time. You'll be required to account for (and turn in to an appropriate authority) your spent brass so they know you're not hoarding ammo for illicit purposes.
The end game is to totally disarm the non-LEO/Military populace of this state. It will be a shining example for the rest of the nation.

You can always reload
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

The next step in the Progressive Plan of the Glorious Peoples Republik of Nazi Jersey will be to limit the amount of ammo one can purchase over a period of a time. You'll be required to account for (and turn in to an appropriate authority) your spent brass so they know you're not hoarding ammo for illicit purposes.

The end game is to totally disarm the non-LEO/Military populace of this state. It will be a shining example for the rest of the nation.

The next phase will be to ban online ammo sales and mandate all ammo purchases go through an FFL with a background check.  The goal is to add barrier after barrier, cost after cost, and make it as hard as possible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

The next step in the Progressive Plan of the Glorious Peoples Republik of Nazi Jersey will be to limit the amount of ammo one can purchase over a period of a time.

NY actually tried to pull that off when they passed the SAFE Act. They were only going to allow double what your mag held, purchased monthly.

They got so much heat, they removed it from the bill.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

The next phase will be to ban online ammo sales and mandate all ammo purchases go through an FFL with a background check.

I hope you're well stocked up NOW!

• Like 1

Serious question:  So what exactly is the State Police supposed to do with the information regarding my ammo purchases?  They know I have a FID card.  They know when I buy guns (4473, NICS checks, etc).  They know I hunt since they issue the license and permits.  They know I'm a member of the shooting range because current state law mandates ranges must provide a list of members to the State Police.  I shoot in matches so I buy bulk ammo.  So now they will know when/how much ammo I buy for all my gun activities. 

I don't see the point in now starting a tracking list of who is legally buying ammo.  When I buy ammo, my name will be on that list just like its on their other lists of legal gun activities I already participate in. Then what?  Are they gonna make it illegal to buy ammo if you don't have a gun?  Are they gonna make you provide a monthly expenditure report on the usage of all your rounds? Is there going to be a purchasing cap on ammo?  I mean this is not going to deter me from buying ammo since my name is already on every stupid list they already got going.  I say fuck 'em.  Keep shootin'.

Our new Governor is an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Yeah I’ll sweep up my Ammo at the range for them and send it to them. That’s funny.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:00 PM, Sniper22 said:

Yep, version 2.0 on deck....

...."The governor said gun violence is not something that can be eliminated through “a single magic law” but requires constant attention to close any loopholes that are exposed.

He’s calling for a comprehensive package of legislation, his “gun safety package 2.0,”

http://nj1015.com/how-murphy-plans-to-restrict-guns-and-ammo-after-pittsburgh/?fbclid=IwAR1NzkWX5SNkEYe_MQl3JNYrFBfpJM9OfhBS2j72QxXrihndvexHLnnabzc

...." Another measure already in the pipeline would more closely regulate the sale of ammunition, requiring a photo ID, and “we would bar individuals disqualified from owning a gun from purchasing or ammunition, closing that loophole.”

Apparently, Gov. Asshole doesn't know in many places you need to show a FID card to purchase ammo NOW, which already shows that a person is "qualified" to purchase it. Does his A.G. advise him on the CURRENT laws on the books so he doesn't look like a complete jackass?

...." All sales of handgun ammunition would have to be reported to the State Police. "

Any of you guys that purchase online better have Christmas come early and have the truck show up. Your days are numbered.......

Ammo sales are already reported to State Police.

Dealers keep a log for only handgun and hollowpoint ammo sales. Nothing is reported.  
Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

I buy ammo at Wal-Mart in PA. They recently started asking for my DL. The clerk told me that’s a Wal-Mart policy. Not a PA state requirement.

8 hours ago, PK90 said:

Dealers keep a log for only handgun and hollowpoint ammo sales. Nothing is reported. 

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Sure is. Reported to State Police. Why do you think they keep the logs. It was a State Police mandate.

2 hours ago, reloaderguy said:

Sure is. Reported to State Police. Why do you think they keep the logs. It was a State Police mandate.

You're not buy your ammo from the correct place if it's being reported.

Do you have a link showing where this State Police mandate is published?

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, 1LtCAP said:

so when/how the hell do we get rid of this dick? there is no way this state will survive him for his full term. isn't there a reasonable wqay to recall him? 

Given that MacArthur of the 3rd Congressional District appears to have lost to Andy Kim, Melendez has won despite his certain......preferences, and the Democrats in Burlington County will control the Freeholder Board despite one of those elected having a domestic violence history, I would say that Trump Derangement Syndrome in NJ means we are stuck with Murphy for his full term.

• Like 1

Given that MacArthur of the 3rd Congressional District appears to have lost to Andy Kim, Melendez has won despite his certain......preferences, and the Democrats in Burlington County will control the Freeholder Board despite one of those elected having a domestic violence history, I would say that Trump Derangement Syndrome in NJ means we are stuck with Murphy for his full term.

