Sign in to follow this  
vjf915

New pistol purchase

Used up my last pistol permit....oh wait, I just showed them my driver's license.

DSC_0822%203_zpsscuyt7kl.jpg

I've wanted an MPX for a while.  I was at the Sig Sauer Academy taking a class, and just couldn't pass it up.  It's an absolute dream to shoot.

• Like 5

Nice! I want a sig rattler but don't have the cash to spend all at once so I'm going to build a 300blk AR "pistol". I recently picked up a 9.5" barrel from green mountian barrels which just happens to be only 25 mins from my house. 

• Like 1

That’s actually one of the first negatives I’ve heard.

To be honest, I’m not a big SIG fan for long guns/braced pistols. Don’t know if it still from their pricing on the classic line (outrageous), the P320 fiasco (and I still like that gun), or just the fact that they charge over twice the amount of a Scorpion for a MPX (not to mention costs of magazines are night/day).

My P228... I consider a collectible. My P938... I love, but the main reason I got it was because it was before the releases of the main pocket 9mms (Glock 43, S&W Shield, etc). Shy of that... SIG really didn’t put anything out that interested me.

Probably will have to look at it again, but just liked CZ from my SP-01. You get A LOT of gun for the price. Figure I just see it similarly here.

And the PTR... that is more of a just kind of want option. Right now, the GSG-5 is the closest thing to an MP5 I can realistically own.

The price difference is pretty substantial.  I'll admit, guns are subjective.  I'd highly recommend trying to shoot each prior to purchasing.  My opinion, the MPX is far better than the Scorpion.  I also have a P320, and absolutely love it.  I know Sig has gotten some flak recently, but I have had great luck so far.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:01 PM, Screwball said:

Same with Maine... except you can’t hunt with a machine gun. Freaking liberals. emoji107.png

Where you moving to in maine? I'm 20 mins from the fryberg maine and 1.45hrs from portland. 

23 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Unsure about exact location, but Houlton area.

Nice! that's about 4.5hrs away from me. I'm going to my buddy's deer camp after Thanksgiving for a day or two to hunt over that way. 

• Like 1