When are these people going to wake up and realize the Democrats are evil and only want to lie and cheat us.

10 minutes ago, elongobardi said:

When are these people going to wake up and realize the Democrats are evil and only want to lie and cheat us.

Everyone is leaving... don’t expect electoral change

• Like 1

It seems like they don’t wake up in NJ. Listen to 101.5 once in awhile if you want to hear the most ridiculous nonsense from people calling in and giving their opinion. I have to turn it off sometimes.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, YoungGun1967 said:

It seems like they don’t wake up in NJ. Listen to 101.5 once in awhile if you want to hear the most ridiculous nonsense from people calling in and giving their opinion. I have to turn it off sometimes.

Wifey listens to them on her ride home sometimes, she says the same thing. She says WTF is wrong with the people in this state. Must be the fumes from the refineries....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Yes. Just ask any dealer. All of a sudden a few years ago we went from no document of sale from all dealers to every dealer now puts your info in a book. You think the dealers just got together and decided to do this? No. The State Police told them to do it.

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Here you go:

https://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

13:54-3.14 Permanent record of receipt and disposition of firearms and ammunition

(a) Every retail dealer of firearms or gunsmith shall maintain a permanent record of each firearm acquisition and disposition, including firearm frames and receivers. The record shall be maintained in a bound form and shall be kept at the location where the business is being conducted. The purchase or other acquisition of a firearm by the licensed dealer must be recorded no later than at the close of the next business day following the date of such purchase or other acquisition. The record shall show the date each firearm was purchased or otherwise acquired, the type, manufacturer, importer, caliber or gauge, model, name and address of the person from whom received, and the serial number of the firearm. The sale or other disposition of a firearm must be recorded by the licensed dealer not later than the close of the next business day following the date of such sale or disposition. The record shall show the date of sale or other disposition of each firearm, the name and address of the person to whom the firearm was transferred, and the type, manufacturer, importer, caliber or gauge, model and the serial number of the firearm. The information prescribed for the record required by this subchapter shall be in addition to the maintenance of the form of register SP 671 and the certificate of eligibility NJSP-634. (b) Every retail dealer of ammunition shall maintain a permanent record of ammunition acquisition and disposition. The record of purchase or acquisition shall consist of invoices or other commercial records which shall be filed in an orderly manner separate from other commercial records maintained. Such record shall show the name of the manufacturer, the type, caliber or gauge, quantity of the ammunition acquired in the transaction, the date of each acquisition and from whom received. The record of sale or disposition shall be maintained in a bound form and shall contain the date of the transaction, name of manufacturer, caliber or gauge, quantity of ammunition sold, name, address and date of birth of purchaser, and identification used to establish the identity of purchaser. The dealer shall confirm the age of the purchaser of rifle and shotgun ammunition as 18, and handgun ammunition as 21. No record need be maintained for the sale or disposition of shotgun or rifle ammunition. However, sales or other dispositions of ammunition intended for use in any other firearm and which may be interchangeable between rifles and handguns, as well as hollow-nosed or dum-dum ammunition, must be recorded. The records shall be maintained in chronological order by date of acquisition and disposition and shall be kept at the location the business is being conducted. (c) The firearms and ammunition acquisition and disposition record as prescribed under this section need not be required, provided the dealer maintains an updated Federal firearms and ammunition record on firearms or ammunition purchased or acquired and sold as prescribed in Title 26, Internal Revenue, Chapter 1 "Commerce in Firearms and Ammunition", and to the extent that the information required by this section is included on such records. If not included, then the Federal records are to be supplemented so as to include all information required by this section.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:20 PM, leo-польд said:

Does this shi. means we will not be able to order ammo online? Who would report to NJ police out from Oklahoma or Texas based online stores?

Well that would be fairly simple and what NJ has done in the past.

They do a search for ammo sellers, make a fake order and see if they ship and comply with NJ Laws.

Through legislation and more importantly lawsuits, they can drive out of state companies to comply... or more specifically you will see messages of...

"NJ: We do not ship ammunition to the state of NJ."

3 minutes ago, bennj said:

As I understand it, this has nothing to do with out of state ammo sales.

Yes and no.

No that you can always go to Walmart in PA and buy ammo, Yes in that they can use it to litigate shippers willing to send ammo to NJ. 

For sure Maks, someone like targetsportsusa or sgammo could eventually just say the heck with it, screw NJ. Ironically, my wife and I were just looking at condos for sale in a southern free state.

I’ve bought from Midway and they required a copy of my FID. TargetSportsUSA said they didn’t need it for NJ. This may all change. What’s more idiotic about these gun laws is a buddy of mine in IL has a CCW, but he can’t buy ammo online. In NJ I’ll never be able to CCW, but I’ve been able to buy ammo online